Device Doctor is a good software but certainly not the best. Therefore, read on to find the best alternatives to Device Doctor that you can use to boost the PC performance.
Outdated drivers can have severe impacts on a computer’s health. They have enough potential to make your PC go slow and buggy from jet fast in no time. Therefore, you must update the drivers timely. Since manually updating the drivers needs time and technical knowledge, people entrust the task to automatic software. You also wanted to do the same, and while searching for the software that can help you update the drivers, you came across Device Doctor, right? Well, no doubt, it is an excellent program, but what if we introduce you to the best Device Doctor alternatives that are a whole lot better than it?
The alternatives to Device Doctor that we are going to share in this post let you improve PC performance quite effortlessly. Are you are still wondering what is the need for programs that you can use in place of Device Doctor? If yes, then take a look at the below cons of this software.
Intolerable cons of Device Doctor
- Slow scan speed.
- Scan results have no details.
- No advanced features in the free version.
- The free version does not let you scan for all the drivers.
- Device Doctor finds fewer outdated drivers than other apps similar to it.
- You need to unzip and install the drivers manually.
We found the above shortcomings unbearable. Hence, we have handpicked the programs that are not only like Device Doctor but even better than it. The next section of this article shares them.
Best Device Doctor Alternatives for Windows 10/8/7 and Older Versions in 2021
Below are the best alternatives to Device Doctor that help you update the drivers and elevate the PC’s performance effortlessly.
1. Bit Driver Updater
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, & 7
Free Version: Available
Bit Driver Updater is perhaps the most aptly named program on this list of the best Device Doctor alternatives as it scans every bit of your PC. It leaves no corner of the computer unscanned. Hence, no outdated driver can escape from this software. Apart from a thorough PC scan, it also offers many useful features, such as a one-click driver fix and more. Let’s discuss all of its features.
Praiseworthy features of Bit Driver Updater
- It shows the complete details about the suggested driver updates, such as version number, date of release, and publisher’s name.
- With this driver update utility, you can create a backup of all the drivers before performing an update.
- If things do not go as planned after the update, then you can restore the driver backups effortlessly.
- It allows you to schedule the driver scan and automate it.
- In case you do not feel the need to update any driver, then you can move it to the Ignore list.
- It downloads only reliable driver updates from authentic sources.
- Bit Driver Updater makes considerable improvements in the PC performance.
- It lets you create a system restore point before going ahead with the driver update.
2. Driver Easy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, & 7
Free Version: Only free trial available
Driver Easy outshines almost all the other alternatives to Device Doctor due to its enormous database. Its database consists of over eight million drivers. And that’s quite a huge number. In addition to such a gigantic driver database, it also provides a plethora of attractive features. Here, we share the same.
Commendable features of Driver Easy
- There is a driver search feature so that you can find all the needed drivers with ease.
- It allows you to create and restore driver backups.
- Driver Easy lets you download and install the drivers from within the program itself.
- You can export it to a TXT file.
- It shows you the whole information about your PC, such as the OS it is running, installed graphics card, and more.
- With this software, you can uninstall the drivers for a component that is no longer present.
- You can hide a driver update if you do not want to download and install it.
- There is support for offline scan scheduling.
3. Driver Booster
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, & XP
Free Version: Available
Unlike many other software programs like Device Doctor, Driver Booster supports the older Windows versions. And we believe that it’s a huge plus. Moreover, it also boasts some unique features, such as prioritization that allows you to give priority to the drivers crucial for the error-free PC performance. Below are more of its features.
Remarkable features of Driver Booster
- It allows you to create a restore point before performing an update.
- With this software, you can compare the installed drivers with the available updates.
- There are some useful optimization options such as junk file remover, registry cleaner, and system issues checking.
- It hosts a game booster to give you an incredible gaming experience.
- With its disk defragmenter, you can make the system boot faster.
- There is a silent mode to silence the software notifications.
- You can ignore the unwanted driver updates.
