Read on to know the best registry cleaners to remove invalid entries, fix errors, and speed up, and optimize the PC’s performance.
A registry is the core of every computer system. It is the place where the PC stores all your settings and other data. As time passes and the computer becomes old from new, the registry becomes cluttered and messy. This hampers the PC’s performance and it starts behaving erratically. Thus, you need to use the best registry cleaners to eliminate clutter and invalid entries from the registry.
These registry cleaners for Windows 10 scrape away the invalid entries and other traces of clutter from the registry. This gives your PC a new lease of life and boosts its performance.
Since it is cumbersome, tedious, time-consuming, and impractical to clean the registry manually, the marketplace is flooded with the best free registry cleaners. But, not all of them are the perfect fit for your PC care needs. Therefore, to help you choose the best and safe registry cleaner for your PC, we tested and then picked the real gems out of the available lot. The next segment focuses on the same.
Top 15 Registry Cleaner for Windows 10 to Optimize & Speed up your PC
Not every utility to clean the registry is the best registry cleaner. Therefore, to help our readers choose the registry cleaner for Windows 10 that fits their PC care needs perfectly, we tested all the utilities and then picked the truly best Windows 10 registry cleaners. Thus, before installing any cleaning tool, do check out the below list.
1. Wise Registry Cleaner
This best registry cleaner boasts both free as well as paid versions. The free version is a complete package in itself, but if you want a few advanced functionalities, then you may shell out some bugs. It includes an ocean of features. We enlist some of them below.
- Offers three kinds of scans, namely fast, deep, and custom area scan
- Encompasses a system tune-up module to enhance network, speed up, and stabilize the PC
- Hosts PC optimization techniques to reduce startup and shutdown time
- Defrags the registry to extract better PC performance.
- Lets you schedule registry scans
- Has a straightforward and user-friendly interface
- Snappily scan and cleans the registry.
- Sometimes, you may need to reboot the system
- Tries to install other programs on the PC.
After analyzing the features, pros, and cons, we can say that it is among the best free registry cleaners if you want more features without paying a penny.
2. CCleaner Professional
This entrant on our list is not merely the best registry cleaner software but it is a way more than that. In addition to cleaning the registry, it also eliminates junk, fixes registry errors, and optimizes the PC’s performance. Apart from this, below are some of its striking features.
- Removes the registry keys and values that relate to the non-existent programs
- Lets you view, change, and uninstall the unneeded programs to free up the disk space
- Boasts of a portable version
- Pro version comes with a few extra features such as premium support and real-time monitoring.
- Creates a backup before altering any entry in the registry
- It is a feature-rich freeware
- Receives regular updates from the developers
- Frequent popup notifications might seem irritating
- The download page may confuse novice users
- It does not reduce the boot time.
In our view, you may use this best free registry cleaner for Windows 10 if you want a complete PC cleaning utility.
3. IOLO System Mechanic
This is an all-in-one tool to clean, repair, and optimize the registry. Further, it also boosts the PC’s performance at the same time. It is an excellent utility to defrag the hard disk, remove junk files, tweak the CPU’s performance, and perform other tasks to elevate the PC’s working. Apart from this, below are its other prominent features.
- Comes with Commonly Redundant or Unnecessary Decelerators and Destabilizers (CRUDD) option to eliminate the files that hog up the disk space
- Encompasses a PC accelerator to realign files and file fragments
- Equipped with PowerSense to adjust the power settings as per the activity you are performing
- Contains a host of features to elevate PC’s performance and keep your privacy intact
- Allows you to create a backup of Windows 10 registry
- It is the best and safe registry cleaner to clean registries in a single click.
- To unlock some features, you need to get the premium version
- You need to register with your email address.
The bottom line is, if the above cons don’t bother you, then it is among the best free registry cleaners that you may try.
4. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
Auslogics is among the renowned names in the PC care domain. This offering from the developer is not only the best registry cleaner software but also an excellent tool to know what is deteriorating the PC’s performance. It highlights the problematic areas in the registry so that you can fix them. Apart from this, below are its other enticing features.
- Boasts an intuitive user-interface
- Lets you backup and restore Windows registry
- Has functionality to ignore registry entries that you don’t want to be scanned
- Encompasses a search button to quickly find the registry.
- Allows you to pause the scan
- It is a completely free registry cleaner for Windows 10
- Even newbies can easily install and use it.
- Sometimes, it installs additional programs
- A few advanced features are not free.
If we disregard the above cons, then in our view, this is one of the best registry cleaners to clean registries in flash of a second.
5. Glarysoft’s Registry Repair
Here comes another freeware to scan clean, and fix the registry issues. It comes with an uncluttered and easy to use interface. Moreover, below are the features that caught our attention and instigated us to include it in our list of the best registry cleaners for Windows 10.
