Want to capture Screenshots on Windows PC? If yes, then here’re some tools to help you do it with ease.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.” It expresses what words fail to convey. If you also believe the same and are looking for a free snipping tool for Windows to take screenshots and express yourself through them, we got you covered. Here, in this blog post, I have shared the best free snipping tools for Windows that are tried and tested by me. I find them very convenient and useful. Surely, you’ll also be amazed by them, but before going any further, let me explain something about the snipping tools.
What is a Snipping Tool?
As the name suggests, a Snipping Tool is a utility that allows you to click screenshots on your computer as well as edit and crop them as you like. With the help of a Snipping Tool, you can delft the area you want to capture and take a screenshot of the same within seconds. These tools are very easy to use for both beginners and professionals.
Top 10 Best Free Snipping Tools for Windows 10, 8, 7
Here are the apps you need to capture the screen on your Windows PC and use the pictures to express yourself in the best possible way.
1. Screen Rec
This tool finds its place at the top of the list as it offers the most convenient method to snip, i.e., take a screenshot. All you must remember is a simple keyboard shortcut (Alt+S) to do the work. Not only this, it lets you capture HD shots with just a single click, annotate, and share them in a fraction of seconds. Further, it also saves your pictures automatically on the cloud so that they don’t get lost anywhere.
Features of Screen Rec
- With the help of the best free snipping tool for Windows, you can easily capture with a single click.
- The software allows you to comment and annotate the screenshot as you like.
- You can also share the screenshots on different platforms with the help of the program.
- The program has a cross-platformed structure for different devices.
2. Snipping Tool ++
If your priority is a simple user interface resembling the built-in Windows utility, this is the best free snipping tool for Windows you can download for free. It not one of those fancy applications, but it offers the most clutter-free editing options. Along with this, using this tool is also easy as pie.
Features of Snipping Tool ++
- With the help of this free snipping tool, you can click an image of anything on your screen.
- The interface of the software is quite similar to that of the built-in Windows Snipping Tool.
- This software is available for free to use for you.
- You can capture and edit the images from your computer within a couple of minutes.
This is the best free snipping tool for people who want to capture and share screenshots at a lightning-fast speed. It enables you to share the screenshots instantly with its inbuilt link. In addition to this, it lets you seamlessly edit and save the images in any format, including png, jpg, gif, and pdf.
Features of Lightshot
- A great feature of this best free snipping tool for windows 10 is that it allows you to capture any particular part of the screen.
- You can share all the screenshots through this app to other platforms.
- The software is built on a cross-platformed structure so that it can be downloaded on different platforms.
- You can also find similar images on your computer with the help of this software.
This free snipping tool for Windows 10 offers you the best editing options in the town. Some of the options, such as color picker, pixel ruler, and color palette, are comparable to even Photoshop. Do not miss it if you want a wide range of editing choices as it has seemingly never-ending capabilities to edit an image.
Features of PicPick
- This best free snipping tool for Windows allows you to capture anything and everything.
- You can share all the captured images to email, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, and other platforms.
- The advanced settings of the software provide more power in your hands.
- The software allows you to edit, add effects and create an image according to your preferences.
This is the free snipping tool alternative for Windows preferred by many famous companies. It has a massive range of features, including different capturing modes, hotkey support, the capability to capture the content in scrolling windows, etc. Along with these fantastic features, it also lets you record videos in HD quality and supports screencasts. This is something that not all the tools offer.
Features of Screenpresso
- Screenpresso is one of the best free snipping tools for windows that is lightweight as well as effective.
- You can share all the captured images to Evernote, Google Drive, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, and other platforms.
- With the help of the integrated editor of the software, you can edit the image and create one as you like.
- Apart from images, you can also capture videos with the help of this software.
This incredibly amazing snipping tool has a lot to offer. Here, in addition to a minimalistic user interface, you get functionalities to edit videos, add effects, manipulate, edit, and share them without any hassle. On top of all, this is the best tool on this list in terms of creativity.
- Share X is one of the few best free snipping tools for Windows that has an open-sourced structure.
- You can easily capture the screen of your computer with the help of this software.
- The app is lightweight and does not allow any ads for your ease.
- This program supports over 80 destinations.
