In this article, we share the best WiFi boosters and extenders so that you can enjoy high-speed internet in every corner of your home.
It is the world of netizens who live and breathe the internet. Living without the internet has become quite a tough job these days. Further, in the present-day scenario, where everything has gone digital, the need for the internet has increased manifolds. All-time available internet connectivity is something that we all desire. WiFi helps us connect to the internet at a relatively lower cost, but if we lose the internet connection when moving away from the router, then it becomes frustrating. If we are on the same page, then read further to know the best WiFi extenders.
A WiFi extender extends the boundaries of your router, i.e., it makes the internet connection available even when you are far away from the router. Moreover, many of these extenders double up as a WiFi booster so that you can enjoy a high-speed internet no matter whether you are in the living room or on the rooftop of your home.
Now, without any further ado, let’s begin exploring the WiFi range extenders and boosters available in the marketplace so that you can find the best one for your needs with ease.
Best WiFi Extenders in 2021 to Extend the WiFi Range
Below are the best WiFi extenders and boosters that we have tried and tested in terms of the signal quality, security, difficulty level of the setup process, and various other parameters.
1. Amped Wireless Athena-EX RE2600M Range Extender
Best Extender for large areas
If you have a multi-device household and a large area, then Amped Wireless Athena-EX RE2600M range extender is among the best WiFi range extenders that you can buy. It provides an excellent internet connection up to 15000 square feet from where the limits of your WiFi router end. Moreover, below are the other striking features of this product that brought it to our list.
- It is equipped with 16 advanced amplifiers (4 x 2.4GHz amplifiers, 4 x 5GHz amplifiers, 4 x 2.4GHz signal reception amplifiers, 4 x 5GHz signal reception amplifiers), and 4 high gain 5dBi antennas to provide you high-speed internet access.
- Boasts ATHENA-EX with MU-MIMO technology that serves data to multiple devices at the same time so that you as well as your dear ones can enjoy undisturbed movie streaming, gaming, and downloading.
- It comes with 4 transmitters with 4 receivers and 4 antennas per frequency to ensure connection stability.
- Increases the bandwidth so that multiple devices can use the WiFi seamlessly at all times.
- Hosts 4 gigabit wired ports to help you connect PCs, servers, printers, or A/V devices, such as smart TVs, Blu-ray™ players, or gaming consoles effortlessly.
- Its dual-core internet processor handles heavy traffic quite smoothly.
- You can add up to eight additional networks with different passwords and bandwidth limitations for your guests.
- Fast and simple to install.
- Boasts a plethora of settings.
- It comes with a lot of ports.
- It is a bit pricey.
2. Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
A good plug-in range WiFi extender
If you are going through the WiFi range extender reviews to find out the one that is easy to install, boosts the WiFi connection, and supports MU-MIMO streaming to connect multiple devices with ease, then your search may end at Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender. It provides all these features plus a few other features that we discuss below.
- Boasts smart roaming functionality that connects your device to the best available WiFi when you take a tour of your house.
- You only need a single WiFi name and password to extend the range of the WiFi router.
- Hosts Mesh WiFi features to set up the extender seamlessly.
- It offers dual-band WiFi speed up to 2.2Gbps.
- Employs Beamforming+ technology, i.e., the next level of traditional Beamforming to improve WiFi range and reliability.
- Hosts a gigabit port to connect devices such as smart TVs and game consoles.
- It has a low noise amplifier to boost the quality of incoming transmissions from mobile devices.
- Simple installation process.
- Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) support.
- It provides a blazingly fast connection speed.
- It is a little bulky.
- There are no antennas.
3. TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Range Extender (RE450)
Best way to extend WiFi if there is not much space
It is among the best WiFi boosters and extenders for gaming, movie streaming, working from home, and all other such purposes if you have a limited budget and space. It comes with some of the most unique features such as three adjustable antennas to provide stable and reliable WiFi coverage and connectivity. Apart from this, below is what else it offers to netheads.
- Gigabit Ethernet port connects a wired device such as smart TVs and more to the network at a fast speed.
- It comes with a signal light that shows where the signal strength is strong so that you can decide the best location for its placement.
- This WiFi extender can work with any WiFi router or access point without any glitches.
- It provides 450Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps on 5GHz totals 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds.
- With this WiFi extender, you can boost the coverage of your router up to 10000 square feet.
- No lock-ups or signal dropouts.
- Measurable signal strength improvements.
- Easy to install.
- It does not have a pass-through outlet connection.
- Seems a bit heavier.
4. Amped Wireless High Power AC2600 WiFi Range Extender
Best WiFi booster and range extender with MU-MIMO
If you are looking for a good WiFi extender with MU-MIMO support, then Amped Wireless High Power AC2600 WiFi Range Extender is a great choice. It extends the limit of your router up to 12,000 square feet and provides MU-MIMO support as well. In addition to this, below are its other highlighting features.
- It boasts 16 Powerful Amplifiers (4 x 2.4GHz amplifiers, 4 x 5GHz amplifiers, 4 x 2.4GHz signal reception amplifiers, 4 x 5GHz signal reception amplifiers) and 4 high gain antennas( 2 internal and 2 external) for the ultimate WiFi coverage.
