Sometimes, a heavy browser can affect the working of low-end computers and other devices. Here is the list of the best lightweight browsers for Windows and Mac.
Everybody prefers a web browser that provides different customization and most of the advanced features. But such browsers can affect the performance of the low or medium-end systems. For such computers, you should get the best lightweight browsers for better performance and results. These browsers are lightweight but that does not mean that they are any different from heavy browsers. You should consider getting these browsers if you are facing problems with your current browser.
So without holding any further, here are some of the best lightweight browsers for Windows and Mac.
Best Lightweight Browsers for Windows and Mac
You can download and install any of these best lightweight browsers for Windows and Mac and run them on a low-end computer. You should also use these browsers if you are facing some problems with your PC.
The first name in our list of the best lightweight browsers for Windows and Mac is the Opera browser. Opera is one of the best and most popularly used web browsers. The Opera browser is fast and is widely used as an alternative to the Google Chrome browser. Just like Google Chrome, you can also add extensions in the Opera browser. Opera is one of the fastest browsers that provide multiple features even on a low-end system.
Features of Opera
- You can download the browser for free and use it as you want.
- The interface of the browser supports over 45 different languages.
- You can download and use this web browser on Windows as well as Mac PCs.
- Just like most of the other effective browsers, Opera is also built- on a Chromium base.
The name Vivaldi gets repeated whenever you talk about an efficient browser. What makes Vivaldi even better is that it is quite lightweight and runs perfectly on low-end devices. Your search for the best lightweight browser for Windows can finish on Vivaldi if you are satisfied with its features. The adaptive user interface of the browser has gained it the position it is on. With customizable keyboard shortcuts and insane mouse gestures, you can use this browser to do almost everything.
Features of Vivaldi
- You can download and use the Vivaldi browser free of any cost.
- Just like most of the other web browsers, you can use Vivaldi on both Mac and Windows systems.
- The interface of Vivaldi supports over 50 different languages for your ease.
- This chromium-based browser provides some other best features ever seen in any browser.
Maxthon is the best and safest browser for Windows and Mac. This web browser comes with a lot of advanced features and has gained over 670,000,000 users worldwide. What makes the browser the best lightweight browser for Windows and Mac is its strong blockchain technology. The powerful engine of the browser is compatible with high as well as low-end systems. The creators of the browser bring regular updates for the app to make it even better by the day.
Features of Maxthon
- You can download, install, and use the software on Windows and Mac computers.
- With the help of the Maxthon Cloud Service, you can sync and save different forms of data online.
- If you work with different extensions regularly, you can save and install them on this browser too.
- Maxthon is free and easy to use for beginners and pros.
If you are looking for the best lightweight browser alternatives for Windows 10, you can consider the Torch browser. One of the best traits of the Torch browser is that you can easily download torrents from it. Torch is the only browser that allows smoother torrent downloading as compared to any other browser. The integrated download accelerator of the Torch browser allows you to get quick downloads within seconds.
Features of Torch
- The Torch browser is just like most of the other high-end Chromium-based browsers.
- You can download and use the Torch browser for Windows only.
- The browser has some integrated games and music for fun.
- With the help of its integrated media player, you can play files as much as you want.
The SeaMonkey web browser is another best lightweight browser for Windows and Mac. What makes this browser better than others is its open-source coding. The premium password manager of the browser allows you to keep and save the passwords from different platforms. The browser is loaded with hundreds of customization options that allow you to use it as you like.
Features of SeaMonkey
- The browsing software is available for download and uses free of any cost.
- As the browser is open-sourced, you can edit its coding and create a browser according to your needs.
- You can download and install the best browser for Windows or Mac PCs.
- One of the best features of the browser is that it allows you to restore to the last session on your computer.
6. Brave Browser
The next item in our list of the best lightweight browsers for low-end PCs is the Brave Browser. Brave is the product from the co-creator of Google Chrome browser but is better than the Chrome browser as it is lightweight. The main focus of the creators of the browser is on privacy and the browser maintains it at all times. The browser has an in-built blocker to block all harmful parties from accessing your data.
Features of Brave Browser
- The browser’s private tabs have an active integration with the Tor platform.
- You can download, install, and use the Brave browser or Windows and Mac systems.
- One of the best features of the software is that it allows you to send cryptocurrencies to others.
7. Microsoft Edge
If we are talking about the best lightweight browsers for Windows and Mac, what can be a better alternative than Microsoft’s Edge browser. Microsoft Edge is an up-gradation of Microsoft’s previous browser, the Internet Explorer. Apart from the general conception of the users, Edge is one of the best and a truly lightweight browser. The software allows you to share files as well as add extensions to the browser as you want.
Features of Microsoft Edge
- Just like any other best and fastest web browser, you can also use the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows, Mac, and other platforms.
- As the browser is open-sourced, you can edit the coding and create a browser according to your needs.
- The browser has a chromium structure for ease of browsing.
Another great example of the best lightweight web browsers for Windows and Mac is the Puffin browser. Puffin is a very fast and safe web browser, especially for lightweight macOS and Windows. The browser has a free and a paid version, you can select either one as you like. One of the best traits of the software is that it focuses on the essential parts of the websites only and saves data.
Features of Puffin
- With the help of an integrated ad-blocker of the browser, you can block all the ads as you want.
- The software has multiple servers that block and protect your system from malware and viruses.
- You can download, install and use the browser on macOS, Windows, and other operating systems.
- The browser has an integrated Cloud Service to sync and save all your personal data for future use.
Tor is one of the greatest web browsers for various platforms. The browser offers so many more advanced features to you than any other web browser. Tor is indeed one of the most secure and the best lightweight browsers for your Windows and Mac PC. The open-sourced structure of the browser allows you to examine and change the codes of the software as you want.
Features of Tor
- Tor browser blocks all the tracking cookies and third parties from accessing your location.
- The browser secures your data from surveillance and hacking at all times.
- As you know leaking digital fingerprints can provide a lot of information about your data. Tor hides your digital fingerprints from outsiders.
- The Tor browser provides three-layer protection from the websites you visit and the content you see.
The best alternative to the Safari browser for Mac devices is the Roccat browser. Roccat is one of the best lightweight browsers for Mac as well as Windows devices. The intuitive interface of the software is loaded with multiple settings and features. One of the best traits of the browser is that it shortens the websites to provide a better loading speed.
Features of Roccat
- The best quality of the app is that it allows you to preview the webpage without even opening it.
- You can edit, resize, and move different tabs on the Roccat browser as you want.
- The lightweight browser allows you to get suggestions from the dashboard according to your likes.
- You can easily backup browser history, tabs, bookmarks, and settings of the browser to its RClouds cloud services.
Concluding Notes on the Best Lightweight Browser for Windows and Mac
Here were some of the best and lightweight web browsers for Windows 10, Mac, and other operating systems. You can download, install and use any of these lightweight browsers if you are facing problems with your existing ones. These browsers provide the best browsing features even on low-end devices and computers. With the help of these, you can not only improve browsing but also the performance of the computer by saving space. If you have an old PC, we recommend that you remove the heavy browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and download one of the lightweight browsers listed in this article for ease.
If you have any questions about the browsers or want to suggest more, write to us in the comment section below. For more interesting updates, don’t forget to subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog.