Today, we are going to enlighten you about some best duplicate file finder for Windows 10. Yes, we know that some of you might wonder about the requirement of having a duplicate file finder installed on your Windows 10 PC. So, before proceeding with the list of some best duplicate file removers, let’s understand why do we require them.
With time, these identical and similar files get accumulated in the PC, hog up the disk space, and slow it down. Therefore, to optimize and speed up the PC you must find and remove duplicate files. You can use the best duplicate file finder and remover to get rid of these space-hogging duplicates with ease. However, The marketplace has an ocean of tools to delete duplicate files. But, we cannot consider all of them as the best duplicate file cleaner. Therefore, we dived through the entire gamut of apps to find duplicate files and curated the best ones exclusively for our readers. This post talks about these top identical and duplicate file finders.
15 Best Free Duplicate File Finders and Cleaners to Remove Duplicate Files
Below we enlist the best duplicate file finders and removers to eliminate junk, give the hard disk breathing space, and speed up the PC.
1. Duplicate Cleaner Pro
When the talk is about the best duplicate file removers, the name of Duplicate Cleaner Pro cannot be skipped. This utility with an easy-to-use interface lets you find and delete duplicate files seamlessly in a fraction of a second. Below are some of the features that set it apart from the rest of the lot.
Incredible features of Duplicate Cleaner Pro
- It is one of those advanced duplicate file cleaners that find identical and similar pictures even if they are edited.
- It helps you unclutter the music library by finding and deleting duplicate soundtracks.
- Scans every nook and corner of the PC to detect and delete duplicate files.
- Allows you to be in charge of what to do with duplicates. You can either send them to recycle bin, move, or rename them.
Although it is a great tool to find and delete duplicate files, still some downsides are worth-mentioning. We share them below.
Cons of Duplicate Cleaner Pro
- Sometimes, it highlights files as duplicates unnecessarily.
- The free version only lets you delete a small number of duplicate files at a time.
How to use Duplicate Cleaner Pro?
After downloading it, follow the steps below to find and remove duplicate files.
- Click on the Start Scan button located on the search criteria tab and wait for the scan to finish.
- Once the scan finishes, use the in-built selection assistant or manually select the files you want to remove.
- Lastly, click on the Remove Files button.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
2. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
It is among the most intelligently programmed and best tools to remove duplicate files. No matter whether you need to find similar video files, documents, or photos, this utility helps you do it all easily. Let’s have a look at its features that induced us to include it on our list.
Commendable features of Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- Boasts a rescue center that lets you restore the files in case something goes wrong.
- In addition to deleting duplicate files, it also removes unneeded executable files to free up disk space.
- It allows you to add files to the ignore list and exclude them from the scan.
There can be no con-free software. Some cons always creep in. Below are the prominent downsides of this tool to find duplicate files.
Cons of Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- Finds less duplicate files in comparison to the other best duplicate file finders for Windows 10.
- The folder selection seems a bit buggy and inconvenient.
How to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder?
Download this best free duplicate file cleaner from the link shared below. Then, follow the steps mentioned here.
- After you open the software, a drive directory comes up
- Choose the drive in which you want to scan for duplicate files and set the search criteria.
- Select Scan Now and wait for the scan to complete.
- Lastly, go through the displayed duplicates and delete the ones you do not want to keep.
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 & 10
CCleaner is an unskippable name in the domain of PC cleaning software. It detects and deletes duplicate files without tampering with the crucial system files. It’s a complete tool to clean and optimize the PC with duplicate file removal as one of its functionalities. This widely used and the best free duplicate photo cleaner has many features. Let’s have a look at them.
Praiseworthy features of CCleaner
- It comes with an in-built registry cleaner and uninstaller for unneeded software.
- Automatically detects passwords and other internet files if multiple users use the PC.
- Effectively manages the startup programs, thereby, significantly reducing the device’s boot time.
- The paid version offers premium features such as real-time scanning of web browser extensions and duplicate files.
Apart from the above luring features, the tool also has some worth-mentioning downsides. We talk about the same below.
Cons of CCleaner
- Its download page might seem confusing to novice users.
- The regular installer tries to install other unwanted programs on your PC.
How to use CCleaner?
Download this best duplicate file remover and cleaner for Windows 10 from the link shared below. And, then follow the steps mentioned here.
- Launch CCleaner and move to tools mentioned on the window’s left pane.
- Select duplicate file finder from the list that comes up.
- Set the date, size, or name-based search criteria
- Exclude the files or folders that you don’t want to be scanned and then begin the search
- After the scanning process ends, select the duplicate files you want to remove and click on the delete button.
