Check out the best must have apps for Mac that you should have for the ease of using the devices and get the best out of it.
macOS is one of the most popular operating systems. There are millions of Mac users around the world. If you are one such user, then you should have a glimpse at the best must have apps for Mac.
With the help of these apps, you can get the best out of your new or old Mac device. The apps listed in this article are brought to you from different categories to help you with everything. Whether it is the ease of playing media or device cleanup, these apps will help you improve the working of your Mac and provide feasibility.
Instead of researching for a particular app under any category, you can use the must have apps listed here and protect yourself from installing different apps. So, without any further ado, let’s have a look at the best must have apps for macOS.
What are the Safe and Best Must Have Apps for Mac in 2021
Below we list some of the advanced and best must have Mac apps. Download and install these apps to take the performance of your Mac to a whole new level and get the best out of your device instantly.
1. Google Chrome
Browsers are an important part of every operating system. So, the first name on our list of the best free must have Mac apps is Google Chrome. Chrome is one of the most popular browsers created with a Chromium base.
The popularity of this browser motivated the developers to create other browsers with similar code. Here are some of the best features of the Google Chrome browser as must have apps for MacBook Air and others:
Features of Google Chrome:
- The lightweight browser and takes only 100 MB of your system space.
- Google Chrome has a cross-platform base hence you can install it on different OS.
- You can sync your history and browser data on your account.
- The browser has open-source which means that you can edit the codes of the browser as you want.
- The browser is safe to use and allows you to add extensions for ease.
2. VLC Media Player
Whether you are using Mac or any other device, you need an optimal media player to play different media files. VLC Media Player is one such tool. The versatile features of the tool brought it to this list of macOS must have apps.
You can play media files of almost all extensions with VLC Media Player. Let’s dive into the features of the VLC media player as free must have apps for MacBook Pro and others:
Features of VLC Media Player
- The VLC Media Player has a cross-platform structure. You can install it on different operating systems.
- This media player is lightweight and does not have much effect on your RAM as well.
- You can customize the player as you want through its settings and source codes.
- You can add or remove subtitles from media files with the help of this tool.
- VLC supports advanced media formats like DVD Video, Standard MIDI / SMF, etc.
- This tool supports webcams as well.
- The hardware decoding rate of the media player is much more than any other tool.
- VLC comes with an integrated sound equalizer to get the best out of the player.
Another must have software for mac is the Bear app. Bear is an app on Mac that allows you to improve your productivity. With the help of the app, you can create and manage notes privately.
The app allows you to create quick notes whenever you need to write or note something. Here are some additional features of Bear as must have apps for iMac and other devices:
Features of Bear
- Bear allows easy management of notes with the help of hashtags(#).
- You can write as you want with headings, bullets, and more with Bear.
- The interface of the app is customizable with multiple themes and interface options.
- You can edit the privacy of the notes and share them with others if required.
- The Advanced Markup Editor of the tool supports over 150 different languages.
- You can watch the preview of the note before opening it to get an idea of its content.
- Bear also allows you to add images as and when required.
- You can download the app for free or get the Pro version starting at $1.49/month.
4. The Unarchiver
The Unarchiver does what it says. The tool un-archives or extracts the contents of RAR and other compressed files. The lightning-fast speed of the tool made it one of the best must have Mac apps.
The software is available for download and use for free and does not have any premium account. The Unarchiever takes up the place of WinRAR on Mac perfectly. Let’s go through some additional features of The Unarchiver as must have Mac programs:
Features of The Unarchiver
- The tool is much more powerful than the integrated extractor on Mac.
- You can download and use the tool by following a couple of clicks.
- The interface of the tool is quite easy to understand and reads foreign characters and languages as well.
- The Unarchiver supports different extensions like ZIP, RAR, 7Z, etc.
- With the help of four easy steps, you can manage or extract files with The Unarchiver.
5. Airmail 5
Whether you are a working professional or not, you will need the macOS must have apps, Airmail, for better management of your emails. Airmail, just like its name, allows you to read and organize emails on a single app.
The interface of the app is quite similar to that of other Apple services and apps. You can add and manage more than just one email account with the help of Airmail. Here are some other features of Airmail as the best macOS must have apps for developers and other users:
Features of Airmail 5
- The app supports Gmail, GSuite, iCloud Mail, Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, and other accounts.
- Airmail 5 has a smart interface that shows important emails first.
- The Unified feature of the tool allows you to get all the emails from different accounts in a single interface.
- With the help of the privacy mode of the tool, you can block the tracking pixels.
- You can also put the emails on snooze and look at them when necessary.
- The app allows you to schedule the emails and send them as and when you need them.
- You can get the app for free or try the Premium version at $2.99/month.
- The Dark Mode of the app makes the interface quite attractive.
