Along with a scanner device, you also require an appropriate best free scanner software for your Windows 10, 8, or 7 PC to scan a document properly. Read on to know more about some suitable document scanner software for your PC.
As the technology has evolved, people have started storing documents digitally. For this you just require a scanner or digital camera and a scanner software. It is very important to have a good scanning software to ensure the quality of the documents. Hence, in this write-up, we have brought a list of some best free scanner software.
Now people have become more concerned about the environment. People avoid making photocopies of their documents to save paper. Instead of photocopying, they use some document scanner software to digitally store their documents. It also helps them to share their documents more easily with others. As all they have to do is to share the scanned documents via email or any other method. So, without wasting any further time, let’s move to the list of some best scanner software for Windows 10.
13 Best Free Scanner Software For Windows 10 in 2021
Here we have listed some best free scanner software available for your Windows 10 PC. These scanner applications can scan your documents to PDF for free.
1. Adobe Acrobat (Recommended)
Who doesn’t know about Adobe? The company offers several essential utilities ranging from a photo management tool to the best scanner software for Windows. This scanning utility from Adobe finds its place in our list for several reasons such as easy PDF creation and modification. Moreover, it also encompasses a plethora of additional functionalities and features. Let’s have a look at the prominent ones out of them.
- Lets you comment on the shared PDFs through your Adobe Document Cloud.
- Hosts a unique functionality to differentiate between two PDF file copies.
- Boasts a text indexing feature to quickly search for the required PDF.
- With this software, you can even convert the pictures clicked from the phone into PDF.
- The software has a fairly easy to use and straightforward interface.
- It not only lets you create PDFs but also allows you to sign them digitally.
2. ABBYY FineReader
Here comes another free scanner software for Windows 10 to accurately create and scan PDF documents. Due to the high document accuracy, this software is a favorite of millions worldwide. Apart from this, what attracted us to this tool includes automatic document indexing. In addition to this, below are its other striking features.
- Boasts a photo editor to enhance the quality of old printed document’s xeroxes.
- The software hosts an effective document comparison option to spot errors in the scanned documents with ease.
- With this software, you can convert the documents to multiple formats.
- It is a complete PDF editing tool with features such as form creation, digital document signature, watermark and page number addition, and more.
- The tool even allows you to correct an entire sentence or paragraph and adjust the document layout as per your preferences.
3. Readiris Pro 17
This is another free scanner software for Windows 10 that we recommend. The reason is that it uses high-end OCR technology to scan and convert your paper documents into PDFs. Moreover, it is a feature-rich software with options such as adding comments and annotations to the PDF and more. Let’s talk about the central ones out of them.
- With this software, you can convert PDFs into editable formats such as DOC, XLS, etc.
- The tool allows you to combine and split the PDF files as per your requirement.
- Voice annotations and text-to-speech functions are available for reading PDFs with ease.
- Encompasses cloud support for effortless PDF sharing and management.
- Boasts compatibility with almost all the scanner devices and availability of over 130 languages.
As the name suggests, it is among the best free scanner software for Windows 10 to speedily scan and convert pictures or documents into PDF. What we found attractive about this utility is its ability to scan multiple photos in one go and fix the photo quality when it is not up to the mark. Apart from this, below are its other features that delight the users.
- Lets you scan slideshows, digital photo frames, album pages, and even scrapbooks.
- Allows you to name a file with the information that you want to include such as date, number, and more.
- With this software, you can also change the picture orientation as per your wish.
- Supports direct picture scanning from albums. Hence, you don’t need to rip the pictures to scan them.
- It has one of the most user-friendly interfaces that we have seen in any scanning software for Windows 10.
If you are looking for a free scanner software for Windows 10 to scan pictures, then perhaps this is the best choice that you can make. It lets you make most of your scanner and come up with high-quality picture scans. Below we discuss some of its commendable features.
- There is a raw file option to save files, reopen, and edit them at a later date.
- Encompasses auto save and auto print functionalities.
- There is support for multiple file formats such as JPEG, TIFF, and more.
- Hosts a multi-exposure function to perform two scans with different exposures and then combine them into a single image.
- Boasts the much-needed color calibration feature to ensure the colors in the scanned image match the original picture.
6. OmniPage Standard
When the discussion is about the best document scanner software, the name of OmniPage Standard cannot be skipped. Like Adobe Acrobat, it also gives editable PDFs and word documents as the scan result. Moreover, it also hosts many incredible features. We discuss the central ones out of them below.
