Here is the Avast Driver Updater download guide to help you get rid of the Windows driver issues. And to help your get familiar with the driver upgrading software, we have also provided a comprehensive Avast Driver Updater review. Read on to know more.
Most of us know Avast as the leading developer of computer security programs. However, the software giant also offers a lot of other major PC tuneup utilities such as Avast Clean Up, Avast Secure Browser, etc. Avast Driver Updater is also one of the helpful system optimizing programs of the developer. It helps the users to get rid of the Windows driver issues. So, if you have troublesome outdated drivers on your computer, then all you need is a comprehensive Avast Driver Updater download guide.
Along with the guide, you also require an honest Avast Driver Updater review to get familiar with all the features, pros, & cons of the software. Hence, here we have brought this for you. Now, without further additions, let’s start this Avast utility review with a brief introduction.
What Is Avast Driver Updater
Avast is a popular name when it comes to providing top-notch performance to your device, including Windows PC, Android or iOS smartphones, Mac, etc. The developer offers many system optimizing utilities for multiple platforms. Avast Driver Updater is one of them. It is a software that helps Windows PC users to update and cure the faulty or outdated drivers. Upgrading the drivers is not the only thing with which the utility helps its users. It also features several other benefits.
The functionality is pretty simple and hence grabs the user’s attention. However, one does not underestimate the capabilities of the driver updater software due to its easy UI. Avast Driver Updater offers plenty of advanced features, including the ability to create and restore the hardware driver backups, carry out automatic driver scans, etc. There are a bunch of functions of this driver updating program that are worth mentioning and shout out. We will discuss them later in this Avast Driver Updater download guide and review post. First of all, let’s check out the specifications of the software.
Specifications & System Requirements Of Avast Driver Updater
Here we have listed the system requirements & key specifications of the software’s latest version. One must know them before proceeding with the Avast Driver Updater download guide.
|Compatibility:||Windows 7, 8, 8.1. & 10|
|Installer size:||1.04 MB|
|Driver Database:||More Than 5 Million Drivers|
|Additional Features:||Automatic Driver Scans, Driver Backup Creation Tool, Driver Backup Restoration|
|Cost (Full Version):||$39.99 (annual subscription for 1 PC)|
Now, it’s an apt time to start the software review. However, before the critical evaluation, it is better to understand the features and functionality of the program in detail. Hence, below we have mentioned the Avast Driver Updater features that we have observed.
Worth Mentioning Features Of Avast Driver Updater
While doing this Avast Driver Updater review, we get to know that the software offers several helpful & PC performance-optimizing features. Here we would like to mention all the prominent ones below. All these features help the program in attaining the tag of best driver updater software for Windows in 2021.
- Simplistic Interface
The simplistic interface of Avast Driver Updater is the foremost thing that we like to talk about. No matter if you are familiar with this Avast utility or not, you can use it to update your drivers seamlessly. It offers a pretty straightforward UI. Hence, the users can efficiently make use of its functionality with minimal guidance only. You can just download Avast Driver Updater and use its features to fix your PC drivers.
- Automatic Driver Scan
Now, let’s acknowledge the most advanced feature of this Avast utility. Avast Driver Updater full version comes with an option to schedule your driver scans in the future. You only have to set a specific duration and time of the day when you want to perform a driver scan. After this, the software automatically scans your PC drivers as per the set schedule and provides you with the notification to update your drivers, if required.
- Concurrent Driver Scan
One of the essential functions of a PC driver updater is the ability to perform real-time driver scan. And, in Avast Driver Updater, you also get this benefit. It performs concurrent driver scans and provides you with the latest version of drivers available at that moment.
- Huge Database
It can help you out fixing any of the possible driver problems on your computer. And the reason for this is the program’s immense driver database. Avast driver updating utility offers a database of more than 5 Million PC drivers. Hence, it is quite efficient in detecting and repairing all the driver-related issues on your system.
