The best app lock for Android can hide your pictures, videos, and other apps to prevent snoopy people from accessing them. Thus, read on to know about these app lockers.
Nowadays, the phone has become a door to your life. You store a majority of sensitive data such as private pictures and messages on your phone. Thus, anybody who gets hold of the phone can easily get a sneak peek into your personal life.
Perhaps, the only way to keep your privacy intact is password protecting the phone. But, what if you give the phone to someone or a kid to view a picture or play games? In such a scenario, you need the best app lock for Android as an extra security layer.
These best app lockers for Android helps you seal the gallery and other private apps with a fingerprint. The finger lock makes sure that anyone cannot access your data unless you authorize them to do so.
Talking about the best fingerprint app lockers, there is a multitude of lock apps on the Play Store. But, some of these apps sell your data to third parties and expose them to the prying eyes of hackers.
Therefore, to safeguard our readers from such deceiving apps, we curated the truly best app lock for Android. The next segment focuses on the same.
Top 10 Best App lockers for Android to keep your Privacy Intact in 2020
Not every app locker is the best app lock for Android. Thus, below are the real best app lock apps that help you protect your privacy without compromising on data security.
Hands down the best app lock app
Compatibility: Android 4.1 and up
This freeware from Lovekara is the best app lock for Android. It does the task of locking your contacts, SMS, email, gallery, calls, and settings or any other app perfectly. Below are its other prominent features.
- Lets you set a pin or password to lock any of the apps on your phone.
- It has a minimalist interface that is perfect for novice users.
- Relocks idle apps after the timeout set by you.
- It does not confuse you with unnecessary features.
- The UI is simple and easy to understand.
- Ads are somewhat irritating.
- There is no fingerprint locking
2. Norton App Lock
Most secure & best phone lock app for Android
Compatibility: Android 4.0 and up
Norton, a popular name in the antivirus domain, also offers the best app lock for Android. This ad-free app locker is a feature-rich package to shield the apps and data. Here, we talk about a few of its prominent features.
- Allows you to lock the apps with a pin, password, or fingerprint
- Hides private pictures and videos behind a safe vault
- Prevents unauthorized app uninstallation
- Recommends the apps that should be protected
- Clicks the picture of an interloper who tries to invade your privacy.
- Lets you lock some, all, or recommended apps as per your wish.
- Prevents embarrassing pocket dial situations.
- The UI is pretty simple and friendly.
- It does not trouble the user with ads.
- Boasts parental control options.
- It is a freeware with no ads.
- Smart intruders can bypass the app lock if they try a bit harder.
- It may not work on a few device models.
3. AppLocker|Lock Apps- Fingerprint, PIN, Pattern
The best photo, gallery, and video locker
Free version: Available
Compatibility: Android 4.1 and up
As it is evident from the name, this best gallery lock lets you secure the apps with fingerprint, pin, or password. Apart from this, here is what else it offers.
- Captures and shows you the selfie of the intruder who tried to access the apps when you were away
- Does not let anyone uninstall the apps without your permission
- Locks and hides the content of recently used apps.
- Puts a lock on the system settings to prevent unauthorized changes.
- It is a lightweight app.
- Boasts many colorful themes.
- The UI is simple to understand.
- It sometimes shows unnecessary popup notifications.
- Ads are too frequent any this may annoy the users.
4. KeepSafe App Lock
The best app lock for WhatsApp and other similar apps
Free version: Available
Compatibility: Android 5.1 and above
This is among the best app lockers for Android to safeguard gallery and other apps. It lets you be in charge of who can view your pictures and for how long. Below are its other prominent features that delight the users.
- Lets you sync your pictures and videos across devices via an encrypted private cloud
- Allows you to create the picture and video backups for effortless recovery when something unfortunate happens with your phone
- Captures intruder selfie and sends you a break-in alert
- It does not trouble you with annoying ads.
- Boasts a unique feature that lets you share pictures safely. The shared photos disappear 20 seconds after the recipient receives them.
- It allows you to store up to 10000 items in a private cloud.
- Compresses images and saves originals to the cloud.
- Retrieves the accidentally deleted pictures.
- Creates a fake KeepSafe with a separate PIN.
- KeepSafe does not show up in the recently used apps list.
- You need to pay to backup more than 5000 items.
- It may seem a bit confusing to new users.
5. Finger Security
The best fingerprint app lock for Android
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Compatibility: Android 4.3 and higher
This is the first app that introduced the fingerprint lock feature to the world of the best app lockers for Android. The app hosts an ocean of features to keep the apps shielded. Below are the striking ones out of them.
- Encompasses a cool widget to enable/disable the lock
- You can set an alternate password or pin for the times when the device fails to recognize your fingerprint
- Finger Security hides the notifications of locked apps
- Captures and shows you the intruder selfie
- No one, except you, can uninstall Finger Security from your phone.