- Boasts a batch manager to perform multiple tasks automatically.
- It lets you compare and edit all types of files side-by-side.
- With this software, you can scan pages in approximately 120 languages.
- There is cloud integration for easy file sharing.
- It allows you to save the PDF file in various formats such as HTML and more.
The name is an acronym for Not Another PDF Scanner and it is also among one of the best document scanner software that you can try. It offers some incredible features such as support for multiple file formats to make scanning a smooth experience for you. Here we discuss the central ones out of them.
- It lets you set up more than one scanning profile comprising of different name, resolution, size, etc.
- Boasts a portable version so that you can scan documents without hogging the PC space.
- The software is straightforward with a clean UI so that even beginners can use it effortlessly.
- It has high compatibility with both WIA and TWAIN.
- Hosts basic editing tools to crop, rotate, brighten, and change the contrast of images.
This is another free scanner software for Windows 10 to turn your physical documents into more useful PDF forms. The tool is flexible enough to suit the needs of almost all users. Below are more of its noteworthy features.
- Boasts data extraction functionalities such as disparate data collection and more.
- Hosts unique handwriting recognition and indexing options.
- With this software, you can share and manage documents on the cloud effortlessly.
- The UI is easy to use for both personal as well as business use.
9. PaperScan Scanner Software
PaperScan Scanner Software is quite effective software when it comes to scan the documents to PDF files on Windows 10. The software also provides quite an intuitive user interface to the users. Despite being a freeware, it comes with multiple features such as TWAIN & WIA scanning, OCR, color detection, etc. Here are some of the features of this one of the best document scanner software.
- It offers a certain batch of TWAIN & WIA scanning or import.
- Along with PDF, it also allows you to save a document in many other formats, including TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.
- The software also offers many other post image processing tools such as color space conversion, filters, color adjustments, etc.
- PaperScan Scanner Software also offers PDF encryption.
10. Office Lens
Here comes the official scanner for Microsoft. Office Lens can be considered as one of the best free scanner software because of its authenticity and features. Here are some of the features that this free PDF scanner application for Windows 10 offers to its users.
- The software can enhance the image quality of the scanned documents.
- It allows you to save the scanned document in various formats such as PDF, JPEG, Word File, etc.
- You can also save the scanned documents as a cloud backup on OneDrive.
- The application is free. You can get it from Microsoft Store.
- Office Lens provides multi-lingual support.
NAPS2 is not just another PDF scanner. The funny fact is that NAPS2 literally stands for “Not Another PDF Scanner 2”. As the name suggests, it is not just a PDF scanner, it provides various other features as well. You can get most of the advanced scanning features in NAPS2. That’s the reason why it is considered as one of the best document scanner software for Windows 10. Here are some of the features that NAPS2 offers to its users.
- It supports multiple file formats and can scan documents to PDF, JPEG, and various other formats.
- NAPS2 offers OCR (optical character recognition) feature as well and that too in more than 100 languages.
- This scanner application highly supports WIA and TWAIN both.
- It also offers features such as ADF and glass flatbed.
- Along with all these features, it is a completely free scanner app for Windows.
12. KRYSTAL Document Management System
This software is not particularly designed for scanning documents. It is designed to perform complete document management tasks. Along with scanning documents, it performs many other tasks as well. Here are the features that this one of the best document scanner software offers to the users, along with various other capabilities.
- Along with scanning the documents, it can also index, capture, manage, retrieve, and share important documents.
- It can efficiently replace the paper-based document management system to electronically based document management system.
- KRYSTAL Document Management System can save a huge amount for you by performing multiple tasks.
- Despite having so many features, it has quite an intuitive user interface.
13. Free Scanner Software
As the name suggests, Free Scanner Software is a freeware that is used to scan documents. It offers various features for free, hence it is considered as one of the best free scanner software. The application can be used quite easily. Here are some of the features that this free PDF scanner app offers.
- It has quite an intuitive design.
- Free Scanner Software supports various file formats.
- It can use network scanners as well
- The app is highly compatible with most of the recent versions of Windows including, Windows 7, 8, and, 10.
There a multiple benefits of storing your documents digitally. These some of the best free scanner software can help you in efficiently storing your documents digitally. Each one of them has their unique features and compatibility. You can evaluate them and select the one which suits your requirements.
For more such information, subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark it as well for regular updates.