- Backup Creation Tool
There is also a feature for safeguarding the currently installed drivers on your PC. You can easily create driver backups using this software as it comes with a driver backup tool. Hence, Avast Driver Updater also helps you to deal with the unwanted changes that may occur due to a driver update.
- Driver Backup Restoration
What is the benefit of a backup when you cannot restore it with ease? This is why Avast driver care utility also offers a driver backup restoration feature to its users. Anyone can easily restore the driver backups using this tool.
- Option To Skip & Ignore Driver Updates
Sometimes you just do not want to update a PC driver. Don’t worry. Avast Driver Updater comes with a tool to skip and ignore some drivers while searching for the latest versions for other ones. However, you can still update the ignored or skipped driver whenever you want.
- Reliable Driver Updates
Another plus point of Avast Driver Updater is that you can trust on the updates provided by the software. It offers quite reliable driver updates from more than 1300 authentic driver manufacturers.
Available Versions Of Avast Driver Updater
Avast offers two different versions of its driver updater software, and both have a distinct set of features allocated. To decide which one suits your requirements better, let’s take a look at both of them and discuss their cost & offered features. First, we would like to discuss the free version of the software, and after that, we’ll proceed to the full version in this Avast Driver Updater review.
Avast Driver Updater Free Version
Considering the requirement of the best free driver updater utility among the users, Avast offers a free version of its driver upgrading program. It does not require you to spend even a single penny to use the Avast Driver Updater free version. You do not even have to provide your credit card details. The software is entirely free and still offers a great set of features to the users. It allows you to scan all your drivers and find out the faulty ones with a single click. A lot of users also use it to check out the interface and functions offered in the Avast Driver Updater full version.
It can disappoint the users who are looking for a complete driver upgrading solution. Avast Driver Updater free version only has a scan only mode and restricts from updating the drivers. Hence, for performing any other feature apart from the driver scan, you have to upgrade to the full version of the software by using the Avast Driver Updater license key.
Avast Driver Updater Full Version
The full version of the software comes with zero restrictions over the features. You can use all the features mentioned above by opting for the Avast Driver Updater complete version. It allows you to update your hardware drivers, create their backups, restore them, create driver ignore or skip list, and a lot of other things. However, unlike the previous one, it is not free. You have to get the license key of the software from the manufacturer, i.e., Avast, and then upgrade the software to its pro version.
You can subscribe to the full version of the software for a year for $39.99. With this subscription, you can use the Avast Driver Updater pro version on your Windows PC. To use it on multiple computers, you have to purchase the other subscription plans of the software.
Now, let’s dive into the functionality of this driver repairing utility of Avast for better evaluation.
How To Use Avast Driver Updater
For the complete Avast Driver Updater review, we have to examine all its aspects, including features, specifications, functionality, pros, and cons. Hence, here we are going to have a peek into the functionality of Avast’s driver upgrading program. Knowing how to use the utility helps in making a better decision on whether to download Avast Driver Updater or not.
How To Download & Install Avast Driver Updater
Let’s get familiar with the download & installation process of the software. Below we have listed the steps required to download Avast Driver Updater on your Windows 10, 8, & 7 PC and then install it properly.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to Avast’s website.
- Then, go to the Performance tab and select the Driver Updater option.
- Now, download the software installer.
- After that, go to the location where you have downloaded the Avast Driver Updater installer.
- Start the installation process by running the avast_driver_updater_online_setup.exe file as administrator.
- In the UAC (User Account Control) box, select the Yes button.
- Now, select Install Now option and proceed with the provided onscreen directions.
How To Scan & Update PC Drivers Using Avast Driver Updater
You can follow the below steps to perform a driver scan on your computer and updated the detected faulty drivers after the successful installation of the Avast Driver Updater.
- Browse to the location where you have installed Avast Driver Updater.
- Double click on the software icon and run it on your Windows PC.
