Read on to know the best alternatives to Driver Booster in the marketplace
Driver Booster by IObit is no doubt a great software to update Windows drivers. With this software, you can easily scan for outdated, missing, or faulty drivers and update them. But, it’s losing its grip on the market as it allegedly sells your information to third parties. Hence, users need Driver Booster alternatives to update drivers without compromising their privacy.
These alternatives to Driver Booster not only update the device drivers but also elevates its performance as a whole. Apart from this, they contain a host of advanced features that make them even better than Driver Booster itself.
However, there is an ocean of apps like IOBit Driver Booster in the market and all of them claim to be the best. Therefore, we tested and curated the real gems out of them exclusively for our readers. The next segment focuses on the same.
In case you do not want to go through all the programs listed in the next section and only want to know about the best one, then we share the same first.
Our Favorite and the Best Driver Booster alternative
All the programs that we talk about in this post are one of a kind. But, if you want to know which is our favorite one, then it is Bit Driver Updater. This software lets you update drivers automatically in just one click. Furthermore, it downloads only WHQL certified drivers, makes the computer’s performance smooth, error-free, and faster like the time when it was a newly purchased PC. You can get this utility from the link given below.
The Truly Best Driver Booster Alternatives in 2021
As said earlier, not every free driver update software for Windows is the best alternative to Driver Booster. Therefore, here we enlist some of the apps like IOBit Driver Booster that are not merely a substitute for IOBit’s software but even better than that.
1. Quick Driver Updater
We kickstart our list with the best driver updater currently available in the town. With this utility to update drivers, you can upgrade all the outdated, broken, or missing device drivers and resolve the hardware issues. With this tool, you get the ultimate gaming pleasure on your device as it makes all the games and videos run perfectly without any frame drop or other errors.
Moreover, Quick Driver Updater also speeds up and optimizes the performance of your PC with features such as one-click updates, scheduled driver scans, driver exclusion, backup/restore, etc. Further, you get this fantastic Driver Booster alternative for free as well as in paid form.
- It lets you update drivers with one click of the mouse.
- The driver scans are schedulable as per your convenience.
- It allows you to exclude a driver from the scan.
- With this software, you can create a driver backup and restore it.
- Boasts performance booster to elevate the gaming abilities of your computer.
- WHQL certified driver downloads
- Performs thorough PC scan
- Fast scan speed
- Resolves PC errors
- Boasts a friendly UI
- Not available for older Windows versions
2. Driver Genius
This one of the best free alternatives to IOBit Driver Booster for Windows intelligently scans your system for outdated drivers. In addition to this, it also updates them automatically without you making any cumbersome efforts.
Furthermore, it boasts of some premium features such as backup and restores. However, its user-interface might seem confusing to newbies.
- There are a lot of optimization options for PC’s smooth performance.
- It allows you to create driver backups.
- Its system restore point lets you undo the changes at a later time.
- With its diagnostic tool, hardware and software issues can be fixed with ease.
- Availability of driver uninstaller
- Easy to use
- Effortless driver backup and restore
- Downloads drivers from safe sources
- Fails to detect all the drivers
- Unavailability of the offline driver downloading
- A bit slow in scanning the computer
Get the complete review of driver genius Visit Here
3. Driver Easy
This is again among those best Driver Booster alternatives that let you update all the outdated drivers with just a click. It has some of the most premium and high-end features.
Some of the striking functionalities of this fantastic alternative to Driver Booster includes search, backup and restore, and the freedom to schedule driver scans. In addition to this, it also boasts of having a huge driver database and lets you run driver scans even without the internet.
- There is a search option to find all the required drivers.
- It lets you backup and restore the drivers.
- Driver Easy is among those rare Driver Booster alternatives that let you uninstall the unneeded drivers.
- You can export this program to a TXT file.
- It shows you the entire details of every component that exists on your PC.
- Its scan scheduler lets you schedule the scan according to your comfort.
