The technology has evolved drastically. Now you do not require barcode scanner machines to scan the barcodes of products. You can do it on your smartphone itself. Most of the smartphones come with a feature of scanning barcodes in the default camera app. But if your smartphone doesn’t have such a feature, then you can install some best barcode scanner apps. These are the third-party apps that can be used to scan and read barcodes.
QR codes contain whole information about a product. You can know everything about a product from its ingredients to manufactured date, by just scanning the QR code printed on the packet or the product. For this you require the best QR code scanner. It is quite essential to have some of the best QR scanners installed in your smartphones. As they can decode the information that QR codes contain about the product. In this write-up we’ll discuss such scanners.
So, let’s move straight to the list of some of the best QR code readers.
13 Best Barcode Scanners for Android in 2020
Here is the list of 13 best barcode scanner apps for Android smartphones. You can install these third-party apps if your smartphone’s camera doesn’t have a default barcode scanner feature, or if you are not satisfied with the functioning of the default scanner.
1. QR & Barcode Scanner
QR & Barcode Scanner is one of the top-rated QR code scanner apps on the play store. Along with scanning barcodes and QR codes, this one of the best QR code reader for Android offers many other features as well. It can read different barcode types and decodes them. Here are some of the salient features of this best barcode scanner app for android.
- QR & Barcode Scanner scans various types of QR codes including product, email, text, etc.
- After decoding it only provides relevant information to the users.
- This one of the best QR code scanner provides a quite intuitive user interface and hence, it is easy to scan with this third party scanner app.
- You can also scan coupons with QR & Barcode Scanner and avail discounts
2. Buycott – Barcode Scanner Vote
Buycott – Barcode Scanner Vote can be the best QR scanner for Android if you are a highly rational consumer. As it is a decision-oriented scanner and helps the users to make decisions while purchasing any product. This one of the best QR code reader provides a lot of information about the product scanned including its history, ingredients, etc. Along with all these features, it also offers many other advanced features to the users.
- Buycott – Barcode Scanner Vote helps you to know the history of the product you scanned.
- This one of the best app to scan QR code lets you know the ingredients of the product and if it doesn’t meet your requirements then it also provides various other alternatives of the product.
- It also allows you to share the reason for the purchase of a particular product with your friends and community.
Also Read: 10 Best Remote Desktop Apps for Android
3. ScanLife Barcode & QR Reader
Here comes another smart barcode and QR code scanner. ScanLife Barcode & QR Reader tries to contribute to an individual’s purchasing decisions. It makes you to shop smarter than ever before. Along with the product details, it provides other important information as well, including the reviews of the product. Here are some of the salient features that this one of the best barcode scanner apps offer to its users.
- It allows you to compare prices of the same product on multiple stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc.
- ScanLife Barcode & QR Reader enables you to select various latest discount offers and deals on a particular product from multiple local stores.
- The best QR code scanner app also shows reviews of other users on a product so that you can make a rational decision.
4. Lightning QR Scanner
When we talk about some best QR code scanners, we can not exclude Lightning QR Scanner from our list. As the name suggests, the Lightning QR Scanner provides a lightning-fast scanning experience. Along with its speed, it also has various other features such as privacy and security. Let’s have a look at its features.
- This one of the best QR scanner is compatible with smartphones having Android 6 or above.
- It can scan different types of QR and barcodes including UPC, ISBN, data matrix, etc.
- Lightning QR Scanner stores the history of the data of your scanned products and allows you to export it via email.
- It also allows you to use the flashlight in a dark environment.
This barcode scanner app stands out on its name, as it allows its users to scan the barcode of a product and then compares its price with the other alternatives. Along with being a barcode scanner app for rational customers, it also possesses various other features. Here are some of the features that ShopSavvy offers to its users.
- It allows you to search for products with their UPCs, barcodes, and keywords.
- ShopSavvy saves your money by comparing the best prices of a product from the local stores.
- This one of the best barcode scanner apps for android not only scans the barcodes and QR codes but also saves them.
6. Barcode Scanner by Barcode Scanner
Barcode Scanner by Barcode Scanner is a powerful app that can read and scan QR and barcodes. It can also generate barcodes. This can be considered as the best barcode scanner app, because of the speed that it offers. The app is fast enough to take you to the URL instantly by scanning a QR code. It offers quite amazing features and is far better than a barcode scanning device.
- The app is quite fast and secure.
- It also allows you to scan and decode various formats of barcodes such as text, URL, email, contacts, etc.