- After that, select the Scan Drivers option available on the home screen of the program.
- Wait till the Avast utility completes the driver scanning process.
- Now, browse the list of outdated drivers detected by the software.
- Unmark the ones of which you do not want an upgraded version.
- After doing this, click on the Update option to get the latest version of drivers downloaded and installed on your PC.
How To Ignore & Skip Drivers
You can also make the Avast Driver Updater ignore some of the driver while performing the driver scan. Below are the steps to do so.
- Run Avast Driver Updater.
- Start the driver scan.
- After getting the scan results, go to the drivers that you want the software to ignore or skip this time.
- Then click on the arrow-like button.
- After that, select the three dots.
- You’ll see options to skip and ignore the driver. Click the one you want.
How To Create Driver Backups Via Avast Driver Updater
The driver backup function of Avast Driver Updater provides additional security to the installed drivers of your PC. It helps to keep a backup of the current version of your driver so that you can reverse the unwanted changes. Here is how you can create driver backups using Avast Driver Updater.
- Run the driver upgrading tool on your PC.
- After that, click the Backup tab available on the home screen.
- Decide where you want to save the created backup of your PC drivers.
- Now, select the drivers you want to backup.
- At last, initiate the backup creation by selecting the next option.
How To Reinstate Driver Backups With Avast Driver Updater
Along with creating the driver backups, users also get the option to reinstate them. It helps them to reverse the unnecessary changes that occurred due to the latest driver update. Below are the steps to restore driver backups with Avast Driver Updater software.
- Browse to the location where you have installed Avast Driver Updater.
- Double click on the software icon and run it on your Windows PC.
- Select the Restore option available on the home screen of the driver upgrading software.
- Now you have to decide the driver backup that you want to reinstate on your PC.
- At last, select the Restore option and reinstate that particular driver backup.
How To Enable Automatic Driver Scans On Avast Driver Updater
One of the prominent features of the software that we have also highlighted in this Avast Driver Updater review is its ability to carry out automatic scans. It comes with a scan scheduler that helps to perform the scan for detecting driver issues automatically. Here is how you can use this function of the software.
- Run Avast Driver Updater.
- Go to the Options button available on the home screen and select it.
- In Options, select the SHELD option.
- Now, set a schedule for the automatic driver scan.
- At last, click on Save.
While evaluating the features & functionality of Avast Driver Updater, we have noticed several pros and cons of the software. Here we would like to discuss them and help you evaluate the program in a better way.
Things We Liked About Avast Driver Updater
Being an optimist, we would first like to discuss the things that we liked about the program in this Avast Driver Updater review. There are a lot of features and functions of this Avast utility that impressed us. Below we have mentioned them all.
- Immense & diversified driver database
- Simplistic & user-friendly interface
- Quite compact program
- Offers information about the source of available driver update
- Smoothens graphics & audio performance of PC
- Performs driver scans automatically
- Ensures quality & authenticity of available driver updates
- Helps to create driver restore points easily
- Allows to reinstate driver backups with a few clicks
- Comes with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
These are some of the reasons that support the argument to download Avast Driver Updater on Windows PC to update the system & hardware drivers. Now, let’s move on to the cons of the program.
Things We Did Not Like About Avast Driver Updater
It’s not correct to be an optimist all the time. You have to be rational as well, and for that, you have to evaluate things critically to make a better decision. Hence, here we would like to highlight the things that we did not like about Avast Driver Updater.
First of all, let’s talk about the free version of this Avast utility. It doesn’t have much to offer. You can only detect the driver issues on your PC using it. And the max that you can do with it is checking out the features available in the software. Apart from that, you can not do anything else using the free version of the utility. To update and repair the faulty drivers, you have to spend some bucks and purchase the Avast Driver Updater key to upgrade the free version to the full version of the software.
