If you want to create and restore an easy backup on your macOS, use the best free hard drive cloning software for Mac and transfer your data anywhere you want and exactly the way you want.
Apple macOS is robust and one of the most efficient software ever developed. Whether it’s a Mac or any other device, its data is very important. You know that virus attacks and power surges can result in total data loss.
Cloning software, as the name suggests, is the tool that helps you in backing up all the data from one place and transferring it to another. When you use any cloning software, you ensure that your data is safe in all circumstances.
What makes these tools helpful is that you can use these to clone data from HDDs to SSDs and vice versa. Apart from data transfer, you can also create effective backups and use them if you ever lose data.
So, in this article, we provide you with the best hard drive cloning software for Mac. Mac provides an integrated software called Time machine which serves the same purposes but it is not as advanced as the software listed below.
10 Best Cloning Software for Mac to Protect Hard Drive Data
Here are some of the best mac hard drive cloning software that will help you in transferring data and other tasks very effectively. With the help of these tools, you can transfer data according to your requirements within a couple of minutes.
1. EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac
The first and the most effective tool on this list is the EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac. EaseUs is a renowned name in the tech world and provides some of the best and most effective data protection software.
One such app is the Todo Backup. This software is the best mac cloning software because it allows you to create and restore mac backups easily. Through the different modes of backup, you can clone data just you want. The following features of EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac will let you know about the rest.
Features of EaseUS Todo Backup for Mac
- One of the best features of the software is that you can schedule the backup for a later period.
- All the backups created by EaseUs are in compressed form to save as much space as possible.
- You can encrypt all the backups and protect them from breach and loss very easily.
- Whether your system has an APFS or traditional HFS+ drive, you can clone data from and to any device.
- If your drive or macOS fails, you can still use the bootable backups from EaseUS to get back to work in no time.
2. Acronis True Image
Here is another example of the best hard drive cloning for mac. Acronis True Image is an effective and all-loaded software to clone data.
With the help of Acronis True Image, you can transfer data from one drive to another and secure it from threats. This is the only program that provides safety as well as creates easy backups of data.
To illustrate that, here are some of the features of Acronis True Image.
Features of Acronis True Image
- Acronis allows you to create backups and save them on the cloud for protection and accessibility.
- The software runs in the background so that you can create backups and work simultaneously.
- From OS, files, and applications, to settings, you can clone anything and everything with Acronis.
- The software keeps your device and data protected from all the potential threats through integrated antivirus and malware protection.
- You need to restart the backup in most of the programs when interrupted. However, that is not the case with Acronis, it continues the backup from the last point.
Read More: Best Free MAC Cleaner Software to Speed Up MacOS
3. Stellar Drive Clone
Stellar Drive Clone is a brilliant app to clone data from one hard drive to another. The software clones the data from one place to another without any data loss.
The software works on both older macOS and the new ones. From HFS-to-HFS, FAT-to-FAT, and NTFS-to-ExFAT, Stellar caters to everything.
What brought the app to the list of the best free hard drive cloning software is its property to transfer data from hard drives to SSDs and vice versa. The features of Stellar Drive Clone are provided below.
Features of Stellar Drive Clone
- The software provides four options of data cloning, first disk cloning, second volume cloning, then resize-less cloning, and finally resized cloning.
- You can either clone your mac drive or create a backup of the data to restore later, as you want.
- Whether the Mac device is encrypted or not, you can use the Stellar Drive Clone to transfer data.
- You can transfer data from HDDs to SSDs and vice versa, according to your Mac.
- The software allows you to select the desired location for clone and backup at your convenience.
The next product on our list of best hard drive cloning software is ChronoSync. The software is a one-stop solution for all your cloning, backup, and other data transfer needs.
Whether you want to clone a file, a folder, a partition, or the whole drive to another, ChronoSync does everything. The developers of the software provide regular updates to provide the best services.
Here are some of the best features of ChronoSync that explain everything you need to know.
Features of ChronoSync
- The first and the best feature of ChronoSync is that you can clone anything. From the smallest of files to the biggest of drives, the software clones everything.
- With ChronoSync, you get an active cloud subscription to save all the backups and clones online.
- You can create a bootable backup with the software to restore later if the OS crashes.
- Just like any mac OS cloning software, ChronoSync also clones data in the background.
- Before the last step of cloning, the software allows you to preview the files and recheck the data before transferring.
Read More: Best Uninstallers for Mac
CloneZilla is a free clone software for mac. The software works as a clone maker and a disk partition manager. You can select from three different CloneZilla software. First Clonezilla live, second Clonezilla lite server, and last Clonezilla SE (server edition).
All of these programs have different properties and different deployment characteristics. The software transfers the data on the hard drives just as it was previously. With the 42-node cluster of CloneZilla, you get the best experience ever.
Here are some of the features of CloneZilla that make it secure a position on the list.
