Read on to know the best PC cleaner software to clear disk space and take the PC’s performance to another level.
Clutter has a close relationship with how we perform. Untidiness makes our minds process things slowly. And the same is true for computer machines. The processors perform at a slower pace if your device is cluttered. Therefore, you need to declutter it with the best cleaner available in town. Though it is possible to clean junk manually, manual cleaning is a time-consuming and daunting activity. Hence, the paid and best free PC cleaners are needed to get rid of these unneeded files with ease. Further, this computer cleaning software not only scrapes away the junk but also elevate and optimize the PC’s performance as a whole.
There is an ocean of apps to free up disk space on Windows 10 but not all of them are ideal PC cleaner software. Therefore, to help you choose the correct utility, we enlist a few disk cleaners that are the perfect fit for your requirements.
The Best Free PC Cleaner Software for Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2020
Below is the best PC cleaning software that you need to make your PC spanking clean and faster than ever
Best PC Cleaner with multitasking capabilities
Compatibility: Windows 7 and above
Price: Paid version priced at $39.95
This utility finds its place in our list of the best cleaning software for the reason that it is an all-in-one tool to care for your PC. With this tool, you can perform multiple tasks such as managing the startup programs, removing invalid registry entries, and more. In addition to these tools, below are some of its other noteworthy features.
- It uninstalls the unneeded programs as well as their residual files
- Scans even the recycle bin to detect the partially uninstalled files
- Lets you hibernate the unrequired applications
- Runs quietly in the background to automatically clean up the junk files.
- Hosts multi uninstaller to uninstall multiple programs simultaneously.
- Lists the autorun items that make startup slow and lets you remove them
Along with the above features, this best program to clean up PC also has a few worth mentioning pros. We talk about the same below.
- Deletes browsing traces.
- Manages extensions and browser plugins.
- Hosts a file shredder to permanently delete files.
Further, this cleaner app for PC also has some downsides that cannot be ignored. We share them below.
- No significant reduction in boot time.
- Counterparts offer more value for the price.
How to use it?
- Download CleanMyPC and run the scan.
- View the results and click on “Clean” to remove junk.
In our view, it is among the best programs to clear disk space if you want a decent utility and reducing the startup time is not one of your topmost priorities.
2. Piriform CCleaner
The crowd-pleasing Windows 10 PC cleaner
Compatibility: Windows 7 and higher
Price: Free ( also has a professional version priced at $ 24.95, and a professional bundle priced at $ 39.95)
If you ask someone which PC cleaning utilities they would like to recommend, then CCleaner will surely be one of the answers. It is one of those brands that are immensely popular among millennials for there efficient cleaning abilities. There is no corner in your device where CCleaner cannot reach to drive the junk away. Apart from this, below are its other prominent features that induced us to include it in this list of the best free PC cleaners.
- It boasts a registry cleaner to solve Windows registry related problems
- Comes with a built-in startup manager to significantly reduce the system’s boot time
- Encompasses a duplicate photo finder to delete similar pictures and other files
- Has the functionality to schedule junk scans.
Apart from the above features, we also noticed a few pros of this best system cleaner for Windows 10. Here they are.
- Easy to use interface.
- Compatibility with all Windows versions.
- Fast installation process.
The above pros sound tempting, but this best cleaner for Windows 10 also has some noteworthy shortcomings. We share them below.
- Confusing download page.
- Installs other programs on PC.
The bottom line is, if the above cons do not trouble you, then this is among the best PC cleaning utilities that you may try.
3. Win Magician
Best free computer cleanup utility with magical powers
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, and 10
Price: Free (also has a paid version priced at $49.95)
Here comes another best PC cleaner software. This utility magically removes every trace of junk from your PC. Below are a few of the prominent characteristics that set it apart from the other utilities in this list.
- Comes with an in-built malware scanner
- Has ad-blocking and other tools to protect you from online threats
- Hosts an ocean of tools to clean junk and registry.
Apart from the above features, several pros also make it a tough contender for its counterparts. Below are a few of them.
- Shield the PC from prying eyes of hackers
- It comes with the most straightforward and uncluttered user-interface.
Talking about the downsides, it only has a single known con. We share the same below.
- It is available only for Windows operating system.
We think the above con holds no value for Windows users. Hence, this is among the best tools that you may use to remove junk and free up space on PC.
4. AVG PC TuneUp
Trusted Windows 10 PC cleaner
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
AVG is a name that needs no introduction. Every computer user must have heard about AVG antivirus at some point or the other. But only a few people know that the company also hosts an equally outstanding and the best computer cleanup software that is among the top favorites of many users. Below we discuss more of its remarkable features.
