We all are familiar with the most famous and commonly used commands of Windows i.e. cut, copy, and paste. We have used Windows default software to cut, copy, and paste files from one location to another. Although transferring large files through windows default copy utility software is a quite time-consuming task, hence we have to use the best file copy software to save time.
There are many good alternatives available in the market for the Windows default copy utility software, and in this write up we’ll try to provide you a glimpse of those some of the best file copy utility for Windows that you can use to save your time. So, without wasting any further time, let’s have a look at some fastest file copy software for Windows 10, 8, and 7 in 2020.
Also Read: 13 Best PC Optimizer Software for Windows
Best File Copy Utility Tools for Windows in 2020
Here is the list of some best file copy software that can be used as a good alternative for Windows default copy software.
1. File Fisher
The first name on the list of best file copy utility software for windows is File Fisher. The software deserves its place in the list as it is a compact and portable file copy utility tool with some extraordinary features. Here are some of the features that File Fisher offers to its users, along with transferring files from one location to another.
- File Fisher offers a simple yet attractive user interface to its users.
- It can be considered as one of the best file copy tools as you are not required to install the software on your PC. File Fisher is portable, and you are just required to copy the executable file to your system, and you can use it after that.
- The tool allows you to transfer files of a particular file format from a bunch of files having various file formats. For example, you can copy only music files that are mixed with various other image files, video files, etc. from the Pendrive/external storage device or any other folder.
- File Fisher is also compatible with the latest versions of Windows.
2. GS RichCopy 360
GS RichCopy 360 is not a tool that is particularly designed to copy and transfer files from one directory to another. It has been designed as backup software for Windows by GuruSquad, but the tool carries out the task of copying and transferring multiple files so efficiently that we have to consider this in the list of best file copy software.
- GS RichCopy 360 is quite fast when it comes to copying multiple files, and hence, it can be considered as the fastest file copy utility on Windows 10, 8, or 7.
- The file copy tool offers a Wizard Interface, which allows the users to check all the copy tasks.
- Along with copying files, GS RichCopy 360 also offers various other features to its users such as, synchronization of data and transferring the data across the network.
- This one of the best file utility is not free as you have to purchase the complete suite.
Here comes the best file copy utility software for advanced PC users. FastCopy cannot be used by everyone, as it offers some advance and typical features for copying files. Still, we have to consider it in the list of best windows file copy utilities, and the reasons are mentioned below.
- FastCopy is a completely free file copy tool for Windows.
- The tool brings out the best copy speed of devices as it uses multi-threads for overlapped and direct I/O. Hence, FastCopy is considered as one of the fastest file copy utility for Windows 10.
- It does not replace the default copy utility of Windows hence, one can use both tools at a time if required.
- The user interface is quite typical, complex, and detailed, hence we prefer it to be used by expert users only.
4. Unstoppable Copier
The next name on our list is Unstoppable Copier. This one of the best file copy tools is quite old. The main functionality of Unstoppable Copier is to recover your corrupted files. Here are some features that helped Unstoppable Copier, making it to the list of best Windows file copy utilities.
- Along with copying files, the software also helps to recover and repair the corrupted ones.
- Unstoppable Copier functions with a great speed, which makes it one of the fastest file copy tools for Windows.
- Despite being old, Unstoppable Copier is still efficient and fast.
- It is compatible with all the major versions of Windows except the latest Windows 10.
5. PerigeeCopy 1.6
PerigeeCopy 1.6 is also an old file copy tool for Windows. It is fast when it comes to copying multiple files. The tool is not compatible with the latest versions of Windows, including, 10 and 7, however, if you are a Windows 7 or less user, then it can be one of the best file copy software you’ll ever come across.
- PerigeeCopy 1.6 offers an easy user-interface.
- Along with copying files, this best file copy utility can also be used to delete files as well.
- The best file copy tool for Windows 7 provides several features such as Overwrite, Archive Bit, etc.
