Nowadays, the major population across the globe is working from home. We all have to visit numerous sites over the web while working. It may hamper the security of the confidential data of our employers and our system as well. As with the increase in remote workforce, cybercrimes are also increasing. At our workplaces, we do have quite good security software installed in our systems. But, we usually don’t have such internet security software installed on our home PCs. So there is a risk of malware getting installed on your PC. Don’t worry as in this write-up we’ll discuss some best free internet security software for Windows 10 PC. These can provide you quite good internet security for free.
Although, you can use Microsoft’s default security software, i.e., Windows Defender. But we all know about the effectiveness of Windows Defender. Hence, it becomes quite necessary to have third-party best internet security software at your rescue. So, without wasting any further time, let’s move straight to the list of some free internet security software for Windows 10.
Read Also : 13 Best Free Antivirus Software for Windows 10
7 Best Free Internet Security Software for Windows 10 in 2020
Here are some of the best free internet security software that you must have installed on your PCs while working from home. Along with being free and saving your money, they also save your system from malicious objects.
1. ITL Total Security
ITL Total Security has occupied the first place on our list of best internet security software for Windows 10. This software from Innovana Think Labs provides complete security to your system. It provides security to your Windows 10 PC from various malware items such as viruses, spyware, adware, etc. Although the software is not completely free, it provides enough features to provide your Windows device impeccable internet security. Let’s discuss some of its salient features.
- The utility offers real-time security to your device. It continuously scans your device and detects any malicious item present on it.
- ITL Total Security has a Firewall Security feature that allows you to block any malicious website or URL. It also detects malicious networks.
- You can block and allow connection to the applications you want with this one of the best internet security software.
- It installs various security add-ons to provide you with a secure browsing experience.
- Along with internet security, the software also scans external storage devices such as Pen Drive, External Hard Disk, etc. Hence, it provides security from the malware that can be transmitted to your device through external storage devices.
2. 360 Total Security
In the second place, we have 360 Total Security. It is one of the most famous security software in the world. 360 Total Security is developed by a China-based software company, Qihoo. It is recognized as one of the best free internet security software in the world. 360 Total Security has two versions, one is the full version i.e., 360 Total Security, and the other is the compact version, i.e., 360 Total Security Essentials. The Essentials version comes with all the necessary features that are required in an ideal internet security software.
- 360 Total Security provides security from many malware objects such as viruses, spyware, etc.
- It also provides a safe online shopping experience by keeping your payment details safe from being leaked or stolen.
- This one of the best internet security software for windows protects you from malicious sites, URLs, and phishing pages while you surf the internet.
- It also prevents malware to be transmitted from external storage devices.
3. Panda Free Antivirus
The name seems quite unusual for internet security software, but Panda Free Antivirus is an effective utility. The Panda Free Antivirus is a lightweight antivirus software that provides many other features as well. This one of the best internet security software has many solid basic features to provide security to your device. Although it lacks many advanced features. Still, it is far better than Windows Defender.
- It uses very few resources of your Windows system.
- The utility is quite easy to use.
- Panda Free Antivirus has been developed in such a way that it performs most of the tasks automatically, so just “install and forget”.
- This one of the best internet security software for Windows provides free internet security to its users by filtering and analyzing the URLs and websites while they browse the web.
4. Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus can undoubtedly be considered as one of the best free internet security software. It performs exceptionally well as compared to various other big competitors including, McAfee, Norton, etc. It is free and still matches the standard of various paid internet security providing software. Avira Free Antivirus can easily outperform your expectations as well. Here are some of the amazing features that Avira Free Antivirus offers.
- This anti-malware utility offers real-time protection to your Windows PC.
- It is based on a cloud database hence, it stays updated to prevent your PC from new threats.
- Avira Free Antivirus provides free extensions for several browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. that can detect and block malicious webpages, and ad-tackers.
- It also helps you to uninstall unwanted applications.
5. Comodo Internet Security
Comodo Internet Security has been developed by the Comodo Group. The company has released this free internet security software for the first time in 2014. Since then the software is considered as one of the best internet security software for Windows. Here are some of the salient features that Comodo Internet Security offers to its users.
- As the product has been developed recently, hence, Comodo Internet Security is quite updated. It can protect your system effectively from the recent malware threats.
- It can detect and remove the existing malware threats such as viruses, spyware, etc. from your Windows 10 PC.
- This one of the best internet security software detects the malicious websites and suspicious publishers.
- Additionally, it also provides a game boosting feature to optimize the operations while you play games.
6. Kaspersky Security Cloud Free
Here comes another famous name in internet security software. Kaspersky Security Cloud Free is the free internet security utility that the Russian multinational company Kaspersky Labs offers to the users. Despite being free, it is an editor’s choice utility for internet security. It is highly recommended because of the advanced features that it offers for free. Here are some of the unique features of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.
- This one of the best software for internet security on Windows, provides a quite simple setting and user interface as compared to other competitors.
- It has a strong system to detect and block the malicious URLs.
- Kaspersky Security Cloud Free also has a good phishing protection system.
- It also allows you to have a look at quarantined files.
7. Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Antivirus is one of the commonly used antivirus. It is one of the oldest antiviruses also. The free version of the Avast antivirus provides some decent features as well. It can be considered as a good internet security software. Along with the basic features, Avast Free Antivirus also provides a couple of advanced features, which makes it one of the best free internet security software.
- It detects and blocks viruses and other malicious items in real-time.
- Avast Free Antivirus provides security from malicious network as well.
- It also helps you to secure your passwords in its vault and helps you to log in to your online accounts with one click only.
- This free internet security software also protects from phishing websites.
Currently, it is necessary to have an efficient internet security software installed on your home Windows PC as well. You can rely on any of the best free internet security software that is mentioned above. Each one of them is unique in its own way. It’s up to you that what kind of expectations and requirements you have from an internet security software. However, one thing is confirmed that you’ll get premium internet security for free, if you have any of the above mentioned software installed on your Windows 10 PC.
For more such tech-related information subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark it for regular updates.