Extensions are a very important factor in running Google Chrome. We have listed some of the best extensions for Google Chrome that ensure the safety of your data.
Google Chrome has become the most preferred browser for all personal and official browsing requirements. What makes it popular are its built-in security options such as Incognito Mode, data control features, etc. Although all these features are available, still people search for the best Google Chrome security extensions to keep their data protected from the prying eyes of hackers.
These must-have Chrome extensions take your privacy and security a notch up by adding an extra security layer. But, out of the plethora of Chrome security plugins available online, you must choose the most reliable one for your browser. Using unreliable security extensions for Chrome puts your system at risk and makes it buggy.
Therefore, we’ve handpicked the most trusted and authentic Chrome security plugins to make Google Chrome safer for you. Through this blog, we share the same.
18 Must-have Security Extensions for Google Chrome 2021
As said earlier, it is crucial to use the certified security extensions for Chrome. Therefore, here are our best picks to help you choose one for your browser.
1. Web Guard Plus
When talking about security on Google Chrome, skipping the name of this extension is not an option. It is among our top recommendations to browse safely. The reason is that it provides incredible features such as instant identification of the risk level of a website that you are visiting, easy-to-use interface, comprehensive and safer search with Bing, attractive new tab design, and a whole lot more. You can experience the power of this browser extension by clicking on the below link to add it.
Features of Web Guard Plus
- You can have a look at the security status of different websites through this app.
- The app protects you against threats and infections.
- This extension is available for all for free over the life.
- The extension is easy to use for beginners and pros because of its simple UI.
- Web Guard provides notifications whenever some website shows potential threats.
2. Web Assist Plus
As you already know, the internet is an open door through which hackers can enter your computer and harm it effortlessly. But, you now have a powerful shield with you in the form of Web Assist Plus to protect your device. This security extension is among our favorites for its ability to detect the risk level of a website in real-time, safe, and secure search with Bing, and ease of use. With this extension at your disposal, you can know whether a particular website is safe or not with ease, as it shows red warning signs for unsafe websites. Click on the below link to have a safer internet experience with Web Assist Plus.
Features of Web Assist Plus
- The extension is very useful and easy to use.
- Web Assist protects your computer from threats posed by different websites.
- The extension is free to install and add on the Google Chrome browser.
- The extension provides the best search results by changing the search engine to Bing!
- You can get all the information about the website with a single click.
3. Ad-Blocker Pro
Online safety is not only about blocking advertisements. It involves a lot more such as blocking malicious websites and harmful downloads. Therefore, we have Ad-Blocker Pro on our list of the best Google Chrome Security extensions. It blocks not only intrusive ads but also blocks infected websites and suspicious downloads. Moreover, this extension also prevents trackers from tracking your online habits and doubles your browsing speed. It is not all, and with Ad-Blocker Pro, you can even block a particular webpage section and view the rest of the page without any interruptions.
Features of Ad-Blocker Pro
- With the help of this extension, you can block ads from different websites.
- The software is available for free over the Google Chrome browser.
- Ad-blocker also blocks websites that are unsafe for your PC.
- The interface of the extension is user-friendly and easy.
- Ad-blocker has a lot of advanced features for better performance.
4. StopAll Ads
Ads are the major source of malware attacks. With this tool, you can disable all unwanted ads and enjoy ad-free browsing. In addition to blocking the irrelevant ads, StopAll Ads detects malware domains, deactivates social media buttons, and optimizes the browser to make your browsing experience snappier.
Features of StopAll Ads
- The extension blocks all the malware URLs from your computer.
- StopAll Ads provides you all the power to customize the website display as you want.
- You can also disable and enable social media buttons on your browser.
- The extension allows you to apply different filters to the website you visit.
- You can disable all the ads from the websites and protect your PC.
This is one of the most powerful Chrome security plugins that block irrelevant ads so that they do not distract you. It functions in the background and notifies you whenever an ad is blocked. Further, it also keeps a track of all the blocked ads and lets you view the blocked trackers.
Features of Ghostery
- Ghostery is one of the best ad-blocking extensions for Google Chrome.
- You can browse faster with the help of this extension.
- The extension allows you to customize the display as you want.
- With the help of this extension, no one will ever be able to track your location.
- You can get better privacy features with the help of this extension.
Also Know : Best Web Browsers For Mac & iOS
6. Adblock Plus
With this one of the best Google Chrome security extensions, you can browse without any intrusive ads. This extension blocks intrusive ads, malware, and trackers hampering your system’s security. Further, it has a filter list that allows you to block ads quickly and prevents companies from tracking what you browse online. The only downside is, this ad blocker does not block non-intrusive ads.
