Driver Support is one of the well-known driver updaters. But it has some tough to ignore issues. Therefore, read on to find the best free Driver Support alternatives for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
For a perfectly functioning computer, it is crucial to keep the drivers, i.e., communication channels between the PC and connected devices, updated at all times. However, manually updating the drivers is not less than a painful process. Hence, it becomes essential to use software that can help you accomplish the task effortlessly. While searching for such a program, you must have come across Driver Support. It is among the most popular driver updaters. But before you download it, we suggest you have a look at the best Driver Support alternatives shared in this post.
Now a question arises that why know about software like Driver Support, is it not good enough? Well, it is undoubtedly an excellent program but not the con-less one. It suffers from a few shortcomings that almost everyone, including us, finds tough to endure. We list them below.
Unbearable cons of Driver Support
- No option to download and install the drivers automatically.
- It does not show a detailed description of drivers.
- The free version has no useful features.
- Driver Support detects fewer out-of-date drivers than apps similar to it.
Do the above cons seem manageable to you? If your answer is also a big no, then read the next section sharing the best alternatives to Driver Support that we handpicked exclusively for our readers.
Best Driver Support Alternatives for all Windows Versions in 2021
Below are the programs that we can call the best free Driver Support alternatives.
1. Bit Driver Updater
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, & 7
Free Version: Available
Top Feature: System restore point creation
Before updating the drivers, we all have a question, what if the computer does not perform smoothly after a driver update. Bit Driver Updater answers this question. Although updating the drivers makes the computer’s performance smooth, still the chances of things going wrong cannot be ignored completely. Therefore, this software is among the best Driver Support alternatives that let you create a restore point before performing a driver update. You can use the restore point to undo the changes made to your PC. Apart from this, below are more of its highlighting features.
Attractive features of Bit Driver Updater
- It displays the complete driver details, including the version number, release date, publisher’s info., and more.
- With this software, you can create driver backups and restore them whenever you need to do it.
- You can schedule the scan so that they run automatically according to your convenience.
- As described above, it boasts the much-needed option to create a system restore point.
- It allows you to add a driver to the Ignore list if you do not feel the need to update it.
- Bit Driver Updater fixes PC issues and improves its performance.
- It downloads only authentic drivers from trusted sources.
2. Driver Booster
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, & XP
Free Version: Available
Top Feature: Silent mode
Unlike many other programs that trouble the user with constant popup notifications, Driver Booster knows when you need peaceful silence. It goes into a silent mode when you play games or are engaged in any full-screen activity. However, it is not the only thing that makes it one of the best apps similar to Driver Support. It also boasts many other unique features that we share below.
Laudable features of Driver Booster
- It lets you create and restore driver backups.
- In addition to repairing the drivers, it also fixes the game components, like Visual C++ redistributables, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, and more.
- There is a game booster to take your gaming performance to new heights.
- If you do not feel that a driver needs to be updated, then you can transfer it to the Ignore list.
- While updating the drivers, this software prioritizes those drivers that are vital to smooth PC performance.
- It lets you make a comparison between current drivers and the proposed updates.
- There is a password manager to keep all the passwords securely.
- It has various optimization features, such as disk defragmenter, junk file remover, registry cleaner, and a system issues checker.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & Windows Server
Free Version: Available
Top Feature: Unknown device detection
Device Manager in Windows often shows some unknown devices that we fail to understand. DriverMax detects such peripherals and helps you fix the issues with them. In addition to this, another best thing about this software is that it also updates the vital components of Windows, such as DirectX, C++ Runtime, and more. Let’s now discuss the other outstanding features of this software that brought it to this article sharing the top free Driver Support alternatives.
Commendable features of DriverMax
- You can set a schedule to scan for the drivers requiring an update.
- It gives you an option to backup either all the drivers or a particular driver.
- There are four restore options, i.e., it is possible to restore the drivers from a backup, system restore point, drivers downloaded earlier, and driver rollback.
