Are you fed up with the slow startup of your Mac or its sluggish performance? Then, read about the best free startup manager apps for Mac to boost its speed and performance.
People choose Macs for the robust performance it offers. If you want a fast computer, Macs won’t disappoint you. But in the long run, they also show signs of slowing down, like a delayed startup. If you are also witnessing the same, then you need the best startup app manager for Mac.
The startup manager tool effectively manages the various services, processes, and applications that run in the background every time you start the Mac. If these apps or processes are too much or unnecessary, then your device boots slower than usual.
Therefore, we are here with the best startup managers for Mac (both free and paid) to boot the device faster.
Top 10 Best Startup Manager Apps for Mac [100% Working]
Below are the carefully selected and researched startup manager apps for Mac that you can use.
1. CleanMyMac X
This software does not need much of an introduction. It is one of the best startup manager apps for Mac to make the device as good as new. Since accumulated junk is one of the top reasons for a slow startup, it boasts a complete bunch of features to clean the Mac and make it boot faster. Below are the top ones out of them.
Key features of CleanMyMac X
- It boasts multiple tools to clean junk, such as unneeded emails and photos from your device.
- The software lists the background startup items responsible for slowing down the Mac. You can disable them with just a click.
- It protects your Mac from malware, ransomware, adware, and other threats.
- There is a tool to uninstall the unrequired apps and update the outdated ones.
Here is another popular and one of the best free startup manager apps for Mac. CCleaner is a complete package of features that protect your privacy, boost device speed, and keep your Mac secure.
It boasts a startup manager panel where you can view the login items, manage them, and disable the unnecessary ones. Apart from this, below is what else you can do with this software.
Key features of CCleaner
- Using its intuitive interface, you can clean up the recycle bin, temporary folders, broken permissions, and other clutter effortlessly.
- It allows you to uninstall the unneeded programs with just a click.
- You can delete your browser search history and cookies to protect your privacy.
- It lets you choose which files and folders to include or exclude from the scan.
- You can choose which cookies you want to keep or delete from your computer.
- In the professional version, you get additional features such as real-time monitoring, automatic updates, and premium support.
This software from ReviverSoft is also one of the best choices for a startup manager app for Mac. It offers numerous features that restore the optimal performance, speed, and stability of your Mac.
With this software, you can manage the startup applications on your device to reduce the boot time effortlessly. Below are some of its other stunning features.
Key features of MacReviver
- There is an anti-theft protection feature to track down your Mac in case of theft.
- You can remove duplicates, unneeded files, cache, useless log files, unrequired system files, and other junk to free up hard drive space.
- It allows you to uninstall unwanted applications, widgets, preferences, and plugins.
- There is an option to remove unneeded system language files as well.
- It boasts a shredder to delete files permanently and securely.
- You can manage and set up battery usage profiles.
- It allows you to create a restore point to roll back the changes if you do not like them.
Here comes another free startup manager app for Mac for a faster and optimized boot process. It pushes your Mac to peak performance with amazing features, such as a tool to clean up 20 types of junk files.
It analyzes the third-party apps and processes forming a part of the device’s startup. And, lets you remove the unneeded ones quite easily. Along with this, below are its other essential features.
Key features of MacBooster
- There are five cleanup tools to remove junk files, such as large/old files, duplicate files, etc.
- Its turbo boost deletes the cache produced by third-party apps and fixes disk permission issues.
- MacBooster optimizer or even closes the apps eating up your device memory.
- It boasts virus scan, malware removal, and other privacy protection tools as well.
5. App Cleaner & Uninstaller
Nektony’s App Cleaner & Uninstaller is also among the best startup optimizers for Mac. Since unneeding applications are top space-hogging items responsible for slow startup, this software lets you remove them completely along with their remains.
Apart from this, the software also offers some essential features to optimize your Mac startup and general device performance. Let’s take a look at them.
