A healthy diet is the most essential component of fitness. According to various fitness experts – fitness is 20% exercise and 80% nutrition. Hence it becomes necessary to keep a regular check on your calorie intake. And as we all are not experts we require the best calorie counter app to keep an eye on what we are eating.
As the former Mr. Olympia Ronnie Dean Coleman states that “It doesn’t matter how hard you work at the gym if you don’t control what’s on your plate!” the necessity for some of the best calorie tracker apps increases even more for all the fitness enthusiasts.
Don’t worry these apps are not going to charge you a hefty amount like your fitness trainers do these are just some best free calorie counter apps that can help you in having a healthy diet. So without wasting any time let’s have a look at the list of these best calorie calculator apps.
Also Read: Best Zumba Apps to Shape up Your Body
12 Best Calorie Counter Apps to Reduce your Body Fat in 2021
Here is the list of some of the best calorie tracker apps that we have brought for you.
MyFitnessPal is one of the most famous calorie counter apps in the world. Jaclyn London a famous fitness author claims MyFitnessPal “the queen of all fitness and diet trackers” as the app offers various amazing features such as digital nutritional diary, restaurant menus, calorie counter, barcode scanner, etc.
- MyFitnessPal has a great food database with over 11 million+ food items and dishes.
- The app allows you to select your fitness goals such as weight loss or weight gain.
- This calorie tracker app also offers a barcode scanner that helps you to know the nutritional information of the packed food by just scanning the barcode available on the pack.
- MyFitnessPal has a community of lots of fitness enthusiasts across the globe and allows you to connect with them and share your experiences.
- You can connect it with your fitness tracking app to get your fitness record and plan your diet accordingly.
- You can import your recipes and their nutritional information in MyFitnessPal.
- It also allows you to customize your meal plan rather than just providing its meal plan to you.
- MyFitnessPal provides quick or we can say instant feedback to its users.
- The app is not completely free and you cannot access the premium features for free, which eliminates MyFitnessPal from being a free calorie tracker app.
- MyFitnessPal doesn’t work without an internet connection, and it is not possible to have a good internet connection every time while having a meal.
2. Lose It!
Lose It! As the name suggests this one of the best calorie counter apps helps you to lose weight by keeping a regular check on your calorie intake. This calorie counter app comes with some other exciting features also.
- Lose It! offers a food diary consisting of various food items, dishes, and recipes.
- This one of the best calorie trackers presents your record through graphs, which makes it easier to understand and analyze.
- It can be synced with various other fitness tracking apps and devices such as Google Fit, Garmin trackers, etc.
- The most accurate calorie counter also provides some additional features such as creating wellness challenges and private support groups in its paid version.
- The calorie counter app for android and iOS also enables you to get the nutritional values of your food by just clicking its picture.
- Lose It! can be considered as a free macro counting app, as it helps you to keep track of the macronutrients of your food such as carbs and protein.
- The best thing about this one of the best calorie counters is that it provides personalized diet plans as per your age, height, weight, and goal.
- Just like other major good calorie counting apps Lose It! also avoids micronutrients.
- Lose It! only focus on weight loss and don’t provide enough features for the ones who are looking to gain weight.
Also Read: Best Running Apps to Build Your Stamina
FatSecret can be considered as the best free calorie counter app, as it provides so many features for free. The app is completely free and can help you to keep track of your meals, exercise, and weight. Here are some features of this free calorie calculator app along with its pros and cons.
- FatSecret has its community to support you in losing weight.
- The free calorie counter app can be integrated with many fitness tracking apps and wearables.
- Along with food diary, FatSecret also offers an exercise diary to record your calories burned.
- FatSecret can be integrated with your Facebook and Google accounts or we can say you can simply log in with your Facebook and Google accounts.
- The best thing about this calorie app is that it is completely free.
- FatSecret allows you to have a glimpse of the nutrients of your food by simply clicking their pictures.