If you want to keep an eye on the grammar, punctuation, and other attributes of your writing, then Grammarly is the best must have software for Mac. Grammarly helps in spell-checking the content you write.
You can use the program by adding the Chrome extension or visiting the website. Let’s dive into the features of the Grammarly platform as the best Mac apps for students and other individuals:
Features of Grammarly
- The tool allows you to ascertain and set the tone of the write-up as you want.
- Grammarly provides a mobile tool that provides more functionality to you.
- The interface of the tool underlines the errors in different colors according to the mistakes.
- You can also ascertain the consistency of the text very easily. ‘
- Grammarly allows you to get an idea about the clarity and readability of the content.
- One of the best features of the tool is that it tells you about the delivery of the content you are writing.
- You can use Grammarly with other apps like MS Word.
7. Microsoft 365
Being a mac user, you also need a tool to manage the documents on your device like docs, presentations, sheets, etc. Although macOS has an integrated document manager and organizer we still recommend Microsoft 365 as one of the must have Mac apps.
You can make notes, manage doc files, create excel sheets, put together attractive presentations and do a lot more with Microsoft 365. The following features of Microsoft 365 will explain how it is one of the best paid Mac apps:
Features of Microsoft 365
- You can get the Premium version of the tool at $69.99/year or have a free trial as well.
- You can use Microsoft 365 for business, as a student, individual, professional, etc.
- Microsoft 365 includes OneDrive that allows you to save files on the cloud.
- You can manage your emails, calendar, tasks, and much more with MS Outlook.
- With the help of the Teams app in MS 365, you can connect with other uses as well.
- You can get a plan of Microsoft 365 according to your business, family, or personal needs.
8. WhatsApp for Desktop
Are you wondering how WhatsApp is one of the macOS must have apps? Everyone knows about WhatsApp. It is one of the most popular and commonly used chatting and messaging apps around the world.
But do you know that you can get WhatsApp for Desktop and use it on Mac to connect with others? This desktop app makes it easy to contact others and get instant messages while working on your Mac. Here are some of the best features of WhatsApp desktop as the best free Mac apps:
Features of WhatsApp Desktop
- You can manage all your messages and WhatsApp files with this app on Mac.
- WhatsApp Desktop allows you to work on your device and check the messages as well.
- You can create groups and converse with more than one individual with this app.
- The app syncs all your WhatsApp data to the cloud as and if required.
- As the platform uses End-to-end encryption, all your chats are safe.
- The app allows you to share documents, images, and much more with others instantly.
Everyone likes to listen to songs while working or doing something else. Hence you also need some music streaming service. Here we provide Spotify as the must have software for Mac.
Spotify needs no introduction. It is one of the most commonly used music streaming platforms in the world. Spotify is also an effective iTunes alternative for you. No other platform is as popular as Spotify. Here are some features of Spotify in this Mac software list:
Features of Spotify
- Apart from music, you can also listen to podcasts on Spotify.
- You can run the app in the background and work on your Mac easily.
- You can either download the app for Mac or use the browser to stream music on the platform.
- The platform allows you to create and manage playlists as you want.
- You can save your favorite songs in the Liked Songs section to listen to them later.
- You can also share any song you like with others.
- The premium version of the app, starting at $4.99/month, allows you to stream music and podcasts ad-free.
- You can also mark the artists you like and never miss new songs from them.
If you are a gamer then Steam is one of the best must have Mac apps for you. Steam has multiplayer, singleplayer, action, arcade, and other hundreds of games from numerous other categories.
Steam allows you to join servers and communities from different parts of the world and get in touch with other gamers. You can find free as well as paid games on the platform easily. Let’s look at the features of Steam as the best free Mac apps.
Features of Steam
- You can look at the showcase of Steam to know about popular and trending games.
- Steam allows you to invite your friends to play with you as well.
- You can add as many games as you want on Steam and have fun.
- Steam is cross-platformed which means you can use it on other operating systems as well.
- You can also stream the game on your Tv with the Big Screen Mode of Steam.
- Steam allows you to hide the games you want from others.
- The platform allows you to preview the games before you play.
Choose And Download The Best Must Have Mac Apps As You Like
These were some of the best must have apps for Mac that you can download and use to improve the working of your device. All of these apps are available for free. However, you can get the premium version of some apps for better services and additional features.
Whether you are new to macOS or an existing user, these apps can improve the working for all. From professional tasks like documents management and note-making to entertainment purposes like music-streaming and gaming, these apps allow you to do everything.
With the help of these must have Mac apps, you can get the best out of your device and organize your system perfectly.
If you have any doubts, write to us in the comments below. Your suggestions are always appreciated and would love to hear from you. Subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog for more tech-related write-ups and solutions.