Compatibility: Windows XP & Above
Price: $24.95 (Free version also available)
4. Easy Duplicate File Finder
This is perhaps the easiest way to find and delete duplicate files in a snap of fingers. It quickly detects all the duplicate files and lets you remove them in a jiffy. Moreover, below are its other features.
Striking features of Easy Duplicate File Finder
- Runs ultra-fast scans for duplicate files and even lets you delete duplicates from the music player’s list.
- Lets you undo the actions so that you can recover the accidentally deleted files.
- Hosts two tools, namely Wizard and Assistant to find and remove duplicate files effortlessly.
In addition to these features, we also noticed a few downsides with this best duplicate file finder and cleaner for Windows 10. We share the same below.
Cons of Easy Duplicate File Finder
- With this tool, you can scan only 10 duplicate groups at a time.
- Annoys you with constant requests to make Ask.com your home page and default search provider.
How to use Easy Duplicate File Finder?
Get it from the download link below and then follow the steps shared here.
- Open Easy Duplicate File Finder and specify the folders you want to scan along with the search criteria.
- After the search ends, select the twins that you want to remove.
- Once the process completes, select the dupes you want to remove.
- Hit the trash button to delete the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10
5. Wise Duplicate Finder
With this best duplicate file finder and remover, you can even sort the folders from which duplicates have been removed. This was one of the features that attracted and instigated us to include it on our list. Below are the other ones.
Noteworthy features of Wise Duplicate Finder
- Creates a backup of all the files so that you can effortlessly restore them as and when needed.
- It supports both automatic and manual deletion of duplicate files. If the detected number of dupes is not large then you can delete them manually.
- Scans the entire PC to find similar file names, video files, folders, and pictures.
Talking about the downsides, below are the prominent shortcomings of this tool to scan and remove duplicate files.
Cons of Wise Duplicate Finder
- You cannot save the scan results for future reference.
- The scan takes a bit longer to complete than the other advanced duplicate file cleaners.
How to use Wise Duplicate Finder?
Download this one of the best duplicate file finder tools and then follow the below steps.
- Open Wise Duplicate Finder and select the folders you want to delete duplicates from.
- Set the search criteria for the scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete and after it completes, click on the delete selected button.
Compatibility: Windows XP or Later
Also Know: How to Fix 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10
6. AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
Here comes another best duplicate file finder and remover packed with powerful methods to scan and detect the duplicate files. It uses byte by byte and SHA-1 Hash ways to search. Apart from this, below are its other features.
Remarkable features of AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
- Encompasses a selection assistant that lets you choose files, groups, or folders effortlessly.
- Comes with a protected folders tab to help you prevent accidental deletion of crucial files.
- Shows a thumbnail image of the detected duplicate file.
- It is among those best software that is effective in scanning, detecting, and deleting duplicate files.
Now, let’s have a look at the not so rosy picture, i.e., downsides of this utility. Here they are.
Cons of AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
- It does not scan subfolders correctly.
- Comes with other unneeded applications.
How to use AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder?
Download it from the given link and then follow the below steps.
- Open AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder and then click on add folder.
- Click on the search now button.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Once the scan ends, hit the delete button.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Price: $59.95 for pro version
Another decent duplicate file finder and remover software for Windows is XYplorer. It serves you as a file manager for Windows. Despite being a file manager, it is also capable enough to remove duplicate files. Here are some of the prominent features of XYplorer.
Commendable features of XYplorer
- Along with finding and removing duplicate files, it can also be used to manage files and folders.
- It can also help you to move files from one location to another.
- The tool is highly personalized and customizable.
However, despite having so many positive features, some cons always creep in. Below are the prominent downsides of XYplorer.
Cons of XYplorer:
- The duplicate file finder and file explorer tool doesn’t offer many features in its free version.
How to use XYplorer?
After installing this perfect combination of file explorer and duplicate file finder tool on your PC, here are the steps that you have to follow to detect and remove duplicate files.
- After launching the explorer, click on the Find Files tab.
- Then select Dupes and mark all the options.
- Now choose the dupes that you want to remove.
- At last, click on the erase icon to remove the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
8. Fast Duplicate File Finder
Here’s another best free duplicate file cleaner to detect and delete all the space-hogging dupes. It accurately detects and deletes all kinds of twin files. Apart from this, below are its other features.
Noteworthy features of Fast Duplicate File Finder
- Lets you move duplicates to recycle bin or delete them permanently.
- Shows you the preview of all the detected duplicate files.
- The paid version comes with several advanced functions such as multiple search categories, export options, and more.
Let’s now have a look at the downsides of this software to delete duplicate files. Here they are.
