Through this post, we share the best phone usage tracker apps for Android and iPhone so that you can break free from the phone and enjoy the beautiful world outside your phone’s screen.
Almost every one of us is quite fond of our smartphone, so much so that we see it even before we glance at our face when we wake up in the morning. From dawn to dusk, we spend most of the day with our phones, playing games, clicking pictures, listening to music, and switching apps. As per recent researches, people spend over 5.4 hours to 5.7 hours daily on smartphones. No wonder the fondness for the phone changes to smartphone addiction really quickly. We suggest you use the best phone usage tracker apps to track and limit phone usage.
It may seem a bit surprising to some, but you can curb smartphone addiction with the help of your smartphone itself. All that you need to do is get the app to track the time spent on your phone. There are a plethora of phone usage trackers available in the store. Let’s take you to the best ones through the next section of this write-up.
Best Phone Usage Tracker Apps to Stop your Smartphone Addiction
Below are our top picks for the best phone usage tracker apps so that you spend less time on screen and more moments with your dear ones.
1. OFFTIME – Digital Disconnection
Availability: iOS, Android
Whenever you try to disconnect from the digital world, a notification pops up from one of your favorite social networking apps. And you go back to square one. If this is what happens to you, then here we have OFFTIME for you. It is one of the best phone usage tracker apps to help you take a break from your smartphone. The reason we have included this app on our list is its stunning features. Here we share the highlighting ones out of them.
- You can schedule the digital detoxification time, i.e., it lets you decide when to block apps and calls.
- It lets you back up the app settings so that you can get your time off the screen irrespective of the device that you use.
- This app gives you complete statistics of the time that you have spent away from your favorite gadget, i.e., phone.
- There are a lot of options to customize the app settings, such as you can create different blocking profiles.
If you want to reclaim your me-time and break free from the digital world of your phone, then Moment is among the best phone usage tracker apps to curb smartphone addiction. It boasts a lot of features to make sure that you build a healthy relationship with your phone, where you can enjoy more real-time with your loved ones. We mention the key ones below.
- You can measure the time spent with your phone and away from it.
- There are free lessons for you to learn how to make sure that it is you who controls the phone and not the other way around.
- It allows you to create and join groups so that you can share your digital detoxification journey with your friends and family.
Availability: iOS, Android
If you are searching for how to check phone usage on Android or iPhone to get some space from the digital life, then Space is among the best screen time trackers that you can try. It offers some of the most incredible options, such as daily goal setting, and more. Let’s discuss all its useful features.
- You can set every day goals and track your progress.
- It allows you to compare your digital detoxification journey with your friends as well as the other Space users.
- Space has a vast toolkit and a lot of achievements that you can unlock to achieve the phone/life balance.
- There are a lot of tips and motivational quotes to keep you motivated.
Availability: iOS, Android
Apart from phone addiction, getting distracted while working or studying is another reason because of which people take a break from phones. If you also fall into this category of users, then here is Flipd for you. It is one of the best phone usage tracker apps that help you track and manage your time more productively. Some of the features of this app that we found highly useful are daily, weekly and monthly challenges, phone locking for a fixed period of time, and more. Below we talk more about its highlighting features.
- Once you lock the phone with Flipd for a fixed period, it won’t get unlocked even if you restart the phone. However, do not worry as you can whitelist the applications that you really need.
- There are a lot of motivating quotes to boost your spirits.
- You can track the time spent on every activity.
- It allows you to measure the time that you have spent productively, time on break, day streaks, milestones, and more.
- Flipd has soothing background music to keep you relaxed and focused.
- You can join live focus and study sessions.
How to check phone usage on Android? If it is what you are searching for, then QualityTime is among the best answers that you can get. It is among the best apps that track Andriod phone usage so that you can look at the beautiful real world around you and not at the phone screen for some time. A few features of this app attracted us the most, such as the fun and engaging display of smartphone usage activities. Apart from this, below are the other highlights of this app that make it one of our top choices.