- Runs scans in idle time
- Supports within the software driver downloads
- Low resource consumption
- Gigantic driver database
- It is possible to hide the driver updates
- Slow driver download speed
- Bulk driver download is not supported
- The free version lacks many features
- It does not download drivers automatically
Get the complete review of the Driver Easy, visit Here
4. Ashampoo Driver Updater
Our next choice for the best Driver booster alternatives is Ashampoo Driver Updater. It is also one of the renowned software to update drivers with a host of incredible features. Some of its features that fascinated us include driver backup and restore, availability of an option to keep the drivers out of the scan, and color-coded icons that indicate the driver status.
However, it falls only a hair short of our favorite software, i.e., Quick Driver Updater, because of its high price and not so efficient support.
- Before updating the drivers, you can create a backup and restore the same later.
- If you do not want to update the driver for any peripheral, you can add it to the exclusion list.
- Like almost every other alternative to Driver Booster, it also has a scan scheduler.
- It color-codes the drivers on the basis of status.
- Straightforward and friendly UI
- Massive driver database
- Fast scans
- Boosts the PC performance
- Only a single license needed for three PCs
- Easy driver exclusion, backup, and restore
- Relatively high priced
- Advanced features are not free
- Support is not so responsive
Get the complete Review of the ashampoo driver updater, visit here
5. Driver Talent
This free Driver Booster alternative comes with the most straightforward and easy to use interface. The best part is, you do not even need to download this alternative to Driver Booster on your system as it works with just a flash drive.
Apart from this, it lets you download multiple drivers for different systems simultaneously. Moreover, it also has other attractive features such as numerous themes, multiple language support, and offline driver downloads.
- It offers numerous themes, multiple language options, for a better user experience.
- Lets you manage your drivers without even installing this program in your system.
- You only need the help of Flash drives to update the drivers.
- It allows you to download and save drivers on your PC so that you can easily get the required drivers in case of system change.
- Hosts an uninstaller for the unneeded drivers.
- With this best driver updater, you can install the network and all other drivers without an internet connection.
- Multiple drivers downloading on different devices
- It works without an internet connection
- No advertisements
- Fast download speed
- Unlimited driver installation
- Automatic driver backups
- No bulk driver downloading
- Manual driver installation
- Frequent pop-ups to get the pro version
- No alteration in the PC scan schedule allowed
Get the complete Review of the driver talent, Visit Here
6. Snappy Driver Installer
As the name suggests, this one of the best apps like IOBit Driver Booster snappily scans your system for outdated, missing, or faulty drivers and helps you update them with just a click.
Further, this open-source freeware has tools to accurately analyze drivers, and create a system restore point for the time when things go wrong. Moreover, it also has high compatibility with all Windows versions and multilingual support.
- There is an expert mode with advanced tools to download, install, and update drivers.
- It is a portable software that can be used through a USB flash drive.
- You can view the entire details about the hardware and drivers.
- It has a lot of exciting themes that you can use to customize the software.
- With this software, you can find and open INF files.
- It informs you about the invalid and duplicate drivers present on your computer.
- This software downloads drivers in the form of a pack, i.e., a group of drivers for different peripherals.
- You can create a restore point before updating the drivers.
- Supports offline driver downloads
- Bulk driver download is supported
- It is completely ad-free
- No scan scheduling allowed
- A bit confusing UI
Get the complete review of the Snappy Driver Installer
7. Avast Driver Updater
The next entrant on our list of the best Driver Booster alternatives is Avast Driver Updater. It is also highly easy to use software with a bunch of useful features. Some of its strengths include compatibility with all Windows versions, an option to export the list of outdated drivers to a TXT file, and checking for the outdated game components.
However, it may disappoint the users who want to download the drivers without an internet connection.
- Its scaled installation process minimizes the hardware problems.
- With the restore option, you can reverse the changes made to your computer.