- Its automatic maintenance feature deletes browsing footprints, tacks cookies, caches, and residual files of various programs.
- Comes with a sleep mode to optimize PC performance.
- Hosts a software uninstaller to get rid of unneeded software and bloatware.
- It also has an in-built software updater to update applications such as Skype, VLC, and more.
These were the striking features of this best free PC cleaning and tune-up software. Now, let’s have a look at its noteworthy pros.
- Makes the PC considerably fast.
- The UI is simple and intuitive.
After knowing about the features and upside, it is crucial to note the shortcomings of this best system cleaner for Windows 10. Here they are.
- It is expensive in comparison to its competitors.
- Sometimes shows fake results.
In our opinion, this is among the best choices if you want an automatic tool to accomplish PC maintenance tasks.
5. Avast Clean Up
Best free PC cleaner with a user-friendly interface
Compatibility: Windows 7 and up
Price: Paid version available for $59. 99
This PC cleaner for Windows 10 is also widely used by the users who search “how to clean my computer?” The software boasts a clutter-free and easy to use interface. Apart from this, below are a few of its features that make it one of the best PC cleaner software currently available.
- Functions as a disk, registry, and browser cleaner
- Lets you put the unneeded apps to sleep and prevent them from running in the background
- Comes with a shortcut cleaner for apps
- Removes bloatware from the PC.
- Fixes PC problems and hard disk errors.
- Doubles up as a disk defrag software.
Along with the above features, we also noticed some mentionable pros of this best PC cleaner for Windows 10. Here, we share the same.
- Gives a detailed overview of the PC’s health.
- Hosts a multitude of optimization tools.
- Automatically updates apps & programs.
- Allows undoing of changes.
- Displays info about available space, issues fixed, etc.
Although this utility is among the best PC repair software, still it has some worth mentioning downsides. We share the same below.
- Tries to install other utilities from Avast.
- The free version has limited features.
How to use it?
- Install Avast Cleanup and click on “Scan Now”.
- After the scan results appear, click on “Resolve All”.
The final verdict is, if we do not consider the above two cons, then this is among the must-try software to clean up Windows 10.
6. Norton Utilities Premium
Best PC cleaner with a big bunch of tools to clean & optimize the PC
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, and 10
Norton is a well-known name in the antivirus domain. The developer also boasts of offering the best cleaning software for PC. It uses state of the art technology to give your PC’s performance a boost. Below are some of its central features that instigated us to include this offering from Norton on our list.
- Comes with a built-in uninstaller to remove the unwanted apps
- Lets you scan and fix the system issues such as slowdowns and crashes
- It also hosts a disk defragmenter
- Comes with an in-built tool to detect malware
- Erases browser file downloads to keep your digital privacy intact.
Apart from the above-listed features, it also has a few noteworthy pros. Here they are.
- Simple and fast installation.
- Lets you monitor the disk health.
- Significant reduction in the PC startup speed.
Like every other best free PC cleaner, this tool to clear disk space also has some downsides. We share them below.
- Deteriorates the word and data processing performance.
- It is slightly overpriced.
How to use it?
- Install Norton Utiilites.
- Go to the Dashboard and pick up the desired PC optimization tool.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
In our view, if the above cons do not bother you, then it is certainly among the best PC cleaner software that you may use.
7. Glary Utilities
Best PC cleaning software with optimization abilities
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
Price: Free and a paid version priced at $ 39.95
This is another simple, easy to use, and the best cleaning software for PC. It hosts an ocean of vital features. Here, we enlist the prominent ones out of them below.
- Has cleanup and repair modules to effectively clean and fix PC performance issues
- Comes with a plethora of tool to enhance the PC’s overall performance
- It helps you prevent spyware and manage the browser add-ons. \
Apart from the above pros, here are the pros that brought this PC cleaning utility to this list.
- Effectively cleans and optimizes the PC
- Speeds up and fine-tunes every nook and corner of the PC
- Has one of the most straightforward interfaces
However, the software also has some downsides. Here they are.
- The installation takes a bit longer than the other similar tools
- Some of its functionalities work slowly
- Frees up only a bit of the hogged up disk space.
In our view, you may give this best program to clean up PC a try if the above cons do not seem troublesome.
8. Razer Cortex
Best free PC cleaner for Windows 10 for gamers out there
Compatibility: Windows 7 to 10
Razor is a well-known name among gamers all over the globe. It boasts a variety of tools to extract more performance out of the PC and make even low-end PCs smoothly run graphic-intensive games. Below we discuss the prominent features of this tool that make it the best computer cleanup utility.