Features of CloneZilla
- The software supports HFS+ for all different kinds of macOS devices.
- You can easily take the backup and restore any time you want with the help of easy shortcuts and commands.
- With the help of a single bootable image of data, you can clone multiple devices at once.
- You can encrypt the bootable image to protect your data from breaches and threats.
- CloneZilla uses secure AES-256 encryption to password protect your data image files easily.
6. Carbon Copy Cloner
Another good example of free hard drive cloning software for mac is the Carbon Copy Cloner. The smart AI of Carbon Copy Cloner allows it to restore the files the way they were.
CCC can help you in transferring small files in KBs to the biggest folders and drives in GBs. Carbon Copy Cloner provides a much better backup, recovery, and cloning speed than most of the other software.
Let’s have a look at the features of Carbon Copy Cloner for a better understanding.
Features of Carbon Copy Cloner
- One of the best features of Carbon Copy Cloner is that you can transfer lost and malware-infected data very easily.
- CCC provides multiple options for backup and restoring data on different devices.
- With CCC, you get the best transferring speed you’ll ever find.
- Not everyone is an expert in cloning data on mac, so CCC provides step-by-step assistance for the same.
- The simple user interface of Carbon Copy Cloner allows you to perform different tasks with ease.
Read More: Best Mac Apps To Unarchive/Archive Files
SuperDuper is indeed a super-duper best software to clone mac. You can use the software to backup and protect your data from different kinds of threats. Whether you are using Cataline, Big Sur, or any other OS, SuperDuper works for all.
SuperDuper is one of the cloning programs that are versatile and work with MacBook hard drive clones and others. The language of the program is quite clear and easy to comprehend for everyone.
Here are the features of SuperDuper that make it one of the best in this category.
Features of SuperDuper
- The software allows you to take backups even when the system is showing problems.
- All the backups created by SuperDuper are easy to restore because it creates bootable images for the same.
- Whether you are a professional or a beginner, anyone can use the software very easily.
- You will not see any driver-related errors when working with the SuperDuper app.
- The software runs in the background, allowing you to work effortlessly while it creates backups.
Backblaze is another great software to clone disks on mac for free. What makes Backblaze different from others is that it saves all the backups on the cloud. If you want to clone a device, back up the data on the cloud and restore it from the desired device later.
There is no limit to cloud storage with Backblaze. All the backups will be uploaded to the cloud automatically.
Let’s have a look at the features of Backblaze for a better view of its working.
Features of Backblaze
- Backblaze can backup and clone anything including documents, images, music, videos, system files, and many more.
- The software has an Intelligent throttle that improves the speed of backup without affecting the quality.
- With the help of Backblaze, you can also back up the data from external drives and transfer it anywhere you want.
- The software has a cross-platform base that allows it to work on different OS.
- One of the best facilitates the Backblaze provides is that you can get the backup delivered on a USB or hard drive.
If you are looking for the best hard drive cloning software with easy functions, Carbonite is the tool for you. The software allows you to create backups on external hard drives very easily.
There is no limit on backup size with Carbonite. All your backups and files are backed up on the cloud for better protection.
Have a look at the features of Carbonite for better knowledge about the tool.
Features of Carbonite
- The software is 100% safe to use and does not pose any threat to your data.
- You also get an integrated Webroot® computer antivirus with Carbonite for protection against viruses and malware.
- The software supports backup, restore, and cloning of images, videos, and every other file on your Mac.
- Developers of the software provide free delivery of recovered files through courier service.
- One of the best features of Carbonite is that as the backup is on the cloud, you can access it from anywhere.
Read More: Duplicate File Finders for Mac to Delete Duplicate Files
10. Get Backup
The last product on our list of the best cloning software for mac is the Get Backup tool. What brought it to this list is the easy and smooth interface of Get Backup. With the help of the tool, you can create a backup, encrypt, and then save it on cloud storage or create bootable images.
Following are the main features of Get Backup, the mac backup and cloning tool.
Features of Get Backup
- One of the best features of Get backup is that you can archive the backup and data anywhere you want.
- The intelligent AI of the software allows you to restore data that is not present on the new device.
- Get Backup provides the best and most backup encryption methods through AES-128, AES-256, Blowfish, or Triple DES.
- You can store the created backups on internal storage, external storage, USB drives, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- You can also schedule the backups for a later period as per your needs.
Concluding Notes on the Best HDD Cloning Software for Mac
Listed above, were some of the best hard drive cloning software for Mac. With the help of these apps, you can be one step ahead of all the problems and secure your data from threats.
We recommend that you always keep an updated backup of your data all the time. When you create a backup and save them in a secure place, the chances of data loss are reduced to zero.
You should check out the features of all the apps listed above before selecting anyone. Download, install and use the mac cloning software that deems fit to your needs and say goodbye to all the potential data threats.
For further information and queries, write to us in the comment section below. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for such interesting tech-related articles.