- Deep analysis and summary of total device usages, screen unlocks, and time spent on each app.
- You can set alerts for device and app usages time.
- It allows you to schedule the smartphone breaks.
- You can whitelist specific apps and contacts during the break periods.
- With QualityTime, you can create different break profiles and choose the way to unplug the smartphone during the restricted periods.
- It makes sure that nothing important is missed as it captures all the missed notifications.
6. App Usage
In addition to knowing the time spent on various applications, if you also want to know how many apps you have installed and uninstalled, then App Usage is the app you. The app shows a summary of daily installed and uninstalled apps. Moreover, below are its other features that brought it to this list of the best phone usage tracker apps.
- It shows detailed information about phone usages, app usages, location, and app notifications.
- This app displays the graph showing battery usage.
- It alerts you when you spend more than the required time on an application or your phone.
- You can lock the app settings and reminder options with a PIN.
- It allows you to add personal notes for each app and uninstall the unrequired apps.
Availability: iOS, Android
Do you love to play games? If yes, then you will also like this app. It is based on a game-like concept where you plant a virtual tree and that tree begins to die if you spend too much time on any application or your phone. Sounds exciting, right? Well, apart from the fascinating concept, below is what makes this app one of the best apps to stop your smartphone addiction.
- You get exciting rewards and beautiful trees to unlock if you stay focused.
- It lets you view your daily, weekly, and monthly progress.
- The Pro users can plant real trees with the app, track phone usages, set up a whitelist, and customize the app settings.
8. Screen Time
Smartphone addiction has become a serious concern for both children as well as others. If you are looking for a free time tracking app to solve this problem, then your search may end at Screen Time. It boasts some of the most impressive features, such as family sharing, and more so that you can keep a check on your as well as your child’s phone habits. Here are a few of its attractive features.
- Family sharing to view reports and adjust the settings for the entire family.
- You can set a dedicated passcode to protect the app settings.
- It displays all the reports in an easy to understand graphical format.
- You can set limits for various activities, such as communication, gaming, and more.
- Screen Time allows you to decide what kind of content comes on your screen.
- You can add the necessary applications to the always allowed category.
MyAddictiometer is also among the best apps to track the time spent on an Android phone if you want to keep your screen time in control. It offers some of the highly useful features to track and manage your phone usage, such as a day-by-day comparison of mobile usage, recording the number of times you have unlocked the phone, and more. Below are all its enticing features.
- It lets you keep track of your daily, weekly, and monthly smartphone usage.
- MyAddictiometer shows how many times you have locked and unlocked the phone from the starting till the end of the day.
- It lets you know which apps consume most of your time.
- With this app, you can also know how much time you spend on your phone in one day.
10. Digital Wellbeing
Next, we have Digital Wellbeing on our list of the best phone usage tracker apps. This app from none other than Google is among our top favorites for features, such as bedtime mode and daily app timers to track and limit our smartphone usage. Below are the features of this app that we find most attractive and worth-mentioning.
- It lets you keep track of app usages, the number of notifications, the number of times you lock and unlock your phone.
- You can set daily timers to limit app usage.
- The bedtime mode reminds you to switch off the phone at night.
- There is a scheduler to fade the screen to greyscale.
- Digital Wellbeing has a Do Not Disturb mode that silences the notifications.
- With the Focus mode of this app, you can pause the apps that distract you.
Best Phone Usage Tracker Apps: Concluding Thoughts
We believe that it is crucial to keep everything balanced in life including the time spent on and off the phone. If we spend too much time on the phone, then not only it affects our relationship with the people around us but it also takes away our peace of mind. Therefore, to stop the phone from gaining control of our lives, curbing smartphone addiction, and take a break from the digital world, above were some of the best phone usage tracker apps. Do let us know which of these apps have you used and your experience with the same. And if you think that our work in this post is helpful, then spread the word about our blog.