7. Ashampoo Snap 12
This free snipping tool available for Windows is best known for its precision and flexibility. It offers image editing options through which you can conveniently add arrows, numbers, graphics, etc. In addition to this, the snapped picture automatically adapts to the display settings and is easily shareable using mail. Further, the images are saved on the cloud to stay protected from their loss.
Features of Ashampoo Snap 12
- Ashampoo Snap 12, one of the best snipping tools, supports over 20 different languages including English, French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Italian, and others.
- The software has multiple modes to capture the picture and videos of the screen.
- With the help of built-in OCR technology, you can also extract data from images.
- You can apply filters, patterns, gradients, and many other edits to the images captured.
No matter how silly the name sounds, DuckCapture is a fantastic windows 10 snipping tool alternative available for free download. It has numerous offerings ranging from seamless editing to sharing the captured screenshot. Moreover, the app also enables you to send the image through email or FTP. Do not let this tool go and give it a try. You’ll surely love using it as much as I do.
Features of DuckCaptuer
- This best free snipping tool for Windows allows you to capture images in four ways; Region, Window, Scrolling, and Full Screen.
- The software is available to download for free.
- You can save the captured images in three different formats of your choice.
- The program is loaded with multiple keyboard shortcuts for ease of access.
This tool finds a spot in the list of the best snipping tools for Windows due to the reason that all its sections, ranging from the screenshot to editing, are loaded with impressive features. Here you can even capture the screen using multiple methods, add highlights and annotate the screenshot, and easily save the same for later use. Further, this tool also enables you to use dedicated hotkeys for particular capturing modes.
Features of Greenshot
- With the help of this best free snipping tool for windows 10, you can capture selected regions, windows, or fullscreen.
- The user interface of Greenshot is quite interactive and intuitive.
- You can also edit, comment, and annotate the images captured.
- The app provides different ways to use the picture through save to file, send to the printer, copy to clipboard, etc.
Also Know: Best Facebook Video Downloader Online
This is the must-have snipping tool if you want a user interface free from clutter. Its simple design will never leave you confused. Further, here you get always available customer support from its makers, known as TechSmith. The interface is not attractive, like the other competitive tools. Still, even then, it is one of the most productive means to capture screenshots for work, education, and other personal purposes.
Features of Jing
- This best free snipping tool for Windows allows you to capture a region or the whole screen of your computer.
- The app allows you to share the images or videos to Screencast or TechSmith Knowmia.
- The software has an active integration with Snagit and Camtasia.
- With the help of Jing, you can capture high-end images from your screen easily.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Best Free Snipping Tools for Windows 10
For further help on the best free snipping tools for Windows, take a look at these frequently asked questions for assistance:
Q.1 What is the best replacement for a snipping tool?
It is quite hard to find the best replacement for the built-in Windows Snipping Tool. Many developers claim to have the best, but it is not quite true. So, we have tested over 50 different programs and listed the top 10 for you. Download and install any of these programs and use them to capture videos or images of your screen.
Q.2 What is the best snipping tool for Windows?
As explained above, it is hard to find the best snipping tool for Windows. Many programs contain malware and viruses that can hurt your data. So, it is good that you choose wisely. We have listed the best free snipping tools for Windows that can help you in capturing the screen effectively.
Q.3 What is a free snipping tool?
A free snipping tool is a program that allows you to capture a region or the full screen of the Window. You can capture videos and images with the help of such tools.
Q.4 How to use snipping tools in windows 10?
The process to use any snipping tool in Windows 10 is very easy. Just launch the program, select the mode of capturing and capture the screen.
Q.5 How do I install Snipping Tool on Windows 10?
You can easily install the snipping tool on your Windows 10 with the help of some simple steps. Download the setup futile, launch the file, follow the instructions, and install the software.
Final Words: Snipping Tools for Windows Free
These were some of the best free snipping tools for Windows used by me. Download and install any of these programs to capture videos or images of a particular region or the whole screen of your device. These programs are not only effective but also provide lots of editing, annotation, commenting, and numerous other features. With the help of a Snipping Tool, you can create tutorials, presentation images, and more. Give these products a try and let the pictures do the talking.
There is always a scope for learning. We would love to hear your suggestions and if you have some questions related to the topic, write to us in the comment section below. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more interesting updates.