Don’t let duplicate files eat up disk space and slow down your PC. Know the best duplicate file finder and cleaner software to remove them.
No PC in the world is free from problems. Some are plagued with hardware issues while many others with software troubles. Although better coding and optimization software has resolved the issues to some extent, still you need something more to get that unmatched PC performance. You need to find and delete duplicate files like photos, videos, excel and word documents, folders, etc.
With time, these identical and similar files get accumulated in the PC, hog up the disk space, and slow it down. Therefore, to optimize and speed up the PC you must find and remove duplicate files.
Although you can manually scan and duplicate files, still we would not recommend it. The reason is, for manual deletion you’ll need to go through the entire device storage, compare the files, and then pick the identical or similar ones. Isn’t this too much work to do? Well, thus, we are here with a smart solution. You can use the best duplicate file finder and remover to get rid of these space-hogging duplicates with ease.
The marketplace has an ocean of tools to delete duplicate files. But, not all of them are the best. Some are confusing, buggy, and not safe to use. Therefore, we dived through the entire gamut of apps to find duplicate files and curated the best ones exclusively for our readers. This post talks about these top identical and duplicate file finders.
Best Free Antivirus Software for Windows 10 | Top 13 Security Tools 2020
Best Free Duplicate File Finders for Windows 10| Top 10 Cleaning Tools
Below we enlist the best duplicate file finders and removers to eliminate junk, give the hard disk breathing space, and speed up the PC.
1. Duplicate Cleaner Pro- An intuitive Duplicate File Remover
When the talk is about the best duplicate file removers, the name of Duplicate Cleaner Pro cannot be skipped. This utility with an easy-to-use interface lets you find and delete duplicate files seamlessly in a fraction of a second. Below are some of the features that set it apart from the rest of the lot.
Incredible features of Duplicate Cleaner Pro
- It is one of those advanced duplicate file cleaners that find identical and similar pictures even if they are edited.
- It helps you unclutter the music library by finding and deleting duplicate soundtracks.
- Scans every nook and corner of the PC to detect and delete duplicate files.
- Allows you to be in charge of what to do with duplicates. You can either send them to recycle bin, move, or rename them.
Although it is a great tool to find and delete duplicate files, still some downsides are worth-mentioning. We share them below.
Cons of Duplicate Cleaner Pro
- Sometimes, it highlights files as duplicates unnecessarily.
- The free version only lets you delete a small number of duplicate files at a time.
How to use Duplicate Cleaner Pro?
After downloading it, follow the steps below to find and remove duplicate files.
- Click on the Start Scan button located on the search criteria tab and wait for the scan to finish.
- Once the scan finishes, use the in-built selection assistant or manually select the files you want to remove.
- Lastly, click on the Remove Files button.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
2. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder – An Intelligent Duplicate File Cleaner
It is among the most intelligently programmed and best tools to remove duplicate files. No matter whether you need to find similar video files, documents, or photos, this utility helps you do it all easily. Let’s have a look at its features that induced us to include it on our list.
Commendable features of Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- Boasts a rescue center that lets you restore the files in case something goes wrong.
- In addition to deleting duplicate files, it also removes unneeded executable files to free up disk space.
- It allows you to add files to the ignore list and exclude them from the scan.
There can be no con-free software. Some cons always creep in. Below are the prominent downsides of this tool to find duplicate files.
Cons of Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- Finds less duplicate files in comparison to the other best duplicate file finders for Windows 10.
- The folder selection seems a bit buggy and inconvenient.
How to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder?
Download this best free duplicate file cleaner from the link shared below. Then, follow the steps mentioned here.
- After you launch the software, a drive directory comes up.
- Choose the drive in which you want to scan for duplicate files and set the search criteria.
- Click on Scan Now button and wait for the scan to complete.
- Lastly, go through the displayed duplicates and delete the ones you do not want to keep.
Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 & 10
3. CCleaner- The “Oh! Why Haven’t you Installed that” Kind of Duplicate File Finder
CCleaner is an unskippable name in the domain of PC cleaning software. It detects and deletes duplicate files without tampering with the crucial system files. It’s a complete tool to clean and optimize the PC with duplicate file removal as one of its functionalities. This widely used and the best free duplicate photo cleaner has many features. Let’s have a look at them.
