Through this article, we learn how to download, install, and update the AMD CPU driver to get the best performance from the processor.
AMD is among the pioneers in the graphic card and processor-making industry. It builds some of the most robust processors that can handle all the resource-hogging and graphics-intensive activities, such as running high-end games with ease. However, like every other component of the computer, AMD processors also need a driver update so that you do not face unresolvable PC issues. Therefore, through this article, we discuss how to update the AMD CPU driver.
Our Recommended Way To Update AMD CPU Driver On Windows PC
Some of us are not patient enough to read to the whole post to get the perfect solution. For them, we would like to share our recommendation for how to update AMD CPU Driver on Windows. And like always, we recommend using Bit Driver Updater this time as well to update PC drivers. Anyone can use it. The tool is that simple to use.
Now, let’s proceed with all the other ways. But, before we move to the methods to download AMD CPU driver, install, and update it, first answer a question that we have received multiple times, i.e., Do CPUs need driver updates?
You do not need to update the CPU drivers for executing various tasks as the in-built BIOS in the motherboard does that. To make the most of your AMD CPU, you need to download, install, and update the drivers for the motherboard chipset. How to do this is what we are going to discuss next.
How to Download, Install, and Update the AMD CPU Driver
Below are the simple and straightforward methods to download, install, and update the AMD CPU driver, i.e., motherboard chipset driver. For ease of understanding, we have put them under two headings.
Part I: Download and install AMD CPU Driver
Below are the ways to download the AMD CPU driver and install it quickly without any hassles.
Way 1: Download AMD CPU Driver through the AMD Website
The official AMD website contains all drivers required to use the AMD products with ease. Below is how you can download the CPU driver from there.
- Go to the official website of AMD.
- Select the Drivers & Support option from the menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Select your product from the list section and choose Processors with graphics.
- Now, select the AMD processor series.
- Choose your processor from the list of processors displayed on the screen.
- Next, click on the Submit button.
- Click on the Drivers option.
- AMD auto detects your operating system. Click on the Download button to download the driver file on your computer.
- After the file is downloaded, unzip and open it, and be guided by the instructions coming up on your screen to install the updated AMD CPU driver.
Way 2: Use Device Manager to install the AMD CPU driver
To download, install, and update drivers, you can make use of Device Manager, i.e., a driver management tool that comes in Windows computers. Below is how to use it for installing the AMD CPU driver.
- Download the driver file as per the steps given in Way 1.
- After the file is downloaded, save it on your computer.
- Now, use the shortcut command Windows + R to call up the Run box.
- In the Run box, type the devmgmt.msc command and select OK.
- When the Device Manager becomes visible, click on Processors to view them.
- Right-click on the AMD CPU and select Update driver.
- Now, pick the second option, i.e., Browse my computer for driver software.
- Enter the location of the folder where the driver file is saved. Checkmark Include subfolders and click Browse.
- Now, you will be asked to select the folder containing the driver file. Choose the folder where the driver file is saved and click OK.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation of the AMD CPU driver.
Above we have elucidated the methods to download and install the driver for your AMD processor. Now, let’s have a look at how to update the AMD CPU driver.
Also Read: How to Update CPU Driver on Windows 10, 8, 7
Part II: Update AMD CPU Driver on Windows 10, 8, 7
It becomes a cakewalk to update the AMD CPU driver, i.e., drivers for motherboard chipset if you do it in the best way. Therefore, below we share the ways to download the updated driver version and install it.
Way 1: Update AMD CPU Driver Manually
Manually updating the AMD CPU drivers requires computer skills, energy, efforts, and a lot of time. Therefore, it is not the preferred way to update drivers. But, you can give it a shot by implementing the below steps.
- Use the Run box to open Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager gets evoked, click the category of Processors to expand it.
- Right-click on the AMD CPU and choose Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to search for the latest AMD CPU driver, download, and install it.
Way 2: Update AMD CPU driver automatically (Recommended)
You can download, install, and update AMD CPU driver automatically without investing much of your time, energy, and efforts. All that you are required to do is get Bit Driver Updater and follow a simple series of steps to do it. This software downloads the missing drivers fixes the corrupt ones and updates all the outdated drivers in a click. Moreover, it also improves the performance of your computer by making it smooth and fast. Below is how to use it.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and install it using this link.
- Allow it to run an automatic computer scan or initiate a manual scan by selecting the “Scan” option.
- Now, wait for two to three seconds till the scan results show up on the screen.
- Once you get the results, click on “Update Now” located opposite the AMD CPU driver to update it. Alternatively, you can select Update All to update all the drivers in one click. If you choose to update all the drivers in a single go, then you also get an option to backup and restore the drivers, increase the download speed of drivers, and more.
Above we discussed how to update AMD CPU driver automatically using Bit Driver Updater. Click on the link shared below for updating the drivers and getting the best computer performance.
Update AMD CPU Driver: Concluding Words
Through this article, we answered one of the most frequently asked questions, i.e., “How do I update my AMD CPU driver?” We hope that now you will be able to download, install, and update AMD CPU drivers effortlessly. If you have any questions or confusion, then drop the same in the comments section. And be sure to subscribe to this blog for more such posts.