Cons of Fast Duplicate File Finder
- There is no filtering function in the free version.
- It works a bit slower than its counterparts.
How to use Fast Duplicate File Finder?
Follow the steps below to use this best duplicate file remover.
- Open Fast Duplicate File Finder and add the folders to be scanned using the Add Folder button.
- Select the scanning method to be adopted.
- Hit the start scan button and wait for the scan to complete.
- Choose Delete to get rid of the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows NT/Windows 2000/Windows 2003/All Windows Server operating systems
Price: Pro version available for $39.95
9. Duplicate File Detective
If you are looking for affordable software which is the best duplicate file remover, then this is among our top recommendations. It uses cutting-edge technology to detect duplicate files and help you remove them with ease. Below are more of its features.
Prominent features of Duplicate File Detective
- It hosts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Lets you export detected duplicate files in formats such as XML, CSV, HTML, and PDF.
- Allows you to detect audio dupes through tag extraction and analysis
Apart from the above features, a few downsides are also worth-mentioning about this duplicate file cleaner. We talk about them below.
Cons of Duplicate File Detective
- In the trial version, it displays a nag screen.
- The scanning process is a bit slow.
How to use Duplicate File Detective?
To use it, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the new project wizard and select the type of duplicates you want to remove.
- Set the criteria for the search.
- Click on Finish to run the scan.
- After the process ends, choose “mark all files” and click on delete.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008.
10. Duplicate Sweeper
Here comes one of the best duplicate file finder software. Duplicate Sweeper is a fast utility that can remove all the duplicate files of a particulate folder with a lightning-fast speed. Here are some more features of this useful utility for Windows PC.
Incredible features of Duplicate Sweeper
- The user-interface of this tool is quite elegant.
- It can even detect the duplicate files that do not have the same file name.
- The tool also categorizes the identical duplicates.
- It also provides you the feature to automatically select the new and old duplicate files.
Along with the luring features, Duplicate Sweeper also has some cons. Here we are going to discuss them as well.
Cons of Duplicate Sweeper:
- It doesn’t provide you the option to delete duplicate files in its free trial.
How to use Duplicate Sweeper?
First of all, download and install the Duplicate Sweeper program from the link provided below, then follow the steps that we have mentioned here.
- Run the Duplicate Sweeper program.
- Select the folders you want to scan and then choose Start Duplicate Search.
- Choose the files you want to remove.
- Click on Recycle Selected Duplicates.
Compatibility: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and OSX 10.7 or higher.
11. Puran Duplicate File Finder
If you are looking for a freeware that can discover and erase duplicate files on your Windows 10 PC, then Puran Duplicate File Finder is a great option. Using this utility, you can detect and remove duplicate files in multiple folders and drives as well. Here are some of the other features that Puran Duplicate File Finder offers to the users.
Salient Features of Puran Duplicate File Finder:
- The tool supports all the major file formats.
- It provides two types of scans, i.e., regular scan and deep scan.
- The scanning speed is quite fast.
- This program is entirely free to download and use.
Apart from the above features, the Puran Duplicate File Finder also has some downsides. We talk about the same below.
Cons of Puran Duplicate File Finder
- The interface seems quite complex for the novice users.
How to use Puran Duplicate File Finder?
Here are the steps that you need to follow after downloading and installing Puran Duplicate File Finder.
- Run the program.
- Choose the folders from which you want to remove duplicate files.
- Select Scan.
- Mark the files you want to delete and then click on Delete Selected.
Compatibility: Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8, and 10.
12. Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus
This best duplicate file finder for Windows 10 allows you to tweak the settings and scan only a particular file type. Thereby, it saves a lot of time. Moreover, below are its additional features.
Central features of Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus
- Traces and tracks Windows operations such as deletion, renaming, and modification of files and folders.
- Lets you delete multiple duplicate files at once.
- Only retains one file for each duplicate that is deleted.
Now, let’s go through the shortcomings of this utility to remove duplicate files.
Cons of Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus
- UI may seem a bit complicated to novice users.
- It is not as fast as you would expect.
How to use Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus?
Follow the steps below to use this best duplicate file remover for Windows 10.
- Open the software and select the resources, i.e., files and folders that you want to scan.
- Run the scan and wait for it to display the results.
- Hit delete to remove all the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
This best duplicate file finder and remover doubles up as an antivirus that shields you from viruses, malware, and Trojans. In addition to this, below is what else it offers, i.e., its other features.
Unique features of AntiDuplicate
- It prevents illegal copying on your PC.
- Does not lose even a bit of identification information while formatting AntiDuplicate drive.