- Scans and clears invalid registry entries
- Lets you backup and restore registry repairs
- Has an ignore list to exclude registry entries from the purview of scan
- It comes with an export option to keep previous and updated registries in separate folders.
- Automatically backs up the registry
- The interface is buttery smooth and easy to use
- It is frequently updated.
- May install other programs on your PC
- It does not offer anything unique apart from the export feature.
6. WinUtilities Free
This is another freeware and a complete package for all your PC optimization and cleaning requirements. It offers a variety of features to cater to your registry cleaning needs. We enlist the prominent ones out of them below.
- It lets you restore the previous registries if anything goes wrong
- The list of registry errors can be exported to HTML file
- Automatically deletes the restore points after a few days of registry alteration
- Hosts a multitude of other functionalities to tweak the PC’s performance.
- Creates the registry backup automatically
- Allows setting up of restore points
- Hosts a lot of advanced tools
- It does not clean junk from browsers
- The support is limited in comparison to its counterparts.
The bottom line is, you may use this best registry cleaning software if restoration and ease of use are your topmost priorities.
Here’s another best registry cleaner for Windows 10 that deeply scans and cleans registry, RAM, and applications. Further, it has one of the most straightforward interfaces we have seen on a registry cleaner software. Moreover, below are some striking features that brought it to this list.
- Rescue center to restore the previous registry repairs
- Registry defrag functionality to optimize and speed up the PC
- Boasts of multilingual support
- Available for both 32 and 64 bit Windows versions.
- Comes with a portable version
- Quickly scans for the registry issues
- Lets you schedule the scans
- Automatically creates registry backups.
- Attempts to install a toolbar when you are installing the software
- It contains a lot of cookies.
In our view, it is among the best registry cleaners for Windows 10 if a quick scan and clean interface are your priorities.
8. Argente Registry Cleaner
This best registry cleaner software encompasses a tiny wizard that makes it easier for you to clean the registry. Apart from the quick registry scans, it hosts an ocean of features to delight the users. We enlist the central ones out of them below.
- Automatic registry backups
- Allows you to undo the changes and restore the previous registry repairs
- Automatic maintenance mode that cleans the PC without any effort on your part
- Supports all Windows versions.
- Lets you choose from two analysis modes
- Allows you to effortlessly undo the changes
- Creates automatic registry backups.
- There is no functionality to schedule the registry scans
- Its user-interface seems a bit complicated and cluttered.
In a nutshell, you may give this one of the best registry cleaners a try if scheduling is not your key requirement.
9. Pointstone Registry Cleaner
This entrant on our list is another best registry cleaner for Windows 10 with an intuitive interface. It segregates the registry errors into various categories for easy analysis. Further, below are some of the other prominent elements that set it apart from the other registry cleaners for Windows 10 on this list.
- Indicates the severity of the errors
- Backs up the registry entries before making any changes
- Supports all the versions of Windows.
- Categorization of errors makes their analysis and fixing easier
- Helps you decide which errors need immediate attention
- Automatic backup helps make things right if anything goes wrong.
- Takes a bit longer to detect registry errors
- Sometimes, you may need to scan multiple times to reveal all the errors.
In our view, this is one of the best free registry cleaners for Windows 10 if you want an uncluttered interface and a quick scan is not your priority.
10. AML Registry Cleaner
This is among those highly rated and the best registry cleaners that the Windows users prefer to use the most. Although the interface seems a bit old, still its functionalities attract the users. Here, we list some of these enticing features.
- Encompasses a functionality to keep registry items out of scan
- Comes with an efficient option to search for registry entries
- Hosts several other tools to optimize the PC’s performance.
- User-interface is fairly easy to use
- It is a feature-rich registry cleaner for Windows 10.
- Does not create automatic registry backups
- The scan functionality works slower in comparison to the other similar tools.
As the name implies, this best free registry cleaner makes it easy for you to clean registry and make the PC work like a brand spanking new model. It is among the widely used and reliable tools to clean the registry and offer a multitude of features. We talk about a few of them below.
- Creates automatic backups for registry
- Lets you search for duplicates.
- Gives you the freedom to manage startup programs, shortcuts, and add or delete software lists
- It allows you to delete unnecessary backups and temporary files.
- Automatically creates registry backups
- Comes with a wide range of setting options
- It is an easy to use registry cleaner for Windows 10.
- There is no functionality to schedule registry scans
- It does not get frequent updates from the developer.
If ease of use is what you want the most, then it is one of the best registry cleaners that you may use.
12. Defencebyte Computer Optimizer
This tiny utility is among the best registry cleaners for Windows 10. It hosts a variety of useful tools to clean the registry and take the PC’s performance a notch up. Some of its distinct features are listed below.