- Stops the unrequired processes and applications while playing games to give you higher frames per second.
- To run high-end games, PC needs more RAM space. This free PC cleanup tool removes junk to make the games perform smoothly.
- Hosts an auto boost functionality that automatically starts when you launch a game and stops when you exit the game.
In addition to the above features, we also noted down a few pros of this one of the best free PC cleaners and tuneup utilities. Here they are.
- Gives FPS stats so that you can effortlessly judge the gaming performance.
- The developers roll out frequent updates for this best free PC tuneup software.
There is no absolutely perfect thing on the Earth. Everything has its downsides. The same is true for this free computer cleanup software. Below are its noticeable cons.
- There are certain features that non-gamers may find confusing and unneeded.
- Its UI may seem complicated to understand.
Hence, in our opinion, this utility can be a perfect choice if you are a gamer and need the best Windows 10 PC cleaner to boost gaming performance.
Best cleaner for Windows to make the PC response fast
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
A PC that responds to the clicks and commands within a flash of a second. This is all we want. Well, this best PC cleaner for Windows 10 gives us a faster responding PC. It significantly reduces the device’s response time, cleans junk, and makes the PC perform better. Below we talk about the complete features of this popular software to clean and speed up the PC.
- Removes junk such as unnecessary files and applications in an instant.
- Hosts a unique power management mode to make the device’s battery perform better.
- Optimizes the startup applications and alerts you about any unwanted startup item.
The above were striking features of SlimCleaner. Now, let’s have a look at the pros that induced us to include it on our list of the best PC cleaning software for Windows 10.
- It is a community-driven software that uses ratings and recommendations from users.
- The user interface is friendly, straightforward, and intuitive.
- Hosts tools for browser cleanup tools.
Till now we have looked at the rosy picture of this best cleaning app for Windows 10. Now, let’s take a view of the darker side, i.e., cons of this utility.
- It does not support the bulk deletion of applications and duplicates.
- The software rating mechanism needs an internet connection.
As far as our opinion is concerned, we think that this is the best cleaner software for Windows 10 if you want to reduce the PC’s response time.
10. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
Utility with free clean for PC, optimization, and customization
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
Ashampoo is known for its various PC optimization tools for ages. WinOptimizer is another best cleaning software from the developer. It offers a plethora of features to remove junk from the PC and tweak its performance. Below are some of the prominent features that caught our attention and instigated us to include it in this list of the best free PC cleaner tools.
- Has a variety of system setting functionalities such as File Associator and Font Manager
- Boasts service and process managers to keep a track of the Windows services and processes
- It comes with a multitude of essential tools such as drive cleaner, registry optimizer, context menu, and more.
In addition to the above features, a few praiseworthy pros also make it one of the best utilities to clear disk space. We share the same below.
- It lets you get rid of the junk files in a single click
- The user interface is newbie-friendly
- It’s one of those rare and the best free PC cleaning software that scrapes away the web browsing traces.
However, like every other thing on the planet, this best utility to clear disk space is also not free from downsides. Below are some of its noteworthy shortcomings.
- The tool sometimes even erases the system restore points that you have created
- It unnecessarily adds a store link to the PC’s desktop.
Thus, in our view, this is an ideal PC cleaner software for users who need extra functionalities such as internet traces removal.
12. Microsoft Total PC Cleaner
Best cleaner for Windows 10 from Microsoft
Compatibility: Windows 10 and above
When it comes to answering the question which is the best free computer cleanup software, one cannot miss the name of Microsoft Total PC Cleaner. This tool from the house of Microsoft frees up ample disk space and makes your PC faster than you can imagine. Below are its worth mentioning features.
- Even cleans up the big files.
- Removes junk from every nook and corner of the PC.
- Hosts tools to remove the system, browser, application, mail, and office caches.
Along with the above features, this best program to clean the computer also boasts a few noticeable pros. Below we share them.
- Utility from Microsoft. Hence, no reliability issues.
- Makes the PC junk-free and fast.
- User-friendly UI.
Everything on the planet has its upsides and downsides. The same is true for this best tool to clean memory storage and optimize your Windows. Here are its central shortcomings.
- Not as effective as some other third party free computer cleanup software.
- A bit slow at times.
We think that this is the perfect tool if you want a trusted software to remove large files.
Addressing the Frequent Queries about Cleaning the PC
Q1. How to free up space on Windows 10?
As said earlier, you may free up the disk space both manually and automatically. To clean up the disk manually, you are required to detect and remove the following items.
- Delete duplicate files and folders
- Uninstall the unwanted applications and programs
- Remove the residuals of the deleted applications.