However, we have also noticed a major drawback in the full version of the software. It does not offer a diverse functionality. You can only fix your drivers using it. The software does not allow you to optimize the performance of your PC by any other means. Due to the lack of additional features in Avast Driver Updater, some of the program’s alternatives are a step ahead of it.
So, that was our review of the software. However, before concluding, we would like to resolve all your concerns and queries related to this Avast utility. Hence, now we are going to answer some frequently asked questions about Avast Driver Updater.
Frequently Asked Questions
As discussed, here are the answers to your frequently asked questions about Avast Driver Updater.
Is Using Avast Driver Updater Safe For My PC And My Data
First of all, we would like to provide a straightforward answer to the question. Yes, Avast Driver Updater software is entirely safe for your PC and data. Multiple reasons are supporting this statement. One of them is that the software offers only authentic driver updates from more than 1300+ driver manufacturers. And if you want some additional security, then the program has a driver backup and restoration tool for you. Hence, one can trust Avast Driver Updater without any second thought.
How To Upgrade To The Full Version Of Avast Driver Updater
The free version of this Avast utility offers only scan-only mode. Hence, to do something more than just scanning the PC drivers, you have to upgrade to the Avast Driver Updater full version. Here is how you can do it.
- Run Avast Driver Updater.
- Now, go to the Menu and click on it.
- Select My Subscriptions from the multiple options available in the Menu.
- Then, you have to choose the Enter a valid activation code option.
- After that, provide the Avast Driver Updater key that you have received after purchasing the full version of the software on Avast’s website. You have to type or paste the key in the text box available.
- Once you have entered the Avast Driver Updater license key, click on the Enter button available under the text box to upgrade the software to its full version.
Is There Any Free Portable Version Available Of Avast Driver Updater
The answer to this question is a straight NO! Avast does not offer any free portable version of the software. Hence, stop searching for it on the web. If some source apart from the official manufacturer, i.e., Avast, claims to provide Avast Driver Updater portable version, then do not download it.
How To Uninstall Avast Driver Updater
Avast Driver Updater is a pretty helpful program to fix Windows driver issues. However, it also has a few cons, due to which some of you may want to uninstall the program. Don’t worry. Below we have also provided the steps required to uninstall Avast Driver Updater from Windows PC.
- The first step is to perform a right-click on the Windows start icon.
- Then, you have to choose the Apps and Features option.
- After that, select the Avast Driver Updater app.
- Now, start the app uninstallation by selecting the Uninstall button.
- Then, provide you confirmation in the User Account Control box by choosing Yes.
- It will take you to the Avast Driver Updater setup.
- In the setup, click on the Uninstall button.
- Now, wait & let the system process the app uninstallation.
- The setup will ask you that ‘Do you really want to uninstall Avast Driver Updater?’ You have to click on the Uninstall button.
- Finish the Avast Driver Updater installation process by selecting the Done option on the last screen of the software setup wizard.
If you have uninstalled Avast Driver Updater to try some other better alternatives, then we suggest you to download & use Bit Driver Updater. It effectively helps you to fix all your driver problems. The program is pretty handy and quite simple to use as well.
Conclusion Of Avast Driver Updater Review: Is It Worth To Download
We hope that the above Avast Driver Updater review has helped you to know all the features, functionalities, and positive & negative aspects of the software. Now, it’s time to conclude the post by providing our final verdict for this Avast program. It is a pretty useful utility to resolve all your system issues due to faulty & corrupted drivers. The software provides the most authentic & WHQL certified driver updates. Hence, we would like to include it in our list of some best driver updating & repairing utilities for Windows available in 2021.
However, despite providing credible driver updates, it also has a few cons that may trouble some of its users. If the additional performance-optimizing features and free driver upgrading tool are your priorities, then it is not a good call to download Avast Driver Updater. But, if you are looking for software that solely focuses on providing authentic driver updates, then this Avast program is one of the best choices for you. Furthermore, if you found this review educational and fun to read, then subscribe to Innovana blogs for more such software reviews & tech related posts.