- You can set the priority for driver downloads.
- It supports bulk driver downloading.
- DriverMax checks for outdated drivers every hour.
- Like we have said earlier, it detects unknown devices on Device Manager.
- With this software, you can update the essential Windows components.
4. Driver Easy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, & 7
Free Version: Not available
Top Feature: Gigantic driver database
Although Driver Easy offers only a free trial, still it has got this position in our list of the best free Driver Support alternatives for its enormous driver database. It boasts a vast database of eight-million drivers. And there is an easy-to-use search option to get all the drivers that you need. Moreover, below are the other wonderful features of this software that you must know.
Notable features of Driver Easy
- With this driver updater, you can create a backup of drivers before going ahead with the update.
- It allows you to restore the drivers effortlessly in case the updated versions fail to please you.
- Driver Easy does not redirect you anywhere to download the drivers and install them.
- It is exportable to a TXT file.
- This software displays the complete PC details, like OS, GPU, CPU, and more.
- It encompasses an uninstaller for the drivers that your computer no longer requires.
- There is an option to hide the undesired driver updates.
- You can schedule the offline driver scans.
5. Driver Genius
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & 2000
Free Version: Available
Top Feature: Device diagnostic tool
Driver Genius gets a spot on this post dedicated to the best programs like Driver Support for its highly-useful device diagnostic tool. It helps you detect and fix the issues that impact the PC performance adversely. Along with this, here are the other features of this software that we find worth mentioning.
Outstanding features of Driver Genius
- If the driver update fails to live up to your expectation, then you can roll back to the previously installed driver.
- With this software, you can create a system restore point and driver backup before making any change to the driver.
- It allows you to uninstall the useless drivers.
- There is a hardware temperature alarm to alert you whenever there are hardware overheating issues.
- Its SSD speeder allows you to take the SDD performance to another level.
- There are a junk cleaner and other tools to boost the performance of your computer.
- You can schedule the scan to run them automatically as per your requirements.
6. Driver Reviver
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10
Free Version: Available
Top Feature: Straightforward interface
The interface of this software is its biggest forte that led it to the list of the best apps similar to Driver Support. All its features are shown as clearly labeled buttons on its home screen. Thus, even beginners can use it with almost no hassle. Apart from this, here is what makes it one of the top programs that can replace Driver Support.
- It has a huge database consisting of over ten million drivers.
- Driver Reviver starts scanning your computer as soon as the PC boots up.
- It shows the complete details about the drivers existing on your computer.
- There is an uninstallation option for the drivers that you no longer want on the PC.
- It allows you to reinstall the drivers if you need to do it.
- You can update all the drivers with just a click using its paid version.
- If there is any driver that you do not wish to be scanned, then you can exclude it.
- You can schedule the scans as per your needs.
7. DriverPack Solution
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, & XP
Top Feature: Portability
We think DriverPack Solution is among the best Driver Support alternatives as you can carry it on a flash drive. It needs no installation to update the drivers. Moreover, it offers a bunch of useful features for completely free. Let’s talk about the features that it provides.
Praiseworthy features of DriverPack Solution
- It creates a restore point automatically before making any changes to your computer.
- With this software, you can know about all the drivers present on the PC, including those that do not require an update.
- It shows you the version number of the available driver update to ensure that it is the latest driver version.
- This software downloads drivers as packs or groups of various peripherals, like video cards and more.
- After you have used the required data, it allows you to delete the temporary files.
- It keeps track of the computer’s performance and alerts you about the issues that affect the PC’s functionality negatively.
- You can use this software even without an internet connection.
That’s all for now!
Above, we listed out the best Driver Support alternatives that you can use to update the drivers and ensure optimal performance. We have handpicked all the above software after thoroughly going through the ocean of programs available currently. However, if you think that any software is missing from this list, then bring it to our attention through the comments section.