AMD high definition audio device is responsible for sending sound over HDMI and DisplayPort connections. Therefore, if you see AMD high definition audio device not plugged in error in your Windows desktop or laptop, then don’t get worried as there are some easy fixes available to deal with this error.
But, before moving on to those solutions, it is crucial to discuss why AMD high definition audio device has no sound as when you know the reasons, solving the problem becomes a cakewalk. Hence, we share them below.
- AMD HD audio drivers are missing, out of date, or incompatible.
- System settings are not configured correctly.
- Virus or malware related issues exist on your computer.
- Your graphics card is corrupt.
A Recommended Solution to the AMD HD Audio Device not Plugged Error:
A solution to the AMD HD audio device not plugged error: Try the below-suggested methods to deal with AMD HD audio device not plugged in issues on your system. And do not forget to install the most recommended Bit Driver Updater to fix AMD HD audio device not plugged error, and various such driver errors. Here is the button clicking on which you can download the Bit Driver Updater program on your PC.
Run the DISM Command to Resolve AMD High Definition Audio Device Error
DISM is the abbreviation of Deployment Image Servicing and Management. To fix the bug problem, you can use this command as per below steps:
- Open the Command Prompt and choose to run it as an administrator.
- Paste the below command and press the Enter key.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After a while, paste another command, followed by pressing the Enter key.
- Once the command execution is complete, restart your computer to check if the problem is resolved.
Reinstall DISAMD Audio Device and Driver to Resolve AMD High Definition Audio Issue
Reinstalling the AMD HD audio drivers can resolve the “AMD HD audio device no sound” problem. For this, you need to download the AMD HD audio device drivers.
- Press the Windows key + R key together to open the Run box.
- Here, input “devmgmt.msc,” and then click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Double click on the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ to expand the list view.
- Using the right-click option of your mouse, uninstall the AMD high definition audio driver.
- Make sure that you have marked a tick on the box before “Delete the driver software for this device,” message, and click on Uninstall.
- Post this, restart the computer. Once the system restarts, Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
- If the problem is not resolved, then try your luck with the next solution method.
Add a network service if the AMD high definition audio device is not plugged in
Adding a network service is also one of the ways through which you can solve the issues if the AMD audio is not working properly. Follow the directions shared below to add a network service.
- In the search box of Windows, input “Cmd” and right-click the first search result.
- Choose “Run as administrator” from the options menu that pops up on your screen.
- Execute the commands given below one after the other. Ensure that the first command gets completely executed before you enter the second one.
net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
- After both of the above commands get successfully executed, restart the PC and check whether the problems are resolved or still AMD high definition audio device has no sound.
Use IDT Audio Installer to fix the issues if AMD audio driver is not available
You can try fixing the issues with your AMD audio driver using IDT Audio Installer. Below we explain the step-by-step instructions to do it.
- Download IDT Audio Installer on your computer.
- After downloading the Installer, press the Windows and R key on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box.
- Once the Run dialog box becomes visible on your computer, input “devmgmt.msc”, and select “OK.”
- After you get Device Manager, click on “Sound, video, and Game Controllers.”
- Right-click on IDT and choose “Uninstall device” from the on-screen options.
- Checkmark the “Uninstall the driver software for this device” box and click on the “OK” button.
- After the uninstallation completes, restart the device.
- Right-click IDT Audio Installer and choose “Run as administrator” from the options present on your screen.
- Right-click on the sound icon and choose “Playback Devices.”
- Choose the speakers or headphones and click on the “Set as Default” button located at the bottom.
- Save the changes that you have made and exit the window.
- Lastly, check whether the issues are resolved or the AMD audio device has a driver problem.
AMD HD Audio Device Driver Update (Recommended)
If your AMD audio driver or PCI driver is missing or obsolete, then you can experience AMD high definition audio device not plugged in windows 10/7 error. So, you need to update the AMD high definition audio device drivers of your windows 10 & 7 manually or automatically.
This is a time-consuming process and is difficult for amateurs. You can go to the Device Manager of your system and locate the faulty drivers. Below are the step-by-step directions to do it.
- Launch “Device Manager” on your computer.
- After the Device Manager is triggered, click on the “Sound, Video, and Game Controllers” to expand the same.
- Right-click on the AMD high definition audio device and choose “Update driver” from the context menu.
- Now, two options will appear on the screen. Select the first one, i.e., “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Finally, let Windows download and install the AMD high definition audio device driver update. However, you must wait patiently as the process may take several hours to complete.
Automatic Process – You can save your time by downloading an efficient Driver Updater tool that can take care of detecting the faulty drivers and then installing the updated version of the AMD HD audio drivers.
Use the Best Driver Updater – Bit Driver Updater
- You can use the Bit Driver Updater application to update audio drivers. It will do all the hard work for running scheduled scans, identify the updated drivers that are compatible with your system, and then install them on your system. You can choose to use the free version or the Pro version. The Pro version can do the task for you in just two clicks.
- Click on the Scan button.
- It will check all the drivers installed on your system and then detect the outdated or missing AMD HD audio device drivers of Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
- Then, click on the Update button next to the drivers, which have been flagged after the scan. This will make the tool look for the updated versions online. The tool will then download and install the AMD HD audio device driver updated versions.
- Further, restart your computer.
Above were the solutions to fix the issues if the AMD high definition audio device is not plugged in because of the software problems. Now, we have got a bonus for you. Below are the pro tips to help you fix the hardware-related problems with your AMD high definition audio device.
Tips to solve hardware problems related to AMD high definition audio device
- Send an AV signal to a device such as HDTV.
- Connect the graphics card to any other computer and check whether you get the audio or not.
- Change the cables if they are not proper or there are any loose ends.
- Take the card out from the slot, remove dust, and plug it again.
- Keep the updated graphics card drivers.
AMD high definition audio device not plugged in: Solved
To conclude this article, you can try the above fixes or try to take your system for service if all the solutions fail to resolve the AMD high definition audio device is not plugged in error. Scanning your computer regularly using Driver Updater tools can benefit in a lot of ways as they reduce the risk of manual errors, saves your time, and solves AMD high definition audio device has no sound problem. Driver Updater tools are undoubtedly the best option when it comes to updating the AMD HD audio device drivers.