Praiseworthy features of CCleaner
- It comes with an in-built registry cleaner and uninstaller for unneeded software.
- Automatically detects passwords and other internet files if multiple users use the PC.
- Effectively manages the startup programs, thereby, significantly reducing the device’s boot time.
- The paid version offers premium features such as real-time scanning of web browser extensions and duplicate files.
Apart from the above luring features, the tool also has some worth-mentioning downsides. We talk about the same below.
Cons of CCleaner
- Its download page might seem confusing to novice users.
- The regular installer tries to install other unwanted programs on your PC.
How to use CCleaner?
Download this best duplicate file remover and cleaner for Windows 10 from the link shared below. And, then follow the steps mentioned here.
- Launch CCleaner and move to tools located at the left pane.
- Select duplicate file finder from the list that comes up.
- Set the date, size, or name-based matching criteria.
- Exclude the files or folders that you don’t want to be scanned and then click on the search button.
- After the scanning process ends, select the duplicate files you want to remove and click on the delete button.
Compatibility: Windows XP & Above
Price: $24.95 (Free version also available)
4. Easy Duplicate File Finder- An easy way to Remove Duplicate Files
As the name suggests, this is perhaps the easiest way to find and delete duplicate files in a snap of fingers. It quickly detects all the duplicate files and lets you remove them in a jiffy. Moreover, below are its other features.
Striking features of Easy Duplicate File Finder
- Runs ultra-fast scans for duplicate files and even lets you delete duplicates from the music player’s list.
- Lets you undo the actions so that you can recover the accidentally deleted files.
- Hosts two tools, namely Wizard and Assistant to find and remove duplicate files effortlessly.
In addition to these features, we also noticed a few downsides with this best duplicate file finder and cleaner for Windows 10. We share the same below.
Cons of Easy Duplicate File Finder
- With this tool, you can scan only 10 duplicate groups at a time.
- Annoys you with constant requests to make Ask.com your home page and default search provider.
How to use Easy Duplicate File Finder?
Get it from the download link below and then follow the steps shared here.
- Open Easy Duplicate File Finder and specify the folders you want to scan along with the search criteria.
- Start the scanning process and wait for it to complete.
- Once the process completes, select the dupes you want to remove.
- Hit the trash button to delete the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10
5. Wise Duplicate Finder- A tool that Suits both Novice and Pro users
With this best duplicate file finder and remover, you can even sort the folders from which duplicates have been removed. This was one of the features that attracted and instigated us to include it on our list. Below are the other ones.
Noteworthy features of Wise Duplicate Finder
- Creates a backup of all the files so that you can effortlessly restore them as and when needed.
- It supports both automatic and manual deletion of duplicate files. If the detected number of dupes is not large then you can delete them manually.
- Scans the entire PC to find similar file names, video files, folders, and pictures.
Talking about the downsides, below are the prominent shortcomings of this tool to scan and remove duplicate files.
Cons of Wise Duplicate Finder
- You cannot save the scan results for future reference.
- The scan takes a bit longer to complete than the other advanced duplicate file cleaners.
How to use Wise Duplicate Finder?
Download this one of the best duplicate file finder tools and then follow the below steps.
- Open Wise Duplicate Finder and select the folders you wish to scan for duplicate files.
- Set the search criteria for the scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete and after it completes, click on the delete selected button.
Compatibility: Windows XP or Later
6. AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder- The Power-Packed Software to Delete Duplicate Files
Here comes another best duplicate file finder and remover packed with powerful methods to scan and detect the duplicate files. It uses byte by byte and SHA-1 Hash ways to search. Apart from this, below are its other features.
Remarkable features of AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
- Encompasses a selection assistant that lets you choose files, groups, or folders effortlessly.
- Comes with a protected folders tab to help you prevent accidental deletion of crucial files.
- Shows a thumbnail image of the detected duplicate file.
- It is among those best software that is effective in scanning, detecting, and deleting duplicate files.
Now, let’s have a look at the not so rosy picture, i.e., downsides of this utility. Here they are.
Cons of AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
- It does not scan subfolders correctly.
- Comes with other unneeded applications.
How to use AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder?
Download it from the given link and then follow the below steps.
- Open AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder and then click on add folder.
- Click on the search now button.