- With this WiFi extender, you get a speed of up to 2.53Gbps, that’s 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz frequency and 1733Mbps on the 5GHz. This speed is more than enough to stream 4K and video content without any issues.
- The increased bandwidth ensures that you and your family can enjoy the power of the internet at the same time without any connection drops.
- Hosts an in-built wired network port for connecting the PC, server, printer, or any A/V device.
- Its dual-core internet processor handles even the heaviest traffic with ease.
- Lets you create separate networks for guests with a unique password and bandwidth restrictions.
- You can install it effortlessly.
- Encompasses an ocean of settings.
- The external antennas seem unpleasing.
- There is no pass-through outlet.
5. D-Link WiFi Dual Band Range Extender DAP-1650
Best WiFi signal booster if you are tight on budget
Next on our list is D-Link WiFi Dual Band Range Extender DAP-1650. It is a great choice for everyone who is searching for the best WiFi repeater extender that is not heavily priced. It speeds up your internet connection up to 1200 Mbps (up to 300 Mbps (2.4GHz)+ 867 Mbps (5GHz)). Moreover, it also provides several other features that we discuss below.
- Hosts 4 gigabit LAN ports for establishing high-speed wired connections.
- Employs Multiple antenna (MMO) technology for a wide coverage both inside and around the home.
- With simultaneous dual bands, you can browse the web on one network and stream your favorite media content on the other.
- It offers Wireless 802.11n/g/b/a backward compatibility and WPA™ or WPA2™ encryption.
- 5GHz performance is strong.
- It is easy to set up.
- There are a plethora of configuration options available.
- It is affordably priced.
- The physical design is quite modern and sleek.
- USB fails to work in the extended mode.
- Sometimes, the auto-configuration does not work correctly.
6. TP-Link RE650 AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender
Overall the best WiFi extender to buy
Price: $ 149.99
If you are looking for a powerline WiFi extender that is the best of all worlds, then TP-Link RE650 AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender is the one for you. It offers some stunning features such as 4-Stream for AC2600 Dual Band Wi-Fi – Simultaneous 800Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps on 5GHz. Below we discuss all of its features in detail.
- Boasts MU-MIMO support for faster data transfer to multiple devices simultaneously.
- Employs Beamforming technology for improved WiFi connectivity.
- With its gigabit ethernet ports, you can establish effortless and fast connections to smart TVs, computers, gaming consoles, and such other devices.
- Indicates signal strength with its intelligent signal light so that you can place it correctly.
- Lets you create a new WiFi access point for enhancing the wired network with WiFI connectivity.
- Boasts an iOS and Andriod app to easily manage the network.
- It is compatible with every WiFi router or wireless access point.
- Performs exceptionally well.
- It may sometimes block adjacent outlets.
7. Rock Space AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender
One of the most compact WiFi extenders
If your requirement is low priced and compact WiFi repeater, then Rock Space AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender is among the best choices. It offers a great basic WiFi performance and a few incredible features that we share below.
- Hosts blue and red light indicators to help you place the extender correctly.
- It is a dual band WiFi repeater with wide coverage.
- Boasts three operating modes, namely Repeater mode, Access point mode, and Router mode.
- Due to its compact size, it is perfect for even small houses.
- Compact design.
- It has two adjustable antennas.
- Best if there are space issues.
- It does not support WiFi 6.
- The performance is highly mediocre.
So, that’s where the list of the best WiFi extenders and boosters ends. We receive numerous queries about extending and boosting the WiFi connectivity. If you also have any doubts or questions about the same, then below you will find all your answers as only a doubt-free mind can decide which is the best product for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the difference between WiFi booster and WiFi extender?
WiFi booster is a term used to denote all kinds of products that boost the WiFi connectivity and extends the router’s reach. It means that WiFi extenders are also a WiFi booster.
Q2. Where should the WiFi extender be placed?
Ideally, the WiFi extender should be placed anywhere between the wireless router and your computer. However, if you choose to place it somewhere else, then make sure that it is within the range of your wireless router.
Q3. Should I choose a desktop WiFi extender or a plug-in?
There are two kinds of WiFi extenders. One is a desktop and the other is a plug-in. Desktop extenders are large in size, relatively high priced, and suitable for connecting to devices such as printers, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and more. Whereas, the plug-in extenders are quite affordable and compact. You can choose any of them depending on your requirements.
Q4. Should I go with the WiFi Mesh system or not?
While the WiFi extender only extends the limits of your current wireless router, the WiFi Mesh system completely replaces it. Moreover, the WiFi Mesh system is costlier as compared to the extenders. Therefore, you should go with the Mesh system if you are unhappy with the performance of your wireless router and need to replace it entirely.
Which are the Best WiFi Extender and Booster
In this post, we looked at the best WiFi boosters and extenders available in the market at the present time. We hope that now that you have gone through the features, pros, and cons of each of these extenders, it will be easier for you to decide which one is the perfect fit for your requirements. Do let us know if you have any questions or confusion. And, do not forget to subscribe to this blog if you liked our work.