Features of Adblock Plus
- The extension stops all the advertisements and banners on different websites.
- Adblock provides constant support to you.
- No pop-ups will arrive when you enable this extension.
- Some websites may share malware, this extension stops them all.
- You can easily block and unblock the websites as you want.
This is one of those Google Chrome security extensions that take security to the next level with high-level encryption. It prevents hackers from accessing your real identity by masking your IP. Further, PureVPN also blocks unwanted ads and protects from malware attacks.
Features of PureVPN
- The extension provides a 7-day free trial to you.
- PureVPN does not keep any logs of what and when you do over the browser.
- With the help of this extension, you can access the blocked websites on your PC.
- The bandwidth of the extension is broad to provide you with amazing surfing speeds.
- You can easily set up the extension and use it.
It is one of those security extensions for Chrome that ease password management. It helps you create robust passwords and secures them with high-level encryption. Moreover, it also prevents companies and social networks such as Facebook from tracking you.
Features of Blur
- With the help of Blur, you can create strong passwords with a single click.
- You can save, share, and organize the password through this extension.
- Blur provides an option to access the extension from all over the world.
- The extension provides better safety and privacy features to you.
- You can add the extension to your chrome browser for free.
This is one of the most preferred and must-have Chrome apps for managing the passwords of a team. It is a cloud-based Chrome security extension that lets your team access apps and services as and when needed. Further, it also helps you generate strong and hard to crack passwords.
Features of TeamPassword
- The extension provides single-click access to the login data.
- You can add as many security options with the extension as you want.
- The extension is useful for both personal and professional users.
- Get quick access to all your saved passwords and login data through the extension.
- The extension is lightweight and easy to use.
The ability to clean data even in the Incognito Mode sets Click&Clean apart from the other best Google Chrome security extensions featuring in this list. Along with this, it also deletes temporary files, cookies, cache, and client-side web database. Above all, you get all these features for free.
Features of Click&Clean
- With the help of Click&Clean, you can delete all your browser data with one click.
- The extension also scans your PC for malware to protect your data.
- You can easily clean all the temporary data from the system using Click&Clean.
- No need to worry about the Flash Cookies (LSOs) as you are protected by the extension.
- The extension allows you to
- on your PC storage.
This is among those must-have Chrome apps that let you know which websites someone has visited while using your computer. It saves the whole history in a password-protected dashboard and you can access it from anywhere. Apart from this, Sneekr is also compatible with Incognito Mode.
Features of Sneekr
- With the help of this extension, you can surf the internet through incognito mode and still get your browsing history.
- You can see all the devices accessed with the help of this extension.
- The extension is easy to use
- Sneekr has a sleek user interface for the Google Chrome browser.
- You can set up the extension with just some simple clicks.
Also Know: Best Duplicate Photo Finder and Remover
This one of the best and must-have Chrome extensions keeps your passwords safe by locking them in a secure vault. It also saves you from the trouble of remembering the passwords as all that you need to remember is the Master Password to open the vault. Further, it also remembers your credentials and fills them in for you whenever you’re required to do so.
Features of LastPass
- You can easily manage all your passwords with the help of the extension.
- LastPass saves all your personal data for you to use whenever required.
- The multifactor authentication features of the extension protect your data at all costs.
- If you have weak passwords, the extension will suggest strong ones for you.
- You can save and share all the passwords and data with anyone you want.
This is completely free and one of the best security extensions for Chrome that prevents trackers from tracking your activities. In addition to this, it also lets you search privately and encrypts connections to protect your data from hackers.
Features of DuckDuckGo
- With the help of the software, you can stop the trackers from accessing your location.
- The strong encryption of the extension protects your data.
- DuckDuckGo protects your data at all times from all the potential threats.
- The extension will set the DuckDuckGo as your default search engine for better results.
- This extension is lightweight with a very attractive design.
This is one of those rare and the best Google Chrome security extensions that uses AI to safeguard you from manipulation on social networks. It analyzes posts, tweets, comments, targeted ads, and sponsored content to alert you when you’re being targeted by any negative campaign. It keeps you away from fake news, cyberbullying, and all the other negative content on social media.
Features of PerspectiveGuard
- The extension protects you from all kinds of fake news and other things.
- Chances of cyber-bullying are reduced to zero.
- The extension provides real-time notifications about the threats.
- You can track all the content metrics through this extension.
- The extension ensures 100% Privacy o your system and data.
15. Privacy Badger
This Internet security extension for Google Chrome features on our list of the best Chrome security extensions for its ability to learn from your browsing habits. It watches your history and blocks the tracker found on three different websites. In addition to this, it also removes the outgoing links.
Features of Privacy Badger
- The extension has different themes to change the appearance of the interface.