- The best barcode scanner app for android also allows you to create your barcodes to encode your information.
7. Barcode Scanner Pro
Here comes a professional barcode scanner application. The app is quite fast and offers a basic user interface. Barcode Scanner Pro is considered as one of the best QR code scanners because of the bunch of features that it offers despite being compact. Here are some of the important features of Barcode Scanner Pro.
- It can scan, decode, and share the QR codes
- The scanner also allows you to create your QR codes with email address, apps, contacts, etc.
- You can also share the created code as well on various social networking and messaging platforms including, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
8. QR Droid Private™
QR Droid Private™ is a powerful scanner app that can convert your Android smartphone into a dedicated QR and barcode scanner. It can scan and read QR codes, barcodes, and data matrix as well. Despite being one of the best QR code readers, it also helps you to create, import, and share the data via codes. Below mentioned features makes it one of the best QR reader for Android smartphones.
- The app provides multi-language support.
- It provides quite an intuitive user interface, so that everyone can use it easily.
- You can easily create your QR codes and even can edit the ones you have recently scanned.
- It automatically synchronizes your data on Google Drive.
9. Free QR Scanner: QR Scanner & Reader Pro
Free QR Scanner claims to be a super-fast and secure QR and barcode scanner app. It scans both 1D & 2D codes and even decodes them. Along with its intuitive user-interface, it is considered among the best barcode scanner apps. Let’s discuss some of its important and unique features.
- This app is quite easy to use.
- It offers an instant scan and doesn’t require an internet connection to scan QR codes and barcodes.
- The best QR code reader for Android also supports the flashlight of your phone to scan codes in the dark ambiance.
- Free QR Scanner securely saves your scan history.
10. QR Code Reader and Scanner: App for Android
The developers of this app are quite famous internet security providers. QR Code Reader and Scanner has been developed by Kaspersky Lab, one of the leading internet security providers. People have large expectations from this app and QR Code Reader and Scanner stands on all the expectations. It is a smart QR code reader. Along with reading and scanning the QR codes the app by Kaspersky Lab also provides security.
- It instantly alerts if a QR code contains some kind of malicious object.
- The app allows you to add contacts with the QR code that is present of business cards.
- This one of the best QR code scanners allows you to have a record of your scanning history on tips.
- QR Code Reader and Scanner is quite a fast and secure QR scanning app.
11. NeoReader Barcode Scanner
Here comes one of the most simple yet effective barcode scanner. NeoReader Barcode Scanner can be considered as the best QR code reader for android because of its vast features. Despite being a simple app, it provides features such as scanning 1D and 2D codes, automatic detection of the type of codes, QR code creation, etc. Here is a brief description of the features that it offers.
- It scans almost all kinds of 1D and 2D codes including QR, Data Matrix, EAN, etc.
- NeoReadar Barcode Scanner allows you to create your one QR codes.
- This one of the best QR code readers check URLs before visiting them after scanning a QR code.
- It also supports front and rear camera both.
14. QR & Barcode Reader
QR & Barcode Reader is a modern app for all your QR and barcode scanning requirements. This one of the best barcode scanner apps allows us to scan QR codes and barcodes, and provides information from various popular online platforms such as Amazon, Google, and eBay. Here are some of the important characteristics of this modern barcode scanner.
- It scans almost all major QR code and barcode formats.
- Just like many advanced code scanners it also provides security from the QR codes that contain malicious URLs.
- You are not requested to allow so many permissions to the app as this one of the best QR code reader for android works with minimal permissions.
- It enables you to use a flashlight in a dark environment and also allows you to zoom the code image.
15. Barcode Scanner by Zxing Team
Barcode Scanner by Zxing Team is an old QR and barcode scanning app. It has almost every basic that is required in an ideal scanner app. As this one of the best QR code reader is quite old, hence, it doesn’t get new updates on the play store. Here are some of the highlights of Barcode Scanner by Zxing Team.
- This is considered as the best android QR scanner, because it can scan the barcodes and QR codes of products, and even URLs, Data Matrix, etc.
- It also allows you to share contacts and apps in QR code.
- The scanner app is quite similar to a physical scanner device.
So, these were some of the best barcode scanner apps that you can install in your Android phones. These apps can help you to know more about the products you use. We cannot say which one is best as everyone has their specific requirements. Hence, select wisely which of the above-mentioned apps suits your requirements.
For more information about android applications, subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark it as well for regular updates.