Q2. What is the best free PC tune-up software?
As it is evident from the above review of the cleaning software, ITL Windows Optimizer is undoubtedly the best free PC tune-up software. Apart from this, our other preferences include CleanMyPC and CCleaner.
Q3. Why is PC cleaner software required?
Manual cleaning is both tedious and impractical. Hence, the use of PC cleaning software becomes inevitable. Apart from this, below are the other reasons for which you need it.
- To organize the space on your PC better
- Helps maintain the system’s stability
- Gives your PC’s speed the much-needed boost
- Shields your PC from viruses and other attacks.
- They help declutter your PC and give it a fresh look and feel.
Q4. How computer cleaning software is beneficial?
The best and ideal cleaner for PC must have the below-mentioned characteristics.
- It must be an all-in-one tool to clean and repair the PC
- Comes with functionalities to keep your privacy intact and protect the PC from virus attacks
- The software should let you clean junk instantly with just a click
- It must be fast and easy to use.
Only a few software such as ITL Windows Optimizer has all of the above qualities.
Q5. How to declutter the PC manually?
Manually removing junk from PC is not an intelligent decision as it may make you have a devil of a job. Still, if you want to try it out, then below is what you can do to declutter the PC on your own.
- Uninstall the space-hogging programs that you don’t need.
- Remove unnecessary program shortcuts.
- Clean and defrag the disk drive.
- Remove invalid entries from the Windows registry.
Q6. What are the benefits of using computer cleaning software?
Computer cleaning software has numerous benefits. Here, we enlist the key ones out of them.
- Saves your time and energy from manual junk cleaning
- Helps you snappily fix the system errors
- Protects your PC from malware and other attacks
- Lets you keep a track of the outdated apps so that they can be timely updated.
Q7. How to choose the best PC cleaning software?
There is an ocean of free PC clean up software in the marketplace and choosing the best one out of them can be a tough task. However, you can make a choice easily after knowing the below qualities of the best utility to clean PC.
- One-click cleaning: With the best PC cleaning software, you don’t need to have a devil of a job while removing junk. All you need is a single left click of the mouse.
- Efficient junk removal: The best cleaner for Windows 10 and free PC speed up software efficiently removes large junk files such as duplicate photos, unneeded, their traces efficiently.
- RAM optimizer and registry cleaner: The best free Windows 10 PC cleaner optimizes RAM by removing junk and cleans invalid registry entries for improved computer performance.
- Privacy protection: The best free computer cleaning software is one that considers your privacy as its topmost priority and makes every effort to keep it intact.
- Additional features: In addition to junk cleaning and performance optimization, the best tuneup utilities for Windows offer several features such as software uninstaller, game booster, startup manager, backup management, and more.
- Positive reviews: You will find a lot of positive user reviews for the best free PC cleaner. Do consider them while making a choice.
The above were the qualities of the best free computer cleanup utility. Only a few tools such as Win Magician possess them.
Q8. What is the best computer cleaner free
All free PC cleanup software claims to be the best PC cleaners. But, in our view, the topmost PC cleaning utilities include:
- Win Magician
- AVG PC Tuneup
- Glary Utilities
Q9. What are the consequences of not cleaning the computer
You may encounter several problems if you don’t clean your computer. Below are the most troublesome ones out of them.
- Dust clogs the fan and this results in CPU overheating.
- The computer’s battery life gets adversely affected.
- Keyboard keys and various other computer systems may go dysfunctional.
Q10. How do I clean my PC for free?
You can clean the PC for free in two ways, one manual and another automatic. To clean PC manually you need to:
- Perform disk cleaning.
- Clean browsing history and extensions.
- Run a disk defragmentation.
- Uninstall unneeded software.
- Disable unrequired startup applications.
Since manual PC cleaning is not something that can be done with ease, we suggest you get the best PC cleaner and tune-up software such as Win Magician to do the needful. It cleans the PC and optimizes its performance in a New York minute.
Q11. What is the best CCleaner alternative?
Since CCleaner has a lot of privacy issues, we suggest you look for the best CCleaner alternatives. In our view, the best alternative to CCleaner is Win Magician. It has all the qualities of the best PC cleaner and keeps your privacy maintained at all times.
The above list is not exhaustive and many other advantages of using the best cleaning software for PC can also be added to it.
Now that you know the answer to every question about the best free PC cleaners, do not wait. Choose an ideal tool like ITL Windows Optimizer to reclaim the lost space on your PC and give the hard disk much-needed breathing space. Lastly, before you leave, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and for more such useful information keep reading Innovana Blogs.