- In addition to repairing the drivers, it also repairs the game components, such as C++ redistributables, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, etc.
- Like almost every other software on this list, there is a driver backup and restore option.
- You can download drivers offline if there is no internet connection.
Also Know: Best Driver Booster Alternatives Free
4. Driver Genius
Compatibility: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, & 10
Free Version: Available
Driver Genius gets a position on this post sharing the best Device Doctor alternatives for its uncluttered and friendly interface. All its tools are easy to access as it places them neatly on the home screen. Apart from this, it also boasts some highly-useful options such as an SSD speeder, driver uninstaller, and more. Let’s talk about all of its features.
Noteworthy features of Driver Genius
- It lets you rollback to the previous driver version in case you are unhappy with the driver update.
- There are options to create driver backup and system restore points before updating the drivers.
- It boasts a device diagnostic tool to find and fix problems with your computer.
- You can uninstall the drivers that are not required on the PC.
- Driver Genius has a hardware temperature alarm to keep hardware overheating issues at bay.
- You can elevate the SSD performance with its SSD speeder.
- There are system boosting and cleaning tools to get rid of junk files and boost PC performance.
5. Driver Talent
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and Windows Server
Free Version: Available
If you are looking for a free Device Doctor alternative that supports all Windows versions, then Driver Talent is one of the best choices. In addition to supporting all OS versions, it also offers many delightful features, such as offline driver installation, driver uninstaller, and more. Let’s take a quick look at all its features.
Laudable features of Driver Talent
- It is a portable software that you can use via a flash drive.
- There is an option to create driver backups and restore them.
- You can uninstall the unnecessary drivers from your computer.
- It lets you save the drivers so that you can use them whenever any unexpected system change occurs.
- Driver Talent also allows you to reinstall the drivers if they are not installed correctly.
- With this software, you can repair and fix the driver problems with a single click.
6. Snappy Driver Installer
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & 2000
In case you do not want to use a freemium or paid software, Snappy Driver Installer is among the best free Device Doctor alternatives available currently. It boasts some of the most astounding features, such as finding and opening driver INF files, detecting duplicate drivers, and more. Below share all the features that it provides.
Astonishing features of Snappy Driver Installer
- You can customize the software by choosing any available themes or making your own theme.
- It is a portable program that you can carry in a USB flash drive.
- With this software, you can view the entire driver information, such as its version number and release date.
- It also shows the complete information about the hardware, such as the manufacturer’s name and hardware ID.
- There is an option to find and open driver INF files.
- It is open-source software that allows you to review the source code and submit patches.
- There is an expert mode with options that allow you to view the missing drivers, see the new driver versions, view only the presently installed or older drivers.
- It lets you create a restore point before you go ahead with the driver update.
- This software downloads drivers in packs, i.e., groups for different hardware components, such as graphics cards, audio, and more.
- With this software, you can detect duplicate and invalid drivers existing on the computer.
- It lets you download the drivers offline if there is no internet connection.
7. DriverPack Solution
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP
Here comes another program that can be called one of the best software like Device Doctor. It packs some of the most useful features, such as driver restore, temporary file deletion, and more in a neat interface. Below is a detailed overview of all its features.
Outstanding features of DriverPack Solution
- It is a portable alternative to Device Doctor that you can use through a flash drive.
- With this software, you can create a restore point to restore the computer to the state before updating the drivers.
- It lets you view all the drivers present on your computer, including the ones not needing an update.
- You can see the version of the suggested driver update so that you can ensure that it is the most up-to-date driver.
- It downloads drivers as a set, i.e., groups of different computer peripherals.
- With DriverPack Solution, you can delete the temporary files after using the required data.
- There is a notifier that keeps a check on the performance of your computer and informs you about any issues that affect it.
- It works even if you are not connected to the internet.
That’s all peeps!
Above, were our top picks when it comes to choosing the best Device Doctor alternatives. You can use any of them depending on your needs. And if you think there is software that deserves to be a part of this list, then notify us about the same through the comments section.