If you want to recover lost, deleted, corrupted, or damaged files from our computer, take the help of any of the best free data recovery software provided in this article for ease.
A computer is just a machine. Your computer can save and protect a lot of different files including images, documents, songs, videos, and other important files. All these files are safe on your computer, but no matter how cautious you are some files get deleted or corrupted due to negligence, by mistake, or some other reason. Deletion or corruption of data is not fun for anyone and can cause serious troubles for you. You may think that recovering such damaged files is impossible but it isn’t so. In this article, we are going to list the top 12 best free data recovery software for Windows 10.
With the help of any of these tools, you can recover lost, deleted, corrupted, or damaged files back on your computer irrespective of the reason behind such damage. But before moving on to the best recovery software, let us explain its definition first.
What is Data Recovery Software?
As the name suggests, data recovery software is a tool that allows you to recover lost, deleted, corrupted or other data damaged due to any reason. With the help of such tools, you can recover the file in its original format and resolution. These tools can extract the original data whether it is lost due to factory reset, permanent deletion, formatting, system partition errors, Windows installation errors, transferring errors, or any other reason. Some of these also provide an option to recover files from external drives and storage devices easily. These tools can be a life-saver for you.
12 Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 10
Now that you know the purpose of data recovery software, here is a list of the top 12 best data recovery software for Windows 10 and other operating systems, with thorough reviews. We have tried and tested these products ourselves before listing them in the article. Here are some of the best tools for data recovery:
The first product in our extensive list of the best data recovery software is Wondershare Recoverit. Wondershare Corporations is a popular and renowned name in the tech world. Recoverit is a great way to recover different kinds of files like images, documents, videos, audio, and many more. The deep-scan structure of the software allows it to go deeper and find the fingerprints of the lost file.
- The software provides a recovery rate of over 96%.
- You can recover files from system memory, pen drives, memory cards, and every other storage device.
- The best feature of the software is that you can preview the files before recovery to confirm.
- You can recover all the files with the help of an easy three-step process.
Also Read: Best Windows 10 Apps that You Must Have
2. Minitool Power Data Recovery
Minitool Power Data Recovery is one of the best data recovery software for PCs. with the help of this effective tool, you can recover deleted, lost, or damaged files back to the source. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, you will face no problems in using this software. You can recover the files lost due to operating system failure.
Features of Minitool Power Data Recovery
- With the help of this recovery software, you can recover all the files accidentally deleted from the device.
- If lost, deleted, or damaged, you can recover photos, audio, videos, compressions, emails, and various other documents.
- The software can recover all types of files from the system drive, flash drives, memory cards, SSDs, HDDs, and every other storage device.
- This software allows you to recover unlimited files and data from the storage.
Recuva is an effective data recovery tool from the house of CCleaner. You can get all the lost, deleted, or damaged files back to the computer, recycle bin, digital card, MP3 player, or any other device. The best feature of this data recovery software for windows 10 is that you can recover the files even from the damaged drives.
Features of Recuva
- Apart from recovering files from the storage devices, you can also securely delete the files.
- You will get regular updates of the software right after the install.
- The software scans the system deeply and finds traces of the deleted and lost files.
- The interface of the software is very attractive yet simple and effective.
4. Glarysoft File Recovery
Glarysoft File Recovery software is one of the best free data recovery software for you. The application contains no ads or malware of any kind. Glarysoft uses an easy two-step process to scan and save the files to their original state. The software scans the devices with FAT, NTFS, NTFS + EFS interface and helps in recovering the files.
Features of Glarysoft File Recovery
- One of the best qualities of the software is that you can scan for files in partitions if you don’t remember their location.
- The integrated preview system of the software allows you to view the file even before recovery.
- Files of different types like compressed files, images, documents, etc. can be recovered with the help of the software.
- You can recover files through the trial version but advanced features are available in the paid one.
Also Read: Best USB Data Recovery Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
5. Disk Drill
The next program in our list of free data recovery software for Windows 10 and other OS. Disk Drill has a cross-platformed structure that allows you to use the software and recover files from different devices and operating systems. Recover files from HDD, USB devices, and other storage devices. You can recover images, videos, audio, documents, archives, and other files.
Features of Disk Drill
- You can use this software to recover the files from Windows PC or Mac.
- If you have lost the images from your camera, you can get those files back with the help of Disk Drill.
- The free edition of the software allows you to recover files of up to 500 MB size.
- Disk Drill has more than just one method of recovering the files from any device.
6. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro
Another great example of the best free data recovery software for Windows 10 is EaseUS. With the help of this tool, you can recover lost, formatted, deleted, or corrupted files back to their source. The software supports over 500 different file formats for recovery. You can download, install and use EaseUs to recover files from Windows PC, Windows Server, and Macs.
Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard pro
- EaseUs is free and 100% safe to use for all kinds of data recovery.
- You can also recover files lost due to system crashes or OS installation failure.
- The only drawback of the software is that you can recover the files from external drives of up to 16 TB only.
- The interface of the software supports over 20 different languages including English, German, Japanese, French, Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Chinese, and more.
7. iCare Data Recovery Free
The next name in this list of data recovery software for PC is the iCare Data Recovery Free. With the help of this software, you can recover unlimited files of different formats easily. The software is effective and completes the recovery of files within a couple of minutes. You can get both the free and the pro versions of the software for use.
Features of iCare Data Recovery Free
- Although the software is available for free, you can also get its premium version for advanced features,
- You can recover files like pictures, GIFs, videos, compressed files, game files, and more with iCare.
- The software can be installed and used to recover files from Windows Pc and servers.
- The creators of the software have provided an option to get the exe file or portable version of the software for free.
Free Undelete, as the name suggests, is one of the greatest and best data recovery software for Windows PC. The interface of the software is quite simple, straightforward, and easy to comprehend. This software provides an option to recover the files from all the partitions of your PC. FreeUndelete supports the system of NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16, and FAT32 for recovery.
Features of FreeUndelete
- You can use the software on Windows PC and servers for file and data recovery.
- Anyone can recover the files with the help of the software easily even if you are a beginner at it.
- The medium-quality 640 x 480 or higher resolution and 256 colors of the software make it usable on low-end systems.
- FreeUndelete is very lightweight and yet provides one of the best recovery services.
Also Read: Best Free Hard Drive Recovery Software for Windows 10
9. SoftPerfect File Recovery
SoftPerfect File Recovery is a great solution to all your file recovery-related problems. Although the software is quite lightweight, you can still use it for effective results. The software supports the storage devices of FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and NTFS5 extension for data recovery. Its portable version allows you to use the software even from an external device without even installing it.
Features of SoftPerfect File Recovery
- The software allows you to extract lost data even from encrypted folders and systems.
- As the version of the software is portable, you don’t have to install it to use.
- The interface of SoftPerfect is quite simple yet easy to use for all.
- You can restore the lost files to the source or some other desired location.
10. Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is a very effective tool that caters to all your recovery needs. This free data recovery software for Windows 10 is a great way to get back all the files lost due to deletion, erasure, formatting, or corruption. The software is available and recovers files from both Windows and Mac PC. you can restore images, graphics, videos, audio, emails, documents, and files of other types as well.
Features of Wise Data Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery is indeed a wise way to recover files from your system and external storage easily.
- The scanning speed of the software is one of the fastest provided by any device.
- With the help of the portable version of the software, you can recover the files without overwriting data.
- The Pro version of the software provides additional features as compared to the free one.
11. iBoySoft Data Recovery
Another software that has managed to get a place in our list of best data recovery software is iBoySoft Data Recovery. The software is available for both Windows and macOS and allows extensive recovery of data without any quality loss. The easy three-step recovery method allows you to recover data from SD cards, external HDDs, USB drives, HDDs, or any other storage devices.
Features of iBoySoft Data Recovery
- The software allows you to recover data lost due to over 100 different reasons.
- iBoySoft has different methods to recover data in the optimal quality from the system.
- You can get the clean files back even if they are infected by any kind of virus.
- The simple user interface of the software supports file recovery of over 1000 different formats.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 10
12. Stellar Data Recovery
The last name in our list of the best data recovery software for Windows 10 and other operating systems is Stellar Data Recovery. Just like Wondershare Recoverit and Minitool Power Data recovery software, the Stellar Data recovery is also built on a strong platform. You can recover all the files lost or deleted despite any reason with the help of Stellar.
Features of Stellar Data Recovery
- The software is available for Windows and Mac both for data recovery.
- The free version of the software allows you to recover files of up to 1 GB size.
- You can get the clean files back from the virus or malware-infected ones with the help of the software.
- The software poses no limits for the recovery of files for different extensions, formats, and resolutions.
- Stellar’s interactive user interface supports English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean languages.
Final Thoughts: Best Data Recovery Software Windows 10
With the help of any of the above-listed best free data recovery software for windows 10 and other operating devices, you can get all the lost files back in optimal conditions. These are some of the best tools that can help in recovering the data lost due to deletion, file corruption, or damage of any other kind.
You can recover images, documents, emails, compressed files, videos, audio, and many more files with the help of these tools. Although a free trial is provided by every single software, we recommend that you get the premium version for the ease of working and multi-level advanced features.
If you have any doubts related to the topic, write to us in the comment section below. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more interesting tech-savvy updates.