- It also provides a reminder for the meals.
- The major drawback of FatSecret is that it’s been made specifically for Australian food and brands hence, it cannot be a good choice for food of other regions.
Cron-o-meter is a good calorie counting app if you are looking for some attractive user interface. The app allows you to manage your food diary. It helps you to keep a check on the calories consumed, calories burned, and calories gained.
- Cron-o-meter offers an attractive and simple user interface.
- This one of the best calorie tracker apps can be personalized as per the diet you are following.
- Cron-o-meter allows you to add customized recipes.
- The app provides a barcode scanner to scan the packed food to know about its nutritional components.
- Cron-o-meter allows you to follow your personalized diet and suggests you about your meals according to that.
- The app also emphasizes on micronutrients.
- It is one of the most accurate calorie tracker apps as it considers micronutrients as well.
- It is not for the ones who are looking for a basic calorie tracker app.
- You have to upload your customized recipe over the website as the app doesn’t have this feature.
5. SparkPeople Calorie Tracker
SparkPeople Calorie Tracker is a resourceful app that contains a lot of information and features for its users. It can also be considered as one of the best apps of community and motivation. If you are feeling demotivated about your fitness then SparkPeople can be the best calorie counter app that you’ll ever come across.
- As we stated earlier that it is best for community and motivation hence, it has the biggest food database as compared to other names on the list.
- SparkPeople Calorie Tracker allows you to track your weight daily.
- The app provides exercise demos and helps you to prevent injury.
- This calorie tracker app provides everything that is required in any calorie tracker such as a huge food database, meal planner, barcode scanner, exercise diary, etc.
- SparkPeople allows you to access communities of fitness and diet experts and helps you to stay motivated.
- It also provides informative articles about health, fitness, diet, etc. to its users.
- New users may find SparkPeople Calorie Tracker too much informative.
Fitbit is a popular name when it comes to tracking your fitness. Although the app also serves as a calorie tracker. It is the best calorie tracker app for those who want to track their exercise and calorie intake altogether. Here are some features, pros, and cons that the app possesses.
- This calorie tracker app allows users to enter the food details manually or through scanning the barcode.
- Fitbit has a large database of various foods.
- The app also allows users to check their meal history.
- Fitbit shows the daily analysis of your calorie intake and fitness activities performed, hence, it becomes easier to check the overall effect of your diet on your health.
- Along with calories consumed, it also tracks your fitness.
- Fitbit is not for those who are looking for the best calorie counter as it is designed to be a fitness tracker rather than being a calorie counter.
7. Nutritionix Track
Nutritionix Track is considered as one of the best calorie counter apps because it is developed by a team of registered dieticians. The app is quite straight forward when it comes to tracking your daily calorie intake and nutrition. The app can be considered as the most accurate calorie tracker because of the authenticity of its creators.
- Nutritionix Track can combine the calorie amount of different food items such as packaged food, everyday food items, etc. which provides efficient tracking to the people who eat mixed foods.
- The app allows exporting your tracked data.
- It can be synced with Fitbit as well.
- The calorie tracker app allows you to access thousands of recipes created by some expert dieticians.
- Nutritionix Track has the menus of around 760+ US restaurant chains in its huge database.
- It also has a record of around 95% of grocery items in Canada and the USA.
- The app also covers most of the macronutrients.
- All the entries, recipes, and data are verified by the experts.
- Nutritionix Track doesn’t show an average of nutrients required or taken.
HealthifyMe is the best choice if you are looking for a calorie counter, food tracker, nutrition tracker, and overall health tracker. The calorie tracker app offers so many features that it can be easily considered as the best calorie tracker app.
- HealthifyMe provides a feature of macronutrient mapping.
- The calorie tracker app allows you to connect with nutritionists and fitness experts.
- It also allows you to keep a check on the nutritional value and calories of your food just by taking its snap.
- The calorie counter app provides a personalized diet plan for each individual depending upon his/her requirements.
