As the technology has evolved, people have started storing documents digitally. For this you just require a scanner or digital camera and a scanner software. It is very important to have a good scanning software to ensure the quality of the documents. Hence, in this write-up, we have brought a list of some best free scanner software.
Now people have become more concerned about the environment. People avoid making photocopies of their documents to save paper. Instead of photocopying, they use some document scanner software to digitally store their documents. It also helps them to share their documents more easily with others. As all they have to do is to share the scanned documents via email or any other method. So, without wasting any further time, let’s move to the list of some best scanner software for Windows 10.
10 Best Free Scanner Software For Windows 10 in 2020
Here we have listed some best free scanner software available for your Windows 10 PC. These scanner applications can scan your documents to PDF for free.
1. PaperScan Scanner Software
PaperScan Scanner Software is quite effective software when it comes to scan the documents to PDF files on Windows 10. The software also provides quite an intuitive user interface to the users. Despite being a freeware, it comes with multiple features such as TWAIN & WIA scanning, OCR, color detection, etc. Here are some of the features of this one of the best document scanner software.
- It offers a certain batch of TWAIN & WIA scanning or import.
- Along with PDF, it also allows you to save a document in many other formats, including TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.
- The software also offers many other post image processing tools such as color space conversion, filters, color adjustments, etc.
- PaperScan Scanner Software also offers PDF encryption.
2. Office Lens
Here comes the official scanner for Microsoft. Office Lens can be considered as one of the best free scanner software because of its authenticity and features. Here are some of the features that this free PDF scanner application for Windows 10 offers to its users.
- The software can enhance the image quality of the scanned documents.
- It allows you to save the scanned document in various formats such as PDF, JPEG, Word File, etc.
- You can also save the scanned documents as a cloud backup on OneDrive.
- The application is free. You can get it from Microsoft Store.
- Office Lens provides multi-lingual support.
NAPS2 is not just another PDF scanner. The funny fact is that NAPS2 literally stands for “Not Another PDF Scanner 2”. As the name suggests, it is not just a PDF scanner, it provides various other features as well. You can get most of the advanced scanning features in NAPS2. That’s the reason why it is considered as one of the best document scanner software for Windows 10. Here are some of the features that NAPS2 offers to its users.
- It supports multiple file formats and can scan documents to PDF, JPEG, and various other formats.
- NAPS2 offers OCR (optical character recognition) feature as well and that too in more than 100 languages.
- This scanner application highly supports WIA and TWAIN both.
- It also offers features such as ADF and glass flatbed.
- Along with all these features, it is a completely free scanner app for Windows.
The next name on our list is CloudScan. It is a free online scanning software. CloudScan is a feature-rich free PDF scanner application. Hence, it is considered among the best free scanner software. Here are some of the advanced features that CloudScan provides to the users without charging any cost.
- It allows you to scan your documents in PDF, TIFF, and PDF/A formats.
- The software is quite fast as compared to other options available.
- You can use it in more than one PC without even installing it.
- It enhances the image quality of the document.
- CloudScan is highly compatible with TWAIN.
- You are just required to have a web browser to use this scanner software.
5. KRYSTAL Document Management System
This software is not particularly designed for scanning documents. It is designed to perform complete document management tasks. Along with scanning documents, it performs many other tasks as well. Here are the features that this one of the best document scanner software offers to the users, along with various other capabilities.
- Along with scanning the documents, it can also index, capture, manage, retrieve, and share important documents.
- It can efficiently replace the paper-based document management system to electronically based document management system.
- KRYSTAL Document Management System can save a huge amount for you by performing multiple tasks.
- Despite having so many features, it has quite an intuitive user interface.
6. PDF Document Scanner
PDF Document Scanner is the most ideal software when it comes to scan documents to PDF for free. The software is highly compatible with the latest version of Windows, i.e., Windows 10. It is considered as one of the best free scanner software. Here are some of the salient features that make it a decent free scanner app.
- The software offers an easy to use interface.
- It allows you to capture the image of a document and adjust it into a frame.
- PDF Document Scanner saves the scanned document into a PDF file.
- You can even save the digital copy of your document on the cloud storage with PDF Document Scanner.
7. HP Scan and Capture
HP offers various good scanning devices. The manufacturers also provide an application that supports their scanning devices. HP Scan and Capture is that application. It is a completely free document scanner software. The application is highly compatible with the latest versions of Windows operating systems. Here are some of its unique features.
- It detects the HP scanning devices that are connected to the PC.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have any HP scanning device connected to your system. It also works without the HP scanner devices.
- HP Scan and Capture provides basic features to process the scanned documents such as framing and editing.
- It converts the scanned document to PDF in Windows 10 PC.
8. Free Scanner Software
As the name suggests, Free Scanner Software is a freeware that is used to scan documents. It offers various features for free, hence it is considered as one of the best free scanner software. The application can be used quite easily. Here are some of the features that this free PDF scanner app offers.
- It has quite an intuitive design.
- Free Scanner Software supports various file formats.
- It can use network scanners as well
- The app is highly compatible with most of the recent versions of Windows including, Windows 7, 8, and, 10.
EasyScan is one of the oldest scanner software. It is completely free. Although the software is quite old, hence, it is not compatible with the latest version of Windows. Here are some of the salient features that make it one of the highly preferred document scanner software.
- The software offers quite an easy yet powerful user interface.
- It is a compact software hence, it is suitable for PCs having low configurations.
- EasyScan is compatible with PCs having Windows XP and 7.
- Despite being an old software, EasyScan offers quite decent functions.
- It also offers multi-lingual support.
Also Know: 10 Best Junk File Cleaner Software For Windows 10
Looking for an ideal free PDF scanner application? Here it is. WinScan2PDF possess almost all the necessary features. It can instantly scan and convert your documents into a PDF file. Also, it offers various advanced features. Hence, it can easily be considered as one of the best free scanner applications.
- The application is quite fast and can scan and convert your document into PDF in a few seconds.
- It is compact yet effective. Hence, you are not required to have a PC with high configurations to use WinScan2PDF.
- The application provides a multi-language support.
- It offers regular updates to the users.
There a multiple benefits of storing your documents digitally. These some of the best free scanner software can help you in efficiently storing your documents digitally. Each one of them has their unique features and compatibility. You can evaluate them and select the one which suits your requirements.
For more such information, subscribe to Innovana blogs and bookmark it as well for regular updates.