- It is the most simple and effective tool to copy multiple files on Windows 7 and less.
RoboCopy is not a particular tool or software for copying files. It is just a command that can be used to copy and move files on Windows. RoboCopy stands for Robust File Copy and is available in almost all versions of Windows after Windows NT 4. It is one of the oldest methods to copy files, and here are the features that RoboCopy command offers.
- You are not required to download any particular software to copy files, as RoboCopy command allows you to do it without any additional tool.
- RoboCopy command can copy files even after the network interruption as it resumes the copy after the interruption.
- Through this command, you can even skip copying those files that are already present in the destination folder or drive.
7. EaseUS Disk Copy
EaseUS Disk Copy is the best thing you’ll ever get if you are looking for the best file copy utility for windows to copy the whole drive. It can be better considered as a drive cloner as it can copy the whole data of a drive to another. Here are some features of this best drive cloner.
- EaseUS Disk Copy is a fast utility to copy/clone a whole disk or drive to a new location.
- The best windows file copy utility is compatible with all the major versions of Windows, including, 10, 8, 7, etc.
- It can also be used to create a bootable disk.
- EaseUS Disk Copy is also known for its accuracy, as it copies or we can say clones the whole disk with 100% accuracy.
Teracopy is the most famous and commonly used file copy software. This one of the best file copy utility comes in both free and paid versions. It provides various advanced features to its users, that’s the reason which makes it the most famous file copy tool.
- Teracopy is quite flexible and easy to use utility to copy files on windows.
- The best file copy software can skip corrupted and problematic files during the transfer process.
- Teracopy also helps to repair and recover the problematic files to some extent.
- Just like the Windows default copy software, Teracopy also supports drag and drop feature to copy or move files from one drive location to another.
- It can be considered as the best alternative for the windows default copy software.
9. Copy Handler
Copy Handler is the most complete free tool to copy files on Windows PC. The tool provides multiple options such as resume, pause, stop, etc. while transferring the files. Along with the exciting features, Copy Handler also provides multi-lingual support, including English and Polish. Here are some more features of Copy Handler.
- This can be the best file copy utility for windows if you are looking to copy files in bulk.
- You can also drag and drop files while using Copy Handler to copy and move files.
- If your PC gets shutdown while the transfer process, then this best file copy tool automatically resumes the transfer process once the system gets restarted.
- This one of the best windows file copy utilities shows detailed statistics to evaluate the transfer process.
Just like Copy Handler, UltraCopier is also an open-source software to copy files. It is completely free and yet offers multiple premium features. This best file copy software is best known for its simplicity, that it offers to its users. Anyone no matter how well-versed he/she is with the computers and windows can use this software without any difficulty.
- UltraCopier overs various advanced features such as start, stop, resume, speed limitation, etc.
- This best file copy utility can perform multiple copy tasks.
- Along with windows, it is also compatible with Linux and macOS.
- UltraCopier also comes with an error management feature.
Also Read: Windows 10 Search Not Working – Solved
ExtremeCopy comes with extreme speed to copy and move your files from one drive location to another. The tool is famous for its speed among its users and is considered as the fastest file copy tool for windows. Along with the copy speed, ExtremeCopy also offers some other impeccable features to its users.
- One of the best file copy utility ExtremeCopy has an intuitive user interface.
- Users can skip and pause the copy process of any particular file.
- It also enables its users to resume the interrupted copy process.
- ExtremeCopy also comes with an error management feature.
- The copy utility can also close the windows after the completion of the task.
So these were some of the best file copy software that can be used to copy files efficiently. There are many options available in the market, and it is always a risky task to use third-party tools. Hence, we have listed some of the trusted and reliable tools above to help you with your problem of choice. We hope that the above list helped you to select the best file copy utility for Windows. If you want more such technology-related information, then subscribe to the Innovana Blogs and also bookmark it so that you’ll never miss any update.