- It automatically protects new apps.
- The app is easy to use.
- Offers limited features for free.
- It is ad-supported.
- Locks apps only with fingerprint & not in any other way such as a password.
6. AppLock – Fingerprint
The best app lock with fingerprint
Free version: Available
This entrant on our list is also the best app lock for Android. It uses a password, pin, and fingerprint to protect the apps. Moreover, this offering from SpSoft has a multitude of remarkable features. We discuss the central ones out of them below.
- You can lock each app with a different password, this enhances the security level
- Allows you to lock even the phone settings such as wifi, Bluetooth, etc. to prevent their misuse
- Emails you the picture of the intruder so that you can catch hold of him
- It hides the locked app’s notifications.
- Displays fake error window to keep the app locker a secret.
- Prevents screen turn offs that occur when you use certain apps.
- With this app, you can even lock incoming calls.
- Supports over 31 languages.
- Lets you reset a lost password.
- Fixes automatic screen rotation that happens when you use certain apps.
- The instructions to use the app are not clear.
- Upgrading to the premium version is a tricky process.
- It is available only for higher Android versions.
The best data, app, and folder lock app
Compatibility: Android 4.0 and higher
This best app lock for Android is a one-stop destination for all your privacy protection needs. It provides several functionalities to keep apps and data secure. Below are some of these unique offerings of LocKit.
- Beautifies your lock screen with mesmerizing themes
- Lets you add a notification bar to quickly enable/disable the lock
- No one, except you, can uninstall this best app lock app
- It allows you to add an extra security layer by locking settings, Play Store, and incoming calls.
- Shows a fake cover to keep the app unlock screen hidden.
- It blocks and deletes junk notifications.
- Encompasses a user-friendly UI.
- It does not hog up the phone’s battery.
- The ads can sometimes become annoying.
8. AppLock- Fingerprint & Password, Gallery Locker
An all-round privacy protector for Android
Compatibility: Android 5.0 and up
Here’s another best app lock for Android to leave the intruders baffled. It lets you lock apps with a pin so that no one can access them. Let’s talk about a few unique features of this application.
- Monitors and protects the newly installed apps in real-time.
- Clicks a picture of the intruder so that you can catch the person who wanted to invade your privacy.
- Hides the notification preview to keep your privacy secured.
- Gathers chat notifications at a single place so that you can read and manage them with ease.
- Cleans spam push notifications in a single click.
- Makes sure that no one can uninstall the app from your phone.
- Allows you to set a lock time to activate the lock at a particular time.
- GUI is easy to use and user friendly.
- Boasts exciting live themes.
- With this app, you can even lock WiFi, 3G, 4G, and Bluetooth.
- Displays too many ads.
- Crashes a bit sometimes.
9. Apex Launcher- Customize, Secure, and Efficient
The most customizable & best app lock app
Compatibility: Android 4.4 and up
As the name says, this is a customizable, secure, efficient, and one of the best app locks for Android. It lets you prevent intruders from accessing your apps or playing with the phone’s settings. Here are the features that make this a unique app locker.
- Lets you secure all apps, calls, and contacts with a PIN or password.
- Allows you to customize your app lock mode and lock time.
- It has a scrollable dock with five pages and up to ten items per page.
- Boasts fancy transition effects.
- With this app, you can hide elements such as status bar, dock, etc.
- It lets you customize the folder preview styles and background.
- Allows you to manage the frequently used items with ease.
- Hosts a lot of customization options.
- It is a beginner-friendly app.
- Consumes more phone resources.
- Ads can sometimes be frustrating.
10. AppLock- Lock Apps & Privacy Guard
Among the best app lockers for photos, gallery, and videos
Compatibility: Android 4.3 and up
Here is another best app lock for Android that offers a plethora of features such as locking system settings, transferring pictures and videos to a safe vault, and more. Let’s discuss some of them.
- Hosts multiple ways to lock apps such as a pin, fingerprint, disguise cover, crash message, and face tracking
- Lets you hide private pictures, videos, and app notifications
- Prevents unauthorized uninstallation of apps
- Captures a picture of intruders trying to access locked apps.
- Locks phone’s settings to prevent any unwanted changes.
- Transfers photos and videos to a safe vault.
- It is a lightweight and powerful app.
- A bit cluttered UI.
- Troubles with ads.
The list of the Best App Lockers for Android has Ended!
These were the best app lockers for Android available currently. Hopefully, with the best app lock for Android at your disposal, you no longer worry when someone accesses your phone. Apart from these apps, if you are specifically looking for an app that can hide social media apps such as WhatsApp, then you may also try theWhatsApp chat lockers. Lastly, before you leave, do not forget to subscribe to and bookmark Innovana Blogs for more such exciting information.