Key features of App Cleaner & Uninstaller
- With this app, you can delete caches, application support files, and preference files of unwanted apps.
- It lets you change startup programs, disable unnecessary startup processes, and remove unwanted login items.
- The software allows you to uninstall macOS install files, browser extensions, preference files, internet plugins, and Mac widgets.
- It lets you change the apps to open specific file types.
- You can use basic or expert mode depending on your requirements.
- It allows you to add apps to the skip list to protect them from accidental uninstallation.
Next, we have MacKeeper on our list of the best free startup manager apps for Mac. This application claims to be a one-stop solution for issues, including slow startup.
Along with an optimized startup, it provides several other benefits as well to ensure complete security and smooth performance of your device. Below are the top ones from them.
Key features of MacKeeper
- With this software, you can remove system junk, delete duplicates, and perform a complete disk cleanup with just a few clicks.
- It provides powerful malware detection, on-demand scans, and real-time protection from viruses.
- The software allows you to manage your memory usage and control/disable memory-intensive applications and processes.
- You get a VPN to browse privately and securely.
- It blocks annoying banners and popup advertisements.
For users needing an advanced startup manager app for Mac, OnyX is one of the best choices. It does not boast a fancy-looking interface but provides many high-end features to make up for it.
For instance, this multifunctional utility from Titanium Software even lets you rebuild different databases and indexes. Below are some other fascinating features.
Key features of OnyX
- With this software, you can delete system caches.
- It allows you to remove problematic files and folders.
- You can view the malware found by the in-built malware detection program of your Mac.
- It gives one-click access to various maintenance tasks, such as startup drive verification, running of maintenance scripts, repairing file permissions, etc.
- The software lets you delete system cache files and large log files securely.
8. Mac Optimizer Pro
Here is yet another software to manage your Mac startup. It helps you remove the clutter making your device slow, tweaks, tunes, and optimizes its whole performance. For all slow-running Macs, it provides powerful features to make them fast.
You can remove unnecessary log items, incompatible apps, unrequired startup programs, etc. to make the boot process faster. Along with this, below are some other prominent features of this software.
Key features of Mac Optimizer Pro
- It boasts a comprehensive cleaner that lets you remove unwanted cache and other unnecessary items to free up disk space.
- With this software, you can remove malware and suspicious apps.
- It comes with a file shredder to delete unwanted files permanently.
9. Dr. Cleaner
Next, we have Dr. Cleaner as one of the best free startup manager apps for Mac. It boasts a wide selection of features to keep your Mac running smoothly. For instance, it lets you identify the memory-hogging apps that are responsible for slowing down the startup process with just a click.
As soon as Dr. Cleaner takes charge of your Mac’s health, you see a significant improvement in its performance and a more optimized startup. Below are some of its attractive features.
Key features of Dr. Cleaner
- You can clean temporary files and other junk effortlessly.
- It lets you optimize your Mac’s memory with one click.
- There is a single click option to delete big files (files above 10 MB or above).
- It allows you to view your CPU and real-time network usage.
Another amazing Mac startup manager app we have for you is TuneUpMyMac. It provides a variety of features, like junk file cleaner, malware scanner, and easy deactivation of unwanted startup apps.
Along with the ones shared above, it boasts many other useful features as well that make it one of the best startup management apps for Mac. Let’s take a walk through them.
Key features of TuneUpMyMac
- It lets you clean system cache, unused languages, logs, and temporary files with one click.
- With this software, you can remove duplicate files, uninstall unwanted apps and their remains easily.
- It allows you to find, enable, disable, and add startup programs effortlessly.
- There is a shredder for the secure deletion of files.
- This software also allows you to remove space-hogging large files.
Concluding the best startup manager apps for Mac
Through this article, we brought to the fore various paid and best free startup manager apps for Mac. You can select any of them to bring your Mac back to its prime, i.e., the state of fast, smooth, and optimized performance. And, for more app recommendations for Mac, stay connected to our blog.