- Hosts an in-built functionality of internal optimization.
However, it also encompasses a few worth-mentioning shortcomings. Here we share the same.
Cons of AntiDuplicate
- UI is slightly confusing.
- Works a little slower.
How to use AntiDuplicate?
To use this best free duplicate file and photo cleaner, follow the below steps.
- Launch the software.
- Add the files you want to be scanned and run the scan.
- Once the scan completes, hit delete.
Compatibility: Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10
If you are looking for a proficient duplicate file finder and remover, then you must try dupeGuru. The compatibility, speed, and various other features of this software one of the best duplicate file cleaner. Let’s analyze the prominent features of this tool.
Prominent Features of dupeGuru:
- dupeGuru offers a lightning-fast functioning.
- It has a picture mode that solely focuses on finding duplicate pictures.
- You can customize this highly personalized duplicate file finder tool as per your preferences.
- The tool offers multi-lingual support.
Additionally, we have also noticed a few downsides of dupeGuru. We share the same below.
Cons of dupeGuru:
- Some users have experienced a system crash while scanning for duplicate files with this software.
How to use dupeGuru?
After successfully downloading and installing dupeGuru, here are the steps that you have to take for using it properly.
- Open the dupeGuru tool.
- Select the folders that you want to scan.
- Then after that, choose Scan.
- Select the files form the scan result that you want to remove.
- Then click on Send Marked to Recycle bin.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Here comes one of the most committed duplicate file detector. CloneSpy offers many features that can help you to regain your disk storage by detecting and removing duplicate files. Let’s discuss the features that make it so competent tool to remove duplicates.
Noteworthy Features of CloneSpy
- The scanning speed of CloneSpy is worth praising.
- It is entirely free to use.
- The tool offers personalized search features as well.
- This program also allows you to move the duplicate files to another location if you do not want to delete them.
Now, let’s go through the shortcomings of CloneSpy.
Cons of CloneSpy:
- One of the biggest disadvantages of using CloneSpy is its complex interface. Computer amateurs may find it quite difficult to install and use this program.
How to use CloneSpy?
Once you have downloaded and installed CloneSpy on our PC, here are the steps that can help you in using it.
- Launch CloneSpy.
- Add the folder that contains duplicate files.
- Select mode, the files you want to search, and the action that you want to take with them.
- Click on Start scanning.
- Choose the files you want to remove from the results given by CloneSpy.
- Select Delete all marked files.
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about duplicate file finder software that most of the people have in their minds.
Q1. What is the best free duplicate file finder?
It is quite difficult to select the best among the free duplicate file finder software that we have provided on the list. Each one of them offers some unique features. But when we talk about the overall functionality, we feel that the following names deserve the title of best free duplicate file finder.
- Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
These two utilities offer a lot more than just removing duplicate files and that too without any cost. That’s why we have considered them the best.
Q2. Is duplicate file finder safe?
The answer to this question is quite complicated. It is because when you search duplicate file finder on the Web, you get a lot of options to select from. But, not every one of them is reliable and effective. Some may steal your data as well. Hence, you have to be quite cautious while selecting a duplicate file finder software for your PC. Our list helps you to select the best and safe software to remove duplicate files. You can rely on the above-mentioned names to clean duplicates from your computer.
Q3. How can I find duplicate files?
If you want to know how to find duplicate files, then we recommend you to use some best free duplicate file finder software. It is quite difficult as well as time-consuming to look for duplicate files manually. Hence, to save your time, it is advised to use some freeware to find and clean duplicate files. You just have to scan a folder or drive, from which you want to clean the duplicate files. Duplicate File Finder scans all the files automatically using some special algorithms and provides you with the duplicate and similar ones.
Q4. Does Windows 10 have a duplicate file finder?
The answer is NO. Windows 10 does not have any default duplicate file finder. If you want any such software, then you can download various freeware available on the Web. The above list also provides some recommendations for the best duplicate file finder software for Windows 10 PC.
Q5. How do I get rid of duplicate files?
The best way to get rid of duplicate files from Windows 10 PC is to delete them using some best free duplicate file finder. You can try any of the above-mentioned tools to do so. However, we recommend you to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder and CCleaner as they are best in our point of view.
Have you Picked the Best Duplicate File Finder
The above were the best tools to find and remove duplicate files. Each of them has their unique features. Have you picked the one that suits your needs the most? If not, then we would recommend Auslogics Duplicate File Finder and CCleaner for the multitude of options they offer. Use them to free up the disk space and extract better performance out of your PC. Lastly, before you leave, do not forget to subscribe and bookmark Innovana Blogs for more such useful information.