- Comes with a plethora of registry scan options
- Keeps your privacy intact by blocking unwanted URLs
- Detects and removes invalid program paths
- Tracks CPU usages.
- Has excellent support for novice users
- Lets you try the registry cleaner for Windows for 15 days
- Snappily scans and fixes Windows registry errors.
- Installation seems a bit complicated
- It is not updated regularly.
In our view, it is the best registry cleaner software if you want more features at a comparatively less price.
13. Little Registry Cleaner
This is a little but power-packed registry cleaner for Windows 10. Many essential features are bundled in this minimal software. Let’s discuss a few of them.
- Lets you select a folder for automatic registry backups
- Allows you to exclude files and folders from the scan
- Creates a restore point before making any alterations to the registry
- Effectively scans for invalid registry entries.
- Boasts a portable version
- It is an open-source Windows 10 registry cleaner
- Automatically creates backups.
- Shows ads
- Functions a bit slower than the other best registry cleaners on this list.
The bottom line is, use it if you want a feature-rich and lightweight utility for free.
Also Know: Best CPU Benchmark Software For Windows
14. Free Window Registry Repair
It is among the best free registry cleaners available in the town currently. Further, it scans registry errors, repairs them, and elevates the PC’s performance. Here are a few of its central features that brought it to the list of the best registry cleaners.
- Has the much-needed backup and restore option
- Gives you the freedom to run custom registry scans
- It allows you to scan the system automatically at the startup.
- Completely free registry cleaner for Windows 10
- Its user interface is clean and easy to use
- You may need to run multiple scans to find out all the registry errors
- It does not provide much guidance on how to use the software.
In our view, you may use this utility if you want a straightforward freeware with no viruses and ads.
15. Registry Life
Here we have another best free registry cleaner for Windows 10. It boasts of a wizard that lets you clean the registry easily. Further, it also hosts several other useful features. We state a few of them below.
- Comes with a registry defragmenter
- Compresses the register to free up the PC space
- It allows you to clear junk from the registry.
- Backs up the registry before running the scan
- It has one of the most straightforward and uncluttered interfaces.
- It is an ad-supported freeware
- Often attempts to install other third-party software.
Above were the best utilities to clean the registry in Windows 10. Now, let’s address some of the frequently asked questions so that selecting the perfect utility becomes easier for you.
Addressing the Queries about Registry Cleaners for Windows 10
Choosing the correct tool to clean the registry is not an easy thing to do. It requires a doubt-free mind. Therefore, here is an answer to every question that you may have about the registry cleaners.
Q1. What are the benefits of clearing the registry?
An uncluttered and clean registry can give you a multitude of benefits. The central ones out of them are listed below.
- It eliminates the invalid registry entries
- Deletes the entries pointing out to non-existent programs
- Elevates the PC’s performance as a whole
- Prevents frequent system crashes and errors such as Blue Screen of Death
Q2. What is the need for the Windows registry?
A registry is among the core components of every computer system. It stores all the system settings. Further, if you make any alterations to these settings, then they are also stored in the registry.
Moreover, whenever you launch an application or program, it gets the settings from the registry to get started.
Q3. How to repair and make alterations to the registry?
Although there is a manual way to fix the registry errors and alter the registry, still we would recommend the use of the best registry cleaners to do the needful. This is so because manual repair and alteration using Windows Registry Editor is a cumbersome and time-consuming process.
Q4. What is meant by a registry cleaner software?
It is a utility that detects and fixes all the broken and invalid registry entries to optimize and speed up the PC.
Q5. Is it safe to use a registry cleaner?
Not every random cleaner, but the registry cleaners mentioned in this post are safe tools. They clean the registry and elevate the PC’s performance.
Q6. Is there a registry cleaner from Microsoft?
At present, Microsoft does not provide a built-in registry cleaner. You need to install third-party software. We would suggest you install one from the above list.
Q7. Does cleaning the registry make the computer’s performance faster?
Invalid registry entries slow down the computer. The best registry cleaners scan and remove them to speed up the computer’s performance.
Q8. Why is it important to clean registries?
Cleaning the registries detects and removes invalid entries and fixes errors. This tweaks the PC’s performance and speeds it up.
Q9. Is there a need to use registry cleaner for Windows 10?
It is crucial to use a tool that cleans and fixes registry errors. However, unreliable tools harm the PC. Therefore, we suggest you pick a registry cleaner from our list.
Hopefully, after knowing about the best registry cleaners and answer to the frequently asked questions, you would make the right choice. Keep your registry clean at all times so that the PC performs like a new model always. Lastly, before leaving, do not forget to subscribe to Innovana Blogs for more such interesting information.