If you want to convert an audio file from one format to another quickly and easily, then read on to find the best audio file converter to get your music files converted in no time, without the loss of quality.
There is a wide spectrum of audio formats available in the digital world, ranging from the well-known MP3 to the less popular DSD format. Not all computers support every sound format. For instance, your PC may play MP4 files perfectly, but it may not play the FLAC files so well. Whereas, it may be the opposite for your friend’s computer. And this format compatibility problem is a serious issue for audiophiles. If you are also facing a similar issue, then you need the best free audio converter for Windows 10.
The best audio converter changes one file format to another to make it possible for the computer to play the music file. There are plenty of such programs available in the marketplace. But not all of them are really useable. Many of the free converters downgrade the audio quality while converting the file to the other format.
Thus, after diving through the ocean of free to download audio converters, we handpicked the best ones for our readers. Without further ado, let’s take a tour of them through the next section.
Best Free Audio Converter for Windows 10 in 2021
Below are our top picks for the best free audio file converters you can download on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Movavi Audio Converter
Input Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, APE, AU, SND, F4A, FLAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MKA, MP3, OGG, Opus, WAV, WMA, MP+, MP1, MP2, MPC, MPEG-3, etc.
Output Formats: AAC, AIFF, AU, F4A, FLAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MKA, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
As you can see, Movavi supports a variety of formats for both input and output. You can convert almost every format with this software. Hence, it bagged a spot on our list of the best free audio converters for Windows 10. In addition to supporting a wide range of audio formats, it offers many useful features, such as the availability of already programmed conversion and optimization profiles, an option to compress the audio files, and more. Let’s go through all its features.
Features of Movavi Audio Converter
- It lets you shrink the size of an audio file to get more disk space.
- You can drag and drop the files to the conversion pane to convert them easily.
- With Movavi Audio Converter, you can convert the files in bulk.
- It supports more than 180 file formats.
- The full version of this software allows you to perform tasks such as trimming the clip and more.
- It allows you to save audio streams of videos.
Also Read: Best Music Players For Windows 10
2. EaseUS Video Editor
Input Formats: WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WMA, AU, AIFF, OGG, and more
Output Formats: MP3 and AAC
EaseUS Video Editor is another option you have when it comes to converting the audio file format. It does not support many output formats, still, we made it a part of our post sharing the best audio converters for Windows as it lets you do a lot more than converting audio files. With this software, you can create stunning videos and convert the videos to audio effortlessly. Moreover, below are the other features that make it one of the best audio converters for Windows PC.
Features of EaseUS Video Editor
- You can drag and drop files to the software for conversion.
- It allows you to extract audio from a video clip and export it to MP3 and AAC formats.
- In addition to converting video, i.e., MP4 to audio, i.e., MP3, it also allows you to edit your videos.
- It boasts a friendly and easy-to-use interface.
Read More : Best Free Music Notation Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
3. Freemake Audio Converter
Input Formats: AAC, AMR, AC3, FLAC, M4A, M4R, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
Output Formats: AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
The Free Audio Converter from Freemake is another option you have to convert audio from one format to another. Its advanced features like conversion to lossless audio, cloud support, induced us to talk about it in our post, mentioning the best audio file converters for Windows 10. Below we share its features in a bit more detail.
Features of Freemake Audio Converter
- It lets you upload music to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and automatically adds it to the iTunes library.
- With this freeware, you can convert files to lossless files and codecs like MP2, AAC, OGG, APE, WMA, and FLAC.
- It allows you to convert multiple audio files to the same format in bulk.
- There is an option to merge audio files of the same or different formats.
- It comes with an option to transfer the audio files to the cloud platforms, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- This software lets you adjust bitrate, channels, and sample rates as per your requirements.
4. Pazera Free Audio Extractor
Input Formats: AVI, AAC, AC3, APE, AMV, ASF, DIVX, FLV, MPG, MPEG, MPE, MKV, MOV, M2TS, MP4, M4V, MXF, MKA, OGG, VOB, RMVB, SWF, WEBM, WMV, 3GP, 3GPP, 3G2, 3GP2, 3GA, etc.
Output Formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, E-AC3, Ogg-Opus, Ogg-Vorbis, WMA, FLAC, M4A-AAC, M4A-ALAC, WV (WavPack), MKA-Opus, CAF-Opus, AIFF, WAV
Next, we have Pazera Free Audio Extractor for you to convert the audio files. It caters to the needs of both amateur and professional users. You can use its predefined settings if you are not familiar with the audio conversion. Whereas, if you are an advanced user, then you can even change the sampling settings, bitrate, and other parameters. Let’s have a detailed overview of all its features.
Features of Pazera Free Audio Extractor
- You can extract audio tracks from video files.
- It allows you to do the chapter-based splitting of output files stored in the source files.
- There is support for all LAME encoder presets for conversion to MP3.
- It lets you copy metadata from source files.
- With this software, you can view detailed technical information about the source files through the file properties window.
- It boasts a lot of predefined conversion profiles and also allows you to create custom profiles.
- You can add files to the file list by using the Drag and Drop option.
- It is a portable program, and you can run it through devices like pen drives.
- This software lets you save encoder commands to the BAT file.
5. Free Audio Converter
Input Formats: AAC, AC3, AIFF, APE, FLAC, M4A, M4B, MKA, MP3, OGG, RA, TTA, WAV, WMA
Output Formats: MP3, M4A, FLAC, ALAC, AMR, WAV, WMA
This software is as straightforward as its name. It lets you convert audio from all popular formats effortlessly. The best thing about this software is that even a bit of quality is not lost while making MP3 conversions. Apart from this, below are more reasons for including it in our blog-post, sharing the top free audio file converters for Windows 10.
Features of Free Audio Converter
- It takes the help of alternative MP3 LAME Encoder presets, i.e., INSANE and EXTREME to superior quality conversions in MP3 formats.
- There are a profile kit and preset editor with each format.
- With this software, you can create, edit, and delete presets.
- It lets you change the audio converter settings and parameters.
- Free Audio Converter supports both single and batch conversion modes.
It’s all for now folks!
This article shared some of the best free audio converters for Windows 10 currently available in the town. You can go through the features of each of them and then pick the perfect one for your needs. And if you have anything to share, i.e., any comments or suggestions about this post, then use the comment box.