Some people are quite sensitive about their music collection. Hence, for them, the arrangement and organization of music tracks based on their title, artist name, genre, etc. is quite important. Although, most of the music players now come with an option to sync online details of the music tracks. They provide all the details and meta tags of the songs from the web. However, sometimes the information that they provide doesn’t seem correct. In that scenario, you require some of the best free mp3 tag editor for mac or any other device.
This writeup focuses solely on the free mp3 tag editors for mac and their features. So, without wasting any further time, let’s move straight to the list of some best mp3 tag editor software for mac.
11 Best MP3 Tag Editor For Mac in 2020
Below we have listed some of the best free mp3 tag editor for mac. These applications can help you with organizing your music collection for effectively and accurately.
The first name on our list is Metabliss. It is one of those free mp3 tag editor applications that provide multiple features to its users. Although Metabliss is not free, the software provides quite decent features in its free trial version. That’s the reason why we have listed it on our list. Let’s discuss some salient features of Metabliss.
- It is a cross-platform software and is available for the Windows operating system as well.
- The software allows you to edit and customize the old tags with just a few clicks.
- You can edit and customize the metadata of multiple soundtracks at once. Hence, it also saves your time.
- Metabliss offers quite an intuitive user interface. Hence you are not required to be a tech geek to use it.
- You can also add new tags to the mp3 files via Metabliss.
2. Music Tag Editor
Music Tag Editor is one of the fastest metadata editor software. You can edit mp3 tags quite quickly with this application. The software is free. Although if you want some advanced features, then you must opt for a paid version. Here are some of the unique features that Music Tag Editor offers.
- You can download this free mp3 photo tag editor software to edit the cover photos of the soundtracks.
- Along with photo tags, it can be used to edit most of the mp3 tags.
- Music Tag Editor supports iTunes tags as well.
- You can even process multiple soundtracks at once using this best free mp3 tag editor for mac.
- It also supports dark mode.
Here comes a multi-feature mp3 tag editor software. iMusic is not primarily made to edit tags of mp3 files. It is a music player that also serves as a free mp3 tag editor for mac. Here are the features that this multi-feature application offers to its users.
- Along with editing tags, it allows you to transfer songs between iTunes and your Apple device.
- You can also transfer tracks between iTunes and Android devices.
- It allows you to burn CDs as well.
- iMusic also allows you to edit iTunes tags of the soundtracks.
- Although the app is paid, but it also offers a free version.
4. MusicBrainz Picard
MusicBrainz Picard is considered as one of the next generation free mp3 tag editor software. It allows you to edit and customize almost all mp3 tags. Along with that, it is also a cross-platform software. Hence, you can use it on your Windows system as well. It also possesses many other features. Here are some of the features of MusicBrainz Picard.
- Along with mp3, it also supports various other audio formats including, WAV, FLAC, WMA, etc.
- It is highly compatible with many platforms such as macOS, Windows, Linux, and OS X.
- MusicBrainz Picard can identify mp3 files with their music only. It doesn’t require metadata.
If you are looking for a software to edit mp3 tags of multiple files, then Kid3 is one of the best free mp3 tag editor for mac. It is completely free and provides a bunch of advanced features. Along with the bunch of advanced features, Kid3 also supports several audio files. Let’s have a look at some of the salient features of Kid3
- It can easily edit tags of multiple audio files in a batch.
- The software is entirely free.
- Kid3 is also highly compatible with multiple platforms such as macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux.
- It can also import data from MusicBrainz, Amazon, TrackType.org, and various other sources.
- You can even export the data in CSV, HTML, Kover XML, and many other formats as well.
Metadatics is an advanced yet free mp3 tag editor software. It is a powerful software to edit metadata tags of soundtracks. It offers metadata from various online sources, and also allows you to customize them. It also offers batch editing. Along with all these features, it offers many other as well. Here are some of the key features of Metadatics.
- You can manipulate or we can say customize the metadata of a song with Metadatics. It offers a lot of functions to do so.
- It can also edit photo tags of the albums. Hence if you want to edit photo tags as well, then you can download this free mp3 photo tag editor software.
- Metadatics allows you to edit tags of multiple audio files at once with its batch editing feature.
- It supports multiple audio files such as mp3, WAC, FLAC, WMA, etc.
TuneUp is one of the lightest mp3 tag editor on this list. However, it is not completely free, that’s why we cannot consider it as one of the best free mp3 tag editor for mac. It offers a free demo version and because of which this utility made it to our list. So, let’s have a look at the features that TuneUp provides to its users.
- It automatically organizes your digital music collection.
- TuneUp works on a waveform recognition technology. Hence, it detects the acoustic fingerprints of the soundtrack and provides you with the details about it.
- It also removes duplicate songs from the system.
- The utility also helps you to organize your music collection before you upload it to your cloud storage.
8. Tag Editor for Mac
Tag Editor for Mac is one of the best mp3 tag editor for Mac developed by Amvidia. The name implies what it does. You can edit the tags of the mp3 files, in fact, most of the audio files with Tag Editor for Mac. It also allows you to do batch processing of the audio tracks. In short, it helps you a lot in organizing your music collection. Here are some more features of Tag Editor for Mac.
- It even allows you to change the name of audio files.
- You can process multiple songs at once using the batch processing feature.
- Tag Editor for Mac helps you to cut, copy, and paste the tags.
- The software enables you to edit the cover photo of the audio track.
- You can also load tags from various online sources and iTunes.
- Most importantly, it is free to download.
This is the software that is specially designed to edit metadata of audio files. Meta allows you to change and edit the meta tags of audio files. You can not use it for other multimedia files apart from audio files. It can be a helpful audio tag editor in every aspect. Here are the salient features that Meta offers to its users.
- You can edit and change the cover photo of the song with this tag editor.
- It is quite fast when it comes to making changes in metadata of audio files.
- The user interface is quite intuitive, hence you can operate Meta effortlessly.
- It allows you to customize the meta tags of songs even with your keyboard only.
- Meta is not a complete free mp3 tag editor, although it provides a free trial version.
This one is the most popular application among the ones we have listed here. Wondershare UniConverter, which is originally known as Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, is primarily a video editing software. Although it also possesses features to edit and customize mp3 tags of audio files. It is developed by one of the famous developers of such applications, i.e., Wondershare. UniConverter offers quite decent features.
- Along with editing meta tags of audio files, it allows you to edit audio files as well.
- You can burn audio tracks to CDs and DVDs using this software.
- It offers a free version as well.
- UniConverter allows you to edit and customize meta tags of audio files manually and automatically as well.
- It has quite a simple user interface.
11. Music Tag Pro
Here comes a freeware to edit audit tags. Music Tag Pro is a free mp3 tag editor for Mac. Despite being a freeware, it possesses quite decent features. These features, including batch processing, automatic online synchronization, etc. are enough to make it one of the best free mp3 tag editor for mac. Let’s have a look at the features of Music Tag Pro.
- First of all, it is completely free. You can edit all major tags of an audio file with Music Tag Pro for free.
- The freeware also provides you with the feature of online synchronization. It can automatically fill the meta tags of audio files by synchronizing the data from various online sources.
- All major audio file formats are supported by Music Tag Pro.
- It also possesses a batch processing feature to make changes in meta tags of multiple audio files at the same time.
So, these are some of the famous mp3 tag editor applications for Mac. Each one of them possesses some distinctive features. Hence, it depends on the individual, which one is the best free mp3 tag editor for Mac. You can select any one of the above-listed applications and can organize your music library on Mac quite easier than before.
That’s all for now. If you want more such information, then subscribe to Innovana Blogs, and also bookmark the page.