We all have plenty of software installed on our computers. Some of them we downloaded willingly, whereas many others came bundled with other applications. After thinking a bit, we realize that several tools out of this software pool are merely space eaters and good for nothing. It is better to uninstall them as soon as possible to ensure that the PC performs optimally. However, manually uninstalling software is an utter waste of time as even after you remove the software, its remnants continue to hog up the device’s space. Thus, you need the best software uninstaller for Windows 10 to scrape away the useless software from your PC.
But, using any random software uninstaller can pose a threat to your PC’s well-being. Therefore, to help you select the correct utility that removes unneeded applications and their traces without harming your PC, this write-up enlists our top recommendations for the best uninstaller software for Windows 10.
The Truly Best Uninstaller for Windows 10 in 2020 (Remove Unwanted Programs Completely)
Not every software can be called the best uninstaller software. Thus, below are the real gems, i.e., the top uninstallers that permanently scrap away unwanted programs without harming your PC.
1. Ashampoo Uninstaller 8
We start the list with the best free uninstaller from Ashampoo. It is not merely a utility to remove unneeded programs but it also keeps the health of the PC in check. Below are its noteworthy features.
- Has a program install monitor
- Contains a snapshot functionality to compare the PC’s health before and after a period
- It has a disk defragmenter, junk cleaner, and more such functionalities
- It supports all Windows versions.
Above were the striking features of this uninstaller software, now let’s have a look at the pros that make it the best free uninstaller for Windows 10.
- Automatically scraps away residual files after program uninstall
- Supports bulk program uninstall
- Its install monitor makes it easier for you to uninstall programs later on
- Elevates the overall performance of the PC.
Everything on the planet has its fair share of downsides, Ashampoo Uninstaller 8 is no exception. Below are its worth-mentioning cons.
- It is free but needs an activation key to work
- It is not updated frequently
In our view, if we disregard the above cons, then it is undoubtedly among the best uninstaller programs to try.
2. IObit Uninstaller
This entrant on our list is also the best uninstaller for Windows 10. It has the most straightforward and easy to use interface. Apart from this, below are some of its features that caught our attention.
- Registry and file system scan for residual files
- It has the much-needed system restore and file shredder functionality
- It supports Windows 10 as well as all the older versions of Windows.
Apart from the above features, it also has some pros that segregate it from the other best uninstaller software in the lot.
- It lets you uninstall a program in multiple ways
- It supports batch uninstall of unwanted programs
- It has an in-built utility to identify bundleware
- Scans and removes residual files snappily.
In addition to the above pros, it also has some noteworthy cons. Here they are.
- It only identifies bundleware and does not let you remove them at once
- It often tries to install other products from IObit on your system
- It may sometimes show annoying ads.
The bottom line is, this is the best uninstaller program if ease of use is your topmost priority.
3. Geek Uninstaller
Here comes another best free uninstaller for Windows 10. It is a tough contender for its counterparts because of the features mentioned below.
- Sort and search functionalities for easily finding unneeded programs and uninstalling them
- Supports all Windows versions and Windows server 2008/2003
In addition to the above features, below pros also induced us to include this uninstaller software in our list of the best uninstallers for Windows.
- It forcefully scrubs away the stubborn residual files
- There’s no need to install it on your system as it is a portable utility
- Helps you manage the programs better
- Lets you view a program’s registry entry
- It transfers the list of installed software to an HTML file
Apart from the pros, below are the downsides of this software that you must be aware of.
- There is no restore functionality
- The features such as batch uninstall work only in the paid version.
The final verdict is, you may get this uninstaller software if you want a decent utility without paying even a penny.
4. Revo Uninstaller
This is another best uninstaller software program that comes in both portable as well as the regular version. Below are the features that make it unique and one of the best uninstallers for Windows.
- A Hunter Mode to uninstall a program by selecting its open window
- Advanced Mode to scan for residual files in registry and file systems
- It also creates a system restore point to make things right if anything goes wrong
- It also has some extra features such as a junk cleaner.
Apart from these features, we also a few pros of using this best uninstaller for Windows 10. We share them below.
- It has an uncluttered and easy to use interface
- It automatically creates a restore point
- It has several tools to enhance the PC’s performance.
However, Revo Uninstaller is also not free from downsides. Below are its prominent cons.
- Batch uninstall is not supported
- It cannot scrape away the partially uninstalled programs.
5. Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Like the other best uninstaller programs in this list, Advanced Uninstaller PRO also effectively uninstalls unwanted programs and residual files. In addition to this, below are some of its striking features.
- It comes with a Monitored Installation feature to view your PC’s state before and after program removal
- Supports both 32 bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10
- It also has a registry cleaner and files shredder.
Apart from these features, it also boasts some pros. Let’s talk about them.
- It effectively removes all the residuals of a program
- The extra tools such as junk cleaner boost the PC’s performance
- It uninstalls all the unwanted programs snappily
- It supports backup and restores for the entire program.
In addition to these pros, it also has a few downsides. Here we share the same.
- The interface is a bit cluttered
- It does not contain the functionality to create a restore center before uninstalling software.
After carefully analyzing the pros and cons, we can say that this is the best uninstaller for Windows 10 if you’re ready to shell out some bugs for the extra tools it offers.
6. Comodo Programs Manager
Comodo is a renowned name in the antivirus domain. In addition to this praiseworthy antivirus, the developer also has in store the best uninstaller software for Windows with a free 30 days trial. Here are the features that instigated us to make it a part of our list.