- Privacy Badger maintains your data privacy at all times.
- You can easily change the data of the websites you visit easily.
- The extension has an integrated tracker blocking to protect your location.
- You can protect your data from sharing and selling through the extension.
16. Windows Defender
This one of the most trusted and must-have Chrome extensions alerts you with a red signal whenever you unknowingly access any malicious website. Further, it also keeps you safe from phishing emails and other online attacks.
Features of Windows Defender
- This extension protects you from all kinds of phishing emails and websites.
- You will always be protected from all kinds of harmful threats.
- The extension will notify you and protect you from all kinds of harm.
- Windows Defender is trustworthy and safe to use
- The interface of the extension is attractive and smooth.
17. HTTPS Everywhere
This one of the best Chrome security plugins created by EFF converts all the unsecured sites into secure websites. It protects you from various online attacks and your accounts from the prying eyes of hackers.
Features of HTTPS Everywhere
- The best feature of the extension is that it converts all the HTTP websites to HTTPS.
- This extension protects your data from surveillance and highjacking.
- The extension has a DuckDuckGo Smarter Encryption system to protect your data.
- You can use the extension anywhere in the world.
- Turn on the shield button and save everything.
18. UltraSurf VPN
This one of the must-have apps for Chrome lets you access even the blocked websites effortlessly. It prevents advertisers from tracking you online. Along with this, UltraSurf VPN also protects your data from hackers.
Features of UltraSurf VPN
- The extension allows you to access blocked websites easily.
- You can save your location from trackers with the help of this extension.
- The extension protects your location by encrypting your traffic.
- Even if you are on a public network, you can ensure your safety.
- Just flip the switch of the extension and unlock its features.
This powerful and the best Internet security extension for Google Chrome allows you to access sites such as BBC, Netflix, etc. that might not be accessible in your region. Apart from this, it secures your connection when you connect to public wifi.
Features of DotVPN
- Just like any other VPN, you can access blocked websites through DotVPN.
- The content of Netflix, Hulu, BBC, etc. can be accessed from anywhere.
- The 256-bit encryption of the extension provides the best security features.
- With the integrated ad-blocker, you can save up to 30% of data.
- The VPN is free to use on the Google Chrome browser.
This one of the best security extensions for Chrome lets you have complete control over which networks your browser can connect to, what data it can download from the web, and the tasks it can execute. Apart from this, several other security tools make it stand out from the rest of the extensions.
Features of uMatrix
- You can keep an eye on all the connections and attempts through the extension.
- The extension allows you to add or remove websites to and from the blacklist.
- Your device will always be protected from cookies and threats.
- The extension filters and disables access to harmful data.
- uMatrix is easy to use for pros and beginners.
Also Know: Best Putlocker Alternatives
21. Web of Trust
What makes this one of the best Google Chrome security extensions unique is its review feature. Here, the user rates and comments about a website’s level of safety. These comments help the other users to stay safe. Further, it also warns you of a scammy and malicious websites.
Features of Web of Trust
- You can browse all the websites safely with the help of the extension.
- The Web Security Reputation Icons of the extension protect you at all times.
- This extension shows warning popups and notifications for all kinds of threats.
- The extension protects your system from phishing.
- One of the best features of the extension is the parental control options.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Best Security Extensions for Chrome
For further assistance and information, check out these frequently asked questions for help:
Q.1 How to choose secure Google Chrome extensions?
You can easily choose the Google Chrome extension by checking out the features. All the extensions have different features, you should choose the one which fits your requirements. You may want a VPN, a security extension, or both. So choose the extension that you think will be fit for your Google Chrome browser.
Q.2 Are all Google Chrome Extensions safe?
No, not all of the Google Chrome extensions are safe. Some developers create malware to get access to your personal data. You should choose wisely before selecting an extension. We have listed the safest and best google chrome privacy extensions for you. Select and add the extension you want.
Q.3 How do I make Chrome extensions secure?
You can’t make the Google Chrome extensions secure, but you can install the secured ones. We have listed the best security extensions for the chrome browser for you. These are safe and secure extensions that will protect your data at all times.
Q.4 What is the best security extension for chrome?
Determining the best security extension for chrome is very hard. But, after thorough research and experiments, we found some of the best extensions for you. Install the extensions that you think will be important for your browser. Selecting a suitable extension depends upon what you are looking for.
Wrap Up: Best Security Extensions for Google Chrome Browser
These were our picks for the must-have and best Google Chrome security extensions. Do add one of these to your browser and stay protected from all online threats. Lastly, before hitting that arrow to go back, do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter and get all the latest updates from the tech world delivered straight to your mailbox.