- It keeps on checking the computer for outdated drivers in the background.
- Avast Driver Updater performs real-time scanning for graphic drivers.
- It shows the details about the source of drivers.
- Consumes fewer PC resources
- Clean and easy to use interface
- Fixes annoying computer problems
- It has an ocean of advanced features
- Creation of a restore point
- Installs other unnecessary programs
- Driver download and installation is semi-automatic
- No free version, the trial is available only for a few days
8. Device Doctor
This one of the best Driver Booster alternatives is the perfect utility to keep your device’s health in check. It effectively detects and updates all the outdated, missing, and corrupt drivers to speed up and optimize the PC’s performance.
Further, its user-interface is also one of the simplest interfaces we’ve ever seen. Moreover, it claims of having a huge driver database for over 13 million devices.
- It lets you create a system restore point to undo the changes if the need to do so arises after updating the drivers.
- The software is portable, hence you do not need to install it.
- With this software, you can schedule the driver scan.
- Within the program driver downloads
- Checks for outdated drivers when the PC is idle
- Portable and easy to use
- Only one driver download allowed in a day
- It does not show driver version no. and release date
- No automatic driver updates
- Displays ads
Know Any More Alternatives to IOBit Driver Booster
Another free and the best Driver Booster alternative that maximum users prefer is DriverMax. This truly automatic driver updater scans for driver updates and downloads them without requiring any effort from your end.
Further, it also has other useful features in store such as OS Migration tool, backup, and restore. In our view, it is one of the worth trying utilities to update Windows drivers without any hassles.
- It comes with the options to backup, restore, and roll back drivers.
- You can schedule the driver scans.
- DriverMax shows all the drivers that are there on your computer.
- It gives you an option to download and install only signed drivers.
- Identifies unknown hardware
- Supports within the program driver downloads
- It does not install any unnecessary software
- The driver installations are automated
- Limits the downloads to two per day
- No bulk download supported
- Occasionally, finds incorrect drivers
- No offline driver downloads supported
10. Drivers Clouds
It is also among the best free alternatives to IOBit Driver Booster for Windows. With this driver update utility, you can put all your worries to rest. This tool deeply analyzes your system’s configuration and then comes up with the appropriate and WHQL certified drivers.
Further, it also boasts some features such as configuration sharing, animated GIF signatures, tool to resolve BSOD crashes, offline detection, and keeping an eye on the GPU’s performance, etc.
- It also works as a portable software that can install drivers offline.
- DriverCloud provides complete information about every PC component, such as graphics cards and more.
- This software doubles up as a BSOD analyzer.
- It filters out the uncertified drivers.
- You can include or exclude the beta updates.
- Easy to use
- Shows the detailed driver information
- Manual driver download and installation
- No support for the bulk driver downloads
Here comes another lightweight, easy to use, and the best free Driver Booster alternative. It offers the most uncluttered user-interface with neatly labeled icons.
Further, it has many essential features to optimize the performance of your PC. Moreover, it gives the PC’s speed an instant boost by quickly scanning and updating all the outdated drivers.
- It lets you create driver backups before updating them.
- With this software, you can uninstall the drivers that you think are unneeded.
- It lets you schedule the scans according to the timings that suit you the best.
- Blazingly fast scan speed
- A huge database of drivers
- User-friendly interface
- Downloads take a bit longer to complete
- Shows a lot of pop-up ads and banners
12. Driver Identifier
If you need to update drivers without the internet, then this is among the best Driver Booster alternatives that you may use. It scans your system for outdated or corrupt drivers and notifies you about them snappily.
Further, it has a portable version that downloads drivers in HTML format so that you can store them on a USB flash drive. It gives detailed information about the available driver updates. However, it does not support scheduled driver scans and automatic updates.
- It shows all the information about the drivers, such as the version number and date of release.
- With this software, you can download drivers even if there is no active internet connection.
- It is a portable software that needs no installation.