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Once the scan ends, hit the delete button.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Price: $59.95 for pro version
7. Fast Duplicate File Finder- Snappier way to Accurately find Duplicate Files
Here’s another best free duplicate file cleaner to detect and delete all the space-hogging dupes. It accurately detects all the duplicates irrespective of their types or formats. Apart from this, below are its other features.
Noteworthy features of Fast Duplicate File Finder
- Lets you move duplicates to recycle bin or delete them permanently.
- Shows you the preview of all the detected duplicate files.
- Pro version comes with several advanced functions such as multiple search filters, export options, and more.
Let’s now have a look at the downsides of this software to delete duplicate files. Here they are.
Cons of Fast Duplicate File Finder
- There is no filtering function in the free version.
- It works a bit slower than its counterparts.
How to use Fast Duplicate File Finder?
Follow the steps below to use this best duplicate file remover.
- Open Fast Duplicate File Finder and add the folders to be scanned using the Add Folder button.
- Select the scanning method to be adopted.
- Hit the start scan button and wait for the scan to complete.
- Choose Delete to get rid of the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP/Windows NT/Windows 2000/Windows 2003/All Windows Server operating systems
Price: Pro version available for $39.95
Also Know: 12 Best Uninstaller Software for Windows 10
8. Duplicate File Detective- An Affordable way to Remove Duplicate Files
If you are looking for affordable software which is the best duplicate file remover, then this is among our top recommendations. It uses state-of-the-art technology to detect duplicate files and help you remove them with ease. Below are more of its features.
Prominent features of Duplicate File Detective
- It hosts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Lets you export detected duplicate files in formats such as XML, CSV, HTML, and PDF.
- Allows you to find duplicate audio files through tag extraction and analysis.
Apart from the above features, a few downsides are also worth-mentioning about this duplicate file cleaner. We talk about them below.
Cons of Duplicate File Detective
- In the trial version, it displays a nag screen.
- The scanning process is a bit slow.
How to use Duplicate File Detective?
To use it, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the new project wizard and select the type of duplicates you want to remove.
- Set the criteria for the search.
- Click on Finish to begin the scanning process.
- After the process ends, choose “mark all files” and click on delete.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008.
9. Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus- The ultimate Time-Saver
This best duplicate file finder for Windows 10 allows you to tweak the settings and scan only a particular file type. Thereby, it saves a lot of time. Moreover, below are its additional features.
Central features of Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus
- Traces and tracks Windows operations such as deletion, renaming, and modification of files and folders.
- Lets you delete multiple duplicate files at once.
- Only retains one file for each duplicate that is deleted.
Now, let’s go through the shortcomings of this utility to remove duplicate files.
Cons of Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus
- UI may seem a bit complicated to novice users.
- It is not as fast as you would expect.
How to use Trisun Duplicate File Finder Plus?
Follow the steps below to use this best duplicate file remover for Windows 10.
- Open the software and select the resources, i.e., files and folders that you want to scan.
- Run the scan and wait for it to display the results.
- Hit delete to remove all the duplicate files.
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
10. AntiDuplicate- The Two-in-one Duplicate File Remover
This best duplicate file finder and remover doubles up as an antivirus that shields you from viruses, malware, and Trojans. In addition to this, below is what else it offers, i.e., its other features.
Unique features of AntiDuplicate
- It prevents illegal copying on your PC.
- Does not lose even a bit of identification information while formatting AntiDuplicate drive.
- Hosts an in-built functionality of internal optimization.
However, it also encompasses a few worth-mentioning shortcomings. Here we share the same.
Cons of AntiDuplicate
- UI is slightly confusing.
- Works a little slower.
How to use AntiDuplicate?
To use this best free duplicate file and photo cleaner, follow the below steps.
- Launch the software.
- Add the files you want to be scanned and run the scan.
- Once the scan completes, hit delete.
Compatibility: Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10
Have you Picked the Best Duplicate File Finder?
The above were the best tools to find and remove duplicate files. Each of them has their unique features. Have you picked the one that suits your needs the most? If not, then we would recommend Auslogics Duplicate File Finder and CCleaner for the multitude of options they offer. Use them to free up the disk space and extract better performance out of your PC. Lastly, before you leave, do not forget to subscribe and bookmark Innovana Blogs for more such useful information.