Driver Talent is good software, but it has several unattractive shortcomings. Therefore, read on to know the best and free alternatives to Driver Talent that are a better choice for updating the drivers and improving the PC performance.
One needs quite a lot of time, energy, and effort to update the drivers manually. It is something that everyone may not have. Therefore, the use of software to update the drivers automatically has become common. Driver Talent, formerly known as DriveTheLife, is among the most popular programs to get the drivers updated. However, as almost everything has its fair share of shortcomings, this driver updater also has some annoying cons that instigated us to find the best Driver Talent alternatives.
However, if you want other options as well, then below, we have also listed several similar software like Driver Talent.
Before sharing our top picks for the alternatives to Driver Talent, first, let’s look at the intolerable downsides of this software. Knowing them helps you make better decisions when it comes to choosing the best software for your requirements.
Unignorable cons of DriverTalent
- Scan scheduling is not available.
- You cannot download drivers in bulk.
- No automatic driver installations in the free version.
- Constant popups to get the paid subscription.
- No features to boost the PC performance.
- Some antivirus programs flagged it as malware.
In our humble opinion, it is not easy to ignore the above shortcomings. If you also feel the same, then read the next section to know the best free alternatives to Driver Talent.
Top 7 Driver Talent Alternatives to Try in 2021
Below is our list of the best free Driver Talent alternatives you can use this year to update the drivers without any hassles.
1. Bit Driver Updater
One of the best Driver Talent alternatives that double up as a system optimizer
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, and 10
If you are looking for an alternative to Driver Talent that can also boost PC performance, along with updating the drivers, then Bit Driver Updater is among our top recommendations. It thoroughly scans your computer for outdated drivers and lets you update them in a single click. Moreover, in addition to getting the updated version of drivers automatically, it also boosts video editing, gaming, and general PC performance. Below are some outstanding features of this software.
Remarkable features of Bit Driver Updater
- It shows the entire information about the available driver update, such as its version number, publisher’s name, and release date.
- With this program, you can create and restore driver backups.
- Bit Driver Updater allows you to schedule the scans according to your convenience.
- There is an option to create a system restore point before updating the drivers.
- If you do not wish to scan and update any driver, then you can add it to the Ignore list.
- It downloads only certified driver updates from reliable sources.
2. IOBit Driver Booster
A feature-packed alternative to Driver Talent
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7
Here comes our next choice for the best software like Driver Talent. In addition to providing the features of a regular driver updater, it also encompasses many options to boost the computer’s performance. With this software, you get updated drivers, free disk space, reduced system boot time, and a better gaming experience. Here we share its features in detail.
Incredible features of Driver Booster
- It creates a restore point before any changes are made to your computer.
- With this software, you can compare the currently installed driver with the available update.
- There are PC optimization tools to check performance issues, delete junk files, and clean the registry.
- It boasts a game booster to take your gaming performance to the next level.
- Driver Booster also offers an in-built tool to defrag the hard disk.
- With its password manager, you can securely store all your passwords in a single place.
- There is an offline driver update option to download the drivers when you do not have access to the internet.
3. Driver Genius
One of the free alternatives to Driver Talent with device diagnostic tools
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & 2000
Hardware issues often hamper the performance of an old PC. But, with Driver Genius, you no longer have to worry a lot about hardware problems. It comes with device diagnostic tools to identify and fix these issues. Along with this, it also offers several other features that brought it to our list of the best software to use instead of Driver Talent. Let’s take a look at these features.
Noteworthy features of Driver Genius
- It creates a driver backup and system restore point before updating the drivers.
- You can use the scan scheduler to automate the scan process.
- There is an uninstaller for the driver packages that you do not need.
- It comes with the system cleaner and booster options.
- Driver Genius fixes no sound problems, network connection, and various other PC issues.
- There is an in-built cleaner for the junk files.
- It lets you restore the drivers with ease if there is a need to do so.
- Boasts a game booster to elevate your gaming experience.
A free alternative to Driver Talent that also updates Windows OS components
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & Windows Server
Here is another pick for the list of the best Driver Talent alternatives. What makes this software unique is that it also updates the Windows OS components, like Oracle, C++ Runtime, etc., in addition to updating the drivers. Along with this, it also boasts a multitude of other useful features that we share below.
Laudable features of DriverMax
- Like almost all the other similar programs, it also allows you to schedule the driver scans.
- It lets you take a backup of all the drivers to be on the safe side if anything goes wrong after the driver update.
- There are four driver restoration options, i.e., restore using a system restore point, previously created backup, previously downloaded driver, or driver rollback.
- It also identifies the unknown devices existing on your computer.
- With DriverMax, you can update the drivers in one click.
5. Driver Easy
One of the best free alternatives to Driver Talent with an enormous database
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, & 7
Driver Easy is known worldwide for its gigantic database of drivers. It has over 8 million drivers in its database. And if you need any driver, then you can find it using the software’s in-built search feature. In addition to this, it boasts many other features to make updating drivers a cakewalk. Let’s discuss the same.
Praiseworthy features of Driver Easy
- You can backup the drivers before updating them.
- If things go downhill after the driver update, then you can restore the drivers effortlessly.
- It lets you delete drivers for the hardware that no longer exists on your computer.
- There is an option to hide a driver update if you do not wish to update the drivers for a particular peripheral.
- You can compare the installed drivers with available updates.
- It lets you download drivers directly from the software.
- Driver Easy shows the detailed description of the CPU, graphics card, and other PC components.
6. Ashampoo Driver Updater
A Driver Talent alternative that lets you wash away the outdated drivers easily
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, & 7
The not-so beginner-friendly interface is among the major drawbacks of Driver Talent. Therefore, we are here with Ashampoo Driver Updater that boasts a clean and straightforward UI that lets even amateur users update their drivers effortlessly. Other than a simple-to-use interface, it also boasts many features that make it one of the worth mentioning Driver Talent alternatives. We share the same below.
Praiseworthy features of Ashampoo Driver Updater
- There is an option to create driver backups and restore them.
- It lets you update all the drivers with just a click.
- This software shows all the information about drivers, such as version number, name of the publisher, release date, and more.
- It allows you to exclude a driver from the scan if you do not wish to update it.
- You can set an automatic schedule for the scan.
- It uses color schemes to show whether a driver is updated or outdated.
7. DriverPack Solution
One of the best completely free software similar to Driver Talent
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista & XP
The best thing about DriverPack Solution is that it offers all the features for free, unlike Driver Talent, hence it is among the most recommended alternatives of the latter. It downloads all the required drivers at a jet speed and offers many useful options, such as a notifier to keep a watch on the performance of your computer. Let’s discuss the prominent features of this software.
Commendable features of DriverPack Solution
- It is portable software that needs no installation.
- DriverPack Solution automatically creates a restore point before updating the drivers.
- It is a multilingual software with support for more than ten languages.
- This software downloads drivers in packs or sets. For instance, downloading a video card driver gives you drivers for various manufacturers, such as AMD, Nvidia, etc.
- It employs machine learning technology to give accurate scan results.
- You can view the entire list of the drivers existing on your PC along with the driver version.
- It comes with an option to delete the temporary files after using the needed data.
That’s all folks!
Above we have listed the software that we consider to be the best Driver Talent alternatives. You can weigh each of these programs in the light of their features and then decide accordingly. In case you think we have missed out on any outstanding software, then you can let us know via the comments section.