- It does not install other software during setup
- Easy to understand and use
- You need to visit a download page
- Registring with DriverIdentifier is compulsory
- No automatic checking for outdated drivers
The next product as the best free Driver Booster alternative is the VueScan app. If you are unable to find any specific driver for your Scanner on different platforms, you will find them on VueScan.
The software is compatible with almost all Windows editions. If you have an existing scanner already installed on your PC, you can still use the VueScan app effortlessly. Let’s have a look at the features of the best Driver Booster alternative for more information.
- The tool reverse engineers the old scanner drivers to provide you the best output.
- You can use the app to get the drivers of old scanners that are no longer supported.
- The tool looks for the latest updates on different sources and websites.
- You can use the VueScan tool to scan documents, photos, films, and slides with your scanner.
- The software provides optimal OCR reading services.
- VueScan is compatible with Flatbed, Document, and Film/Slide Scanners.
- The tool can work on multiple files in a batch
- Free to use
- Supports over 6500 scanners
- Regular updates
- Limited drivers
- May fail to provide drivers for very old scanners
- Tricky execution
14. Driver Reviver
As the name suggests, Driver Reviver allows you to revive the performance of your PC by updating the drivers. The software deeply scans the system for outdated drivers and provides updates from reliable sources.
You can backup and restore the existing drivers according to your requirements. The software also provides system information about your PC for insight. Here are some additional features of this free Driver Booster alternative.
- The software scans for different kinds of drivers like audio, video, chipset, network, etc.
- You can also secure the driver details like version number, etc.
- The tool is 100% safe and easy to use for all.
- The scan process and download speed of the app is quite fast, which helps in saving time.
- Driver Reviver’s interface is multilingual and supports languages like Dansk, Deutsch, English, Spanish, and more.
- Original drivers
- Best for individual PCs
- Cheaper price
- Single-click execution
- Can’t uninstall drivers
- May not find some drivers
- Single-use restriction
- Annoying notifications
15. Driver Support
Here is another best Driver Booster alternative named Driver Support. The software provides precise driver updates according to your system and device model. Driver Support also protects from system errors by keeping the drivers up to date.
The tool also provides some effective Windows System Optimization Services to keep the system up and running. Let’s dive into the features of this Driver Booster alternative and get informed.
- The software provides a System Clean Up Tool to clean up system storage.
- You can use the tool to optimize the performance of your PC.
- The real-time execution services of the app are what make it the best.
- You can set up the software on different devices as you want and anytime you want.
- Driver Support provides drivers for different devices like scanners, mice, keyboards, etc.
- The database of the driver updater is quite strong and forward.
- Over 25 million drivers
- Download with a single click
- Multi-brand support
- Manual execution
- Limited usability
16. Smart Driver Updater
The last name on our list of the best Driver Booster alternatives available for free is the Smart Driver Updater. If you want to save yourself from the problems posed by outdated drivers, this is the tool for you.
Just like any other similar software, Smart Driver Updater also scans the system deeply and provides the latest updates in real-time. Have a look at the features of this effective Driver Booster alternative for more information.
- You can scan the system for free to get details about outdated drivers.
- With its single-click execution, Smart Driver Updater helps in keeping PC health in check.
- The software finds perfect drivers according to your system properties.
- You can schedule the scan and update of drivers as and when you want.
- You will find motherboards, video cards, sound cards, network cards, or any other drivers on the tool.
- The software automatically updates the drivers when required.
- Compatible with old and new Windows
- Regular updates
- Tracks update history
- Ignore selective drivers
- Limited database of drivers
- Lack of additional features
- No performance-optimizing features
Top 16 Best Driver Booster Alternatives Free
Above were the best Driver Booster alternatives that not only update all the outdated drivers and give your PC a new lease of life but also keep your privacy intact. You can try any of them as they all are on par with each other. Lastly, before you leave, do join us in our newsletter to stay updated with the latest tech trends and happenings.