If Battlefield 5 is crashing, then do not worry. Read on to know the quick and easy fixes for this problem.
Out of all the kinds of games that are known to gamers, shooting games are among the most exciting ones. After all, nothing can beat the excitement of mowing down the target. When we talk about shooting games, we cannot skip the Battlefield series as it has always been a favorite of the gaming community. However, recently many gamers have reported that Battlefield 5 is crashing on the desktop. If you also have the same complaint, then keep on reading this article.
We are here with the 100% working solutions for this problem so that you never miss a shot while playing Battlefield 5. But, before moving ahead, you would wish to know why the game keeps on crashing, right? Well, we share the same below.
Why is Battlefield 5 Crashing
There are many reasons because of which Battlefield 5 keeps crashing on startup or in the middle of the game. Below we list out the prominent ones from them.
- Outdated graphic drivers.
- Other applications are conflicting with the game.
- Corrupt system files.
- The game files are corrupt.
Above were the core causes of the Battlefield V freezing or crashing issue. Now, let’s troubleshoot the problems so that you can play your favorite game without any glitches.
Sure-shot Fixes for Battlefield 5 Crashing Issue
Below are the solutions that you need to fix the problems if Battlefield V is crashing to the desktop.
Solution 1: Change the Virtual Memory Size
If the size of the virtual memory is not large enough, then you may encounter annoying problems such as Battlefield 5 crashing on the startup or middle of the gaming session. Thus, change the size of the virtual memory. Here are the steps for doing it.
- Right-click on the “This PC” icon and select “Properties” from the given options.
- Take a note of the “Installed memory (RAM)” and click on the “Advanced system settings” option.
- Move to the “Advanced” tab and click on the “Settings” button.
- Now, the Performance Options appear on the screen. Click on the “Advanced” tab and select “Change.”
- Uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- Go to the “Custom size” option and set the “Initial size” to the recommended one.
- In the “Maximum size” column, enter a figure larger than the initial size of the virtual memory.
- Click on the “OK” button and restart the computer.
- Lastly, play Battlefield 5 for a couple of hours and check whether it still keeps on crashing or the problem is now fixed.
Solution 2: Disable the in-game overlay
The in-game overlay often interferes with the normal functioning of the game and results in issues like Battlefield V crashing to the desktop. Therefore, follow the steps shared here to disable the in-game overlay.
- Open the Origin.
- Select the “origin menu” and choose “Application settings.”
- Click on the “More” option and choose “ORIGIN IN-GAME.”
- Toggle off the “Enable Origin In-Game” option.
- Launch Battlefield 5 again and check whether it continues to crash to desktop or the problem has now vanished.
Solution 3: Delete the File Settings
If Battlefield V is freezing, then you need to delete the file settings for repairing the game. Implement the steps shared here to do it.
- Follow the path C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE \Documents\Battlefield V\settings.
- Delete all the contents of this folder.
- Open the Origin.
- Select “My Game Library.”
- Click on “Battlefield 5” and choose “Repair.”
- After the repair completes, restart your computer.
- Now, launch the game, play for some time, and check whether Battlefield V is crashing or the problem is gone for good.
Solution 4: Update the Graphic Driver (Recommended)
Graphics card is the lifeblood of every gamer’s computer. Without a well functioning graphics card, no game can run correctly, let alone high-end games like Battlefield 5. And to perform as expected, the graphic card needs updated drivers, i.e., channels to communicate with the computer. If the graphics card driver is not up to date, then the card will show errors and glitches. Therefore, it is important to update the driver timely. You can update the graphics card driver automatically with a click using Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater is among our favorite programs to update drivers since, in addition to updating drivers automatically, it also makes the computer a lot faster and well-performing. Apart from this, it hosts a gigantic database of drivers and downloads only WHQL authenticated drivers. Below is how to use this program.
How to use Bit Driver Updater for updating the graphic card driver automatically?
To update the graphic card driver with Bit Driver Updater, you need to follow a few quick and easy steps. Here they are.
- Download and install Bit Driver Updater from the link given here.
- After the software launches, let it scan your computer automatically or click on Scan to perform the scan yourself.
- Wait for two-three seconds.
- Review the scan results that come up on your screen. Click on the “Update Now” button located opposite the graphics driver to update it.
You can also update all the drivers in a single go by clicking the “Update All” button. If you do that, then you get a bunch of useful options such as driver backup and restore, driver exclusion from the scan, acceleration of the driver download speed, and a lot of other features.
An implementation of the above-mentioned steps is all that you need to do to get rid of annoying issues, such as Battlefield 5 crashing on the desktop. Hence, click here to get Bit Driver Updater.
Solution 5: Switch to DX11
DX12 shows a lot of issues while playing Battlefield V. Therefore, we suggest you turn off DX12 and switch to DX11 for playing the game smoothly. Follow the steps shared below to do it.
- Go to the “Advanced video settings” in Origin.
- Turn off the toggle for DX12.
- Now, check whether the game is running smoothly or not. If not, then come back to the Advanced video settings, reduce the DXR Raytrace Reflections Quality, and then restart Battlefield 5.
Solution 6: Run Origin and Battlefield 5 as admin
Running Origin and Battlefield 5 as admin can also solve the Battlefield 5 is crashing issue. Below is the way to do the same.
- Right-click on the executable file of Battlefield 5 and choose “Properties.”
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab and click on “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click on “Apply” and “OK.”
- In the same way, run Origin as an administrator.
- Relaunch the game and check whether it is running correctly or not.
Solution 7: Perform system file checking
Corrupt system files are one of the major causes of issues like Battlefield V crashing to desktop. Therefore, you need to run the system file check to fix the problem. Follow these steps to do it.
- In the search box, type “Command Prompt”, right-click the first search result, and select “Run as administrator.”
- After the Command Prompt opens, type sfc /scannow in the command line and press “Enter.”
- Wait for the process to finish and after it finishes, restart Battlefield 5.
Solution 8: Try performing a clean boot
Performing a clean boot solves the problem if the other applications are conflicting with the game. Hence, follow the instructions given here to perform a clean boot.
- Press Windows and R key at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box, type “msconfig” and click “OK.”
- Go to the “Services” tab, checkmark “Hide all Microsoft services”, click on “Disable All”, and then select “OK.”
- Move to the “Startup” tab and select “Open Task Manager.”
- Disable each of the startup items one-by-one.
- Restart the PC and launch Battlefield 5 again to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 9: Do not overclock the processors
Overclocking the processors negatively affects the performance of Battlefield 5. Therefore, do not overclock your CPU or GPU for playing the game smoothly.
Solution 10: Update Windows
Operating system errors often lead to problems such as Battlefield 5 crashing on PC. Therefore, to fix the problems, update the operating system. Follow the steps shared here to do it.
- In the Run box, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” and click on “OK.”
- Click on the “Check for updates” button.
- Download and install the available update for your Windows version.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
Battlefield 5 Crashing: Fixed
Through this article, we learned the easiest possible fixes for the Battlefield 5 crashing issue. In our view, the best way to solve this, as well as all the other gaming problems, is to update drivers with Bit Driver Updater. If you find any other better fix or need a solution for such other problems, then leave us a comment. We will return soon with more such tech guides and updates.