- It also provides informational and motivational daily content in the feeds.
- The app is tailored for Indian cuisines and hence limited data of other cuisines.
Rise is not a basic calorie counter app. It matches you with a professional dietician and then he/she consults you with your diet, fitness, and exercise. Here are some features, pros, and cons of this unique app.
- Rise allows you to get assistance from registered dieticians.
- It allows you to share the snap of your food to the dieticians and then they provide nutritional information about it and also advise you about the same.
- Through this unique app, you can get real-time assistance from the expert dieticians.
- Rise can help you to build healthy eating habits.
- The app is not free at all, you are required to purchase a membership to experience the features.
- Rise is only available for iOS.
- It cannot be considered as a calorie tracker app at all.
Here comes the app that can be considered as best in overall features. Along with counting your calories Lifesum also teaches you about healthy eating. One of the best calorie trackers also provides various diet plans to its users. Let’s have a look at the features, pros, and cons of this calorie calculator.
- Lifesum provides various diet plans such as keto, fasting, paleo, etc.
- It offers a calorie counter with a barcode scanner to easily log the packaged food.
- The app provides a macro calculator to calculate and track the macronutrients in your diet.
- Lifesum can be synched with major fitness apps including Runkeeper, FitBit, etc.
- It helps in keeping track of the overall health with its health tracker.
- The app helps in building healthy eating habits through its food planner.
- Lifesum provides only some basic features in its free plan hence, it cannot be considered as the best free calorie counter app.
It is the most intelligently designed calorie tracker app. MyNetDiary is the best calorie tracker app if you are looking for diet support. You can focus on the particular macronutrient in any of your diets through MyNetDiary. Here are some features, pros, and cons that MyNetDiary can offer to its users.
- You can set your weight goal in this calorie calculator app.
- MyNetDiary also allows you to set a target date for your weight loss.
- The app allows you to log daily food and exercise.
- It can be connected to various fitness wearable devices such as Apple Watch, Google Fit, Garmin, etc.
- Through MyNetDiary you can focus on any of your particular diets such as keto, low-carb, etc.
- It provides a calculated plan for the calories to be consumed or burned as per your target date, goal, and your current weight.
- This best calorie calculator app provides a Weight forecast so that you can track your progress.
- It also provides reminders for sleep, meals, and exercise.
- MyNetDiary is not compatible with iPhone operating systems less than iOS 10.
- Most of the advanced features are only available in paid version hence, it cannot be considered as the best free calorie counter app.
12. Carb Manager
At last, we have Carb Manager on our list. Carb Manager is the best calorie counter app for a keto diet. If you are following a keto diet and tracking your calories then you should try this app. Along with being a keto diet tracker, the app also possesses some other exciting features.
- Keto Manager provides three different calculators such as a keto calculator, macronutrient calculator, and a calorie counter.
- The app also provides a food diary and water tracker to help you being hydrated.
- This calorie tracker app also has a weight tracker to keep a check on your weight.
- It has an image recognition AI so you are just required to take a picture of your food and Keto Manager will automatically log it.
- The app also helps you to track and have enough sleep with its sleep tracker feature.
- This one of the best calorie calculator app provides a detail report of nutrients of your meal.
- Keto Manager helps the users to track and follow their specific diet plan with its different calorie calculators for specific diets.
- The app provides most of the advanced features such as keto recipes, voice logging, meal planner, etc. in its paid premium version, hence it is not for those who are looking for the best free calorie counter and tracker app.
Best Calorie Counter Apps for Weight Management
So these were some of the best calorie counter apps for all the fitness enthusiasts. As diet is the most essential component of one’s fitness, hence these calorie-tracking apps can help you a lot in eating and staying healthy. Each of the above-mentioned calorie calculator apps has its unique specifications. It depends upon your requirements which one is most adequate for you. So select wisely after checking all the features and enjoy the benefits of some of the best calorie calculators.