- It has an install monitor
- It also contains the essential backup and restores functionality
- It has an in-built virus detector
- There’s a utility to detect partially installed programs.
These were the Comodo Programs Manager’s key features. In addition to them, we also noticed several pros. Here they are.
- It also lets you delete Windows drivers and updates
- It offers integration with Explorer for easy uninstallations
- It enables you to restore the programs that you’ve accidentally uninstalled with ease.
Apart from the above pros, it also has a few noticeable cons. We share the same below.
- You need to restart the PC after installing it
- It does not support Windows 10 and 8.
In our view, if the above cons don’t bother you, then this is among the best free uninstallers that you can get.
7. Wise Program Uninstaller
This is among those best uninstallers for Windows 10 that have uncluttered and smooth user-interface. Apart from this, below are the features that brought this uninstaller software to this list.
- Force uninstalls the redundant programs
- Easy program sort and search functionality
- It supports all Windows versions ranging from XP to Windows 10.
Not only the above features but the below-mentioned pros also make it one of the best uninstaller program for Windows 10.
- It makes it easier to uninstall the stubborn programs and their remnants
- It also removes the program’s entry from the registry
- It lets you create a TXT file with details such as the program’s name, installs date, version number, etc.
Apart from the above pros, it also has some cons that you must know. We share the same below.
- It does not let you restore the programs
- It does not let you uninstall multiple programs simultaneously
- It sometimes troubles you with ads.
In our view, if the above cons don’t seem troublesome to you, then it is worth trying and the best free uninstaller for Windows 10.
8. Puran Uninstaller
This utility from Puran is also among the best free uninstaller programs for Windows 10 available currently. Below are a few of its key features.
- Instant search installed software search functionality
- It contains a forced and batch uninstaller
- Verifies an untrusted program’s identity with code signing
- It supports all Windows versions.
In our experience with this utility, we also took note of some pros that segregates it from the other entrants in this list. Here, we share the same.
- It also identifies malicious programs and the latest viruses that may harm your system
- It has one of the most uncluttered and buttery smooth interfaces we have come across
- It enables you to uninstall unwanted programs in bulk.
Along with the pros stated above, it also has a few noteworthy cons. We share them below.
- It is not updated regularly
- The batch uninstall functionality is not as efficient as the other uninstaller software in this list
- An ad constantly occupies the bottom of the program’s screen.
The bottom line is, it is a great software to try if you need an uninstaller with the most straightforward user-interface.
9. CCleaner Professional
This is another best uninstaller for Windows 10 that tweaks and optimizes the PC’s performance as a whole. In addition to this, below are its prominent features.
- It boasts the functionality to uninstall pre-installed Windows apps
- Has several other tools such as junk cleaner that elevate the PC’s performance and speed it up
- It has support for all the Windows versions.
Along with these features, it also has some noteworthy pros. Here are the key ones out of them.
- It uninstalls unwanted programs and their remains within a fraction of a second
- It has a clean and user-friendly interface.
CCleaner, in spite of being a renowned brand, is not free from downsides. Below are its most troublesome cons.
- It does not support batch and force uninstall
- Troubles you with unnecessary popup ads to install Avast Free Antivirus.
If we disregard the above cons, then CCleaner can be called a complete package for your uninstalling and PC care needs.
This is another portable and the best free uninstaller for Windows 10 that you may consider. Here, we enlist a few of its unique features.
- Advanced automation to remove programs without any kind of user intervention
- It supports force and batch uninstall
- It contains a host of other useful functionalities such as startup manager and more.
In addition to the above features, the below-mentioned pros also attract users to this utility.
- Truly automatic uninstaller software
- The easiest to use interface even for non-techies
Like all the other best uninstaller programs, it also has certain downsides. Here they are.
- It only supports 9 languages
- You cannot switch to the advanced mode.
In our view, if we put these cons aside, then it is among the must-try uninstaller programs for Windows 10.
Also Know: Best Overclocking Software for Windows
11. Absolute Uninstaller
Here comes another best uninstaller program for Windows 10. Let’s talk about a few of its praiseworthy features.
- It has an in-built organizer for large programs
- It contains a utility to delete Windows update
- It has a tool to uninstall programs in bulk
- It also deletes program shortcuts.
Apart from the above features, here are worth mentioning pros.
- It is easy to use uninstaller program
- It finds and fixes invalid registry entries related to an installed program.
Talking about the downsides, below are the cons of Absolute Uninstaller.
- Batch uninstalling is not that efficient in comparison to the other tools
- Sometimes, it attempts to install other programs on your PC.
The final verdict is, if the above cons do not trouble you, then you may give this software a try.
12. Anvi Uninstaller
This lightweight and portable utility is also among the best free uninstallers. Below are its key features.
- Has an option to delete the extras received with Windows update
- Lets you search for the installed programs.
Apart from the above features, here are its praiseworthy pros.
- It helps you in better program organization
- It does not hog up your PC’s disk space
- It is easy to use.
Talking about the downsides, here are the cons of Anvi Uninstaller.
- It does not support bulk uninstalls
- It does not scan and delete the program’s residuals
- It is not regularly updated.
In our view, it is the best uninstaller program for all those users who want a lightweight utility to get rid of unwanted programs.
This was our review of the best uninstaller for Windows 10. You can choose any one of them. But, if you are confused about which of the uninstaller software to use, then we would recommend Ashampoo Uninstaller 8 for the features it offers. Lastly, before you leave, do let us know this post helped you or not. Also, join us in our newsletter to get more such information and updates about the tech world.