AMD high definition audio device is responsible for sending sound over HDMI and DisplayPort connections. Therefore, if you see AMD high definition audio device not plugged in error in your Windows desktop or laptop, then don’t get worried as there are some easy fixes available to deal with this error.
A solution to the AMD HD audio device not plugged error: Try the below-suggested methods to deal with AMD HD audio device not plugged in issues on your system.
Run the DISM command to resolve AMD high definition audio device error
DISM is the abbreviation of Deployment Image Servicing and Management. To fix the bug problem, you can use this command as per below steps:
- Open the Command Prompt and choose to run it as an administrator.
- Paste the below command and press the Enter key.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After a while, paste another command, followed by pressing the Enter key.
- Once the command execution is complete, restart your computer to check if the problem is resolved.
Reinstall DISAMD audio device and driver to resolve AMD high definition audio issue
Reinstalling the AMD HD audio drivers can resolve the “AMD HD audio device no sound” problem. For this, you need to download the AMD HD audio device drivers.
- Press the Windows key + R key together to open the Run box.
- Here, input “devmgmt.msc,” and then click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Double click on the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ to expand the list view.
- Using the right-click option of your mouse, uninstall the AMD high definition audio driver.
- Make sure that you have marked a tick on the box before “Delete the driver software for this device,” message, and click on Uninstall.
- Post this, restart the computer. Once the system restarts, Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
- If the problem is not resolved, then try your luck with the next solution method.
AMD HD Audio Device Driver Update
If your AMD audio driver or PCI driver is missing or obsolete, then you can experience AMD high definition audio device not plugged in windows 10/7 error. So, you need to update the AMD high definition audio device drivers of your windows 10 & 7 manually or automatically.
Manual Process – This is a time-consuming process and is difficult for amateurs. You can go to the Device Manager of your system and locate the faulty drivers. Then, try to find the updated version of the driver available from the manufacturer online. Download and install the updated driver version, which is compatible with your Windows operating system.
Automatic Process – You can save your time by downloading an efficient Driver Updater tool that can take care of detecting the faulty drivers and then installing the updated version of the AMD HD audio drivers.
Use the Best Driver Updater – ITL Driver Updater
- You can use the ITL Driver Updater tool to update audio drivers. It will do all the hard work for running scheduled scans, identify the updated drivers that are compatible with your system, and then install them on your system. You can choose to use the free version or the Pro version. The Pro version can do the task for you in just two clicks.
- Click on the Scan button.
- It will check all the drivers installed on your system and then detect the outdated or missing AMD HD audio device drivers of Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
- Then, click on the Update button next to the drivers, which have been flagged after the scan. This will make the tool look for the updated versions online. The tool will then download and install the AMD HD audio device driver updated versions.
- Further, restart your computer.
To conclude this article, you can try the above fixes or try to take your system for service, if all the fixes fail. Scanning your computer regularly using Driver Updater tools can benefit in a lot of ways as they reduce the risk of manual errors and also saves your time. Driver Updater tools are undoubtedly the best option when it comes to updating the AMD HD audio device drivers.