Almost every Windows user must have faced a few common issues, such as slow PC speed once in a while. If you are also one of them, then like several other users, you must have downloaded some utilities such as Driver Reviver to revive your computer. Well, Driver Reviver is, no doubt, is an excellent driver update utility to tackle the main culprits behind almost every PC problem, i.e., out of date drivers. However, it is no harm in looking for the best driver reviver alternatives when there are several better options in the marketplace.
There are many hidden gems in the marketplace that are a way better than Driver Reviver. But, is it necessary to give them a shot? Well, to try the Driver Reviver alternatives or not is entirely your choice. However, in our view, there are some cons of Driver Reviver that you must consider before arriving at any decision. Below we list them out.
- It does not support within the program driver uninstallation.
- You cannot schedule driver scans.
- In case of any problem, you cannot rely on customer support as it is unresponsive.
- Often disturbs the users with annoying notifications.
- It is an expensive utility in comparison to its counterparts.
Every tool on the planet has shortcomings. But, we believe that the above cons of Driver Reviver are not ignorable and a reason big enough to make a switch to the best Driver Reviver alternatives.
Coming to the free alternatives to Driver Reviver, the marketplace has plenty of them. But, not all of them stand close to Driver Reviver and qualify as its alternatives. Therefore, we have dived in the entire ocean of these tools and curated the best ones for our readers. The below section shares the same.
Best Driver Reviver Alternatives & Competitor in 2020
Here are the best Driver Reviver alternatives that are similar to the utility but without the above mentioned annoying cons.
1. Bit Driver Updater
Bit is among one of those rare software developers that have made its place in the industry within just a few years of its inception. The utilities such as Bit Driver Updater is one of those utilities that made it a leading company in no time. This wonderful driver updater offers several unique features that make it one of the best Driver Reviver alternatives. Below we talk about the prominent ones out of them.
- Hosts the functionality to backup and restore the needed drivers whenever you desire.
- Allows exclusion of the drivers from the scan if you don’t want to update them.
- With this tool, you can schedule the driver scan as per your preferred timings.
- Lets you update drivers in a single click of the mouse.
- Downloads WHQL certified drivers.
- Elevates PC’s performance by 50%.
- Comes with multilingual support.
- Not available for older Windows versions such as Vista and XP.
2. Driver Easy
It is among one of the widely used and worth mentioning Driver Reviver alternatives. With this tool, you can update drivers at a blazing fast speed without any hassles. It comes with a few one of a kind features such as offline scans, and more. Let’s discuss some of them below.
- Boasts a driver scan scheduler.
- Lets you compare the currently installed drivers with the proposed updates.
- With this tool, you can hide the devices for which you don’t want to update the driver.
- It displays the much-needed information about various computer peripherals such as CPU, motherboard, and more.
- Supports within the program driver downloads.
- The driver scan speed is quite fast.
- You can use it without an active internet connection.
- No automatic driver installation supported.
- Downloads drivers at a bit slow speed.
- It does not let you download drivers in bulk.
- To use many of its features, you need to get the paid version.
3. Driver Genius
Here is another Driver Reviver free alternative to update drivers intelligently. Driver Genius hosts a multitude of tools such as driver backup and restore, scan scheduling, etc. Let’s have a look at some of its exciting features below.
- Provides useful hardware information such as the device’s model number and more.
- Lets you set the timings for driver scan and updates.
- Hosts a unique driver cleanup tool to remove unneeded drivers and its leftovers.
- Performs the trim command to optimize the SSD.
- Simple, clean, and easy to use UI.
- Fast scan procedure.
- Detects more outdated drivers in comparison to other best Driver Reviver alternatives.
- Mediocre free version.
- No support for offline driver downloads.
- It has fewer features than other similar tools.
4. Ashampoo Driver Updater
Ashampoo Driver Updater is among the enormously popular updaters and the best Driver Reviver alternatives. What makes it one of the sought after driver updaters are its remarkable features. Let’s have a look at some of them below.
- Color codes the icons to show the status of drivers.
- Lets you ignore the drivers that you don’t desire to update.
- Hosts an effortless driver backup and restore functionality.
- Allows you to schedule driver scans.
- The driver download speed is lightning fast.
- A single license is needed for three PCs.
- Driver scans are easy and snappy.
- Boasts a huge database of drivers.
- The color-coded icon system might confuse some users.
- No guarantee of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) drivers.
- Comes with ads and bloatware.
5. AVG Driver Updater
A popular name in the antivirus domain, AVG also boasts one of the best Driver Reviver alternatives. AVG Driver Updater comes with several worth mentioning features such as reducing the browsing and downloading speed, etc. Below are more of these amazing features.
- Automatically scans every nook and cranny of your PC for outdated drivers in real-time.
- Hosts the option to backup and restore the device drivers.
- Fixes a few annoying PC problems.
- Comes with a scheduler for driver scans and updates.
- Makes significant improvements in the PC performance.
- Offers free and fully automatic driver scans.
- Downloads only certified and official drivers.
- Boasts a user-friendly and intuitive UI.
- The driver database consists of only 1, 27, 000 drivers.
- Does not have any premium or additional features.
- Its price is a bit high.
6. Driver Booster
This is another tool to boost and optimize PC performance. With this one of the best Driver Reviver alternatives, you can not only update drivers but also fix various gaming and other glitches. Talking about the features of Driver Booster that brought it to this list, we share them below.
- Offers a one-click driver scan and update.
- Displays complete details about the driver such as its version number and release date.
- You can export the out of date driver list to a TXT file.
- Labels drivers as per update’s severity.
- Tools in Driver Booster fixes common errors of sound, network, etc.
- Hosts System Information pane to display details about PC and OS.
- Downloads WHQL authenticated drivers.
- Comes with an auto-reboot/ shutdown feature.
- Creates a backup of all driver updates.
- No alerts for missing drivers.
- Keeps on recommending other products from IObit.
7. Quick Driver Updater
As the name entails, this entrant on our list of the Driver Reviver alternatives updates drivers quickly in just a few minutes. Apart from this, it also offers certain interesting features. We enlist the same below.
- Boosts video editing, gaming, and general PC performance.
- Downloads and installs certified drivers.
- Hosts support for almost all the major languages.
- Updates drivers in just a click.
- Easy to use UI.
- Scan speed is fast.
- Keeps the PC errors away.
- Non-availability for older versions of Windows.
Have you Picked the Best Driver Reviver Alternatives
Through this post, we discussed the best Driver Reviver alternatives that are far better than that. In case you are confused, we recommend Bit Driver Updater as it makes the task of updating drivers a piece of cake. Thus, give it a try and let us know your experience in the comment box below.