Having a backup of drivers is essential for the times when things go wrong. Thus, read on to know the best software to backup and restore drivers on Windows 10.
Sometimes, you may find yourself stuck in a situation where the latest driver update does not work, or you have deleted the drivers accidentally. In such a scenario, driver backups rescue you. If you have backed up the drivers in advance using the best Windows driver backup software, then you can restore them on the PC.
It is quite necessary to have a driver backup as, without a driver, hardware fails to comply with your commands, and you experience errors such as Blue Screen of Death. Therefore, you need to backup drivers on Windows 10 for the times when you lose the existing driver for your hardware. But talking about the software to backup and restore Windows drivers, the market place is full of them. However, not all of these utilities is the best. Therefore, we curated the top utilities.
Recommended Utility To Backup And Restore Windows Drivers
Before starting the evaluation of some best driver backup tools, we would like to share our recommendations. In our opinion, it is Bit Driver Updater that tops the chart here. We have also described the software below. But, if you are looking for a quick solution to backup & restore your Windows drivers, then we suggest you go for Bit Driver Updater. You can download it right from here.
The Top Software to Backup and Restore Drivers on Windows 10
Below we enlist the best Windows drivers backup software that lets you get the drivers back when you lose or accidentally delete them.
1. Bit Driver Updater (Recommended Tool To Backup & Restore Drivers)
This is not merely the best software to backup and restore drivers on Windows 10, but also a complete solution for PC issues. It automatically identifies outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers on your PC and installs them.That’s the reason why we have named it as the most recommended tool to backup and restore device drivers. Apart from this, below are more of its commendable features.
Remarkable features of Bit Driver Updater
- Tweaks and speeds up the performance of your PC.
- Saves your time from manual driver hunt on the web.
- Updates all the drivers without any cumbersome efforts on your end.
- This free driver backup and restore software has high compatibility with all Windows versions.
2. DriverGuide Toolkit
This entrant on our list is both the best Windows driver backup software and a complete driver updater tool. In addition to offering easy driver backups, it automatically identifies all the device drivers and updates them. Let’s have a look at its other central features.
Striking features of DriverGuide Toolkit
- Automatically identifies and creates driver backups.
- Hosts a vast driver database for the users to search online.
- Recommends you the latest driver updates automatically.
- Hosts a multitude of tools to elevate the PC’s processing speed and shield it from various security threats.
Here comes another best software to backup and restore drivers on Windows 10. In addition to creating backups, it also helps you update all the outdated drivers effortlessly. It hosts a wide range of drivers for all the Windows versions. Below are more of its features.
Commendable features of DriverMax
- Supports unlimited driver downloads for pro users.
- Adds an extra layer of security to shield driver backups from threats.
- Automatically updates all the outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers on your PC.
- Speeds up and takes the PC’s performance to another level.
4. Driver Backup 2
What makes this one of the best free driver backup software is its user-friendliness. This easy-to-use software identifies drivers, creates their backup, and restore them without any cumbersome efforts on your part. Moreover, below are a few of its other features.
Praiseworthy features of Driver Backup 2!
- It is a portable software to create driver backup and restore them, there is no need to install the tool.
- In addition to Windows, it also creates third party driver backups.
- Boasts an integrated command line builder.
- This tool to backup drivers on Windows 10 does not consume much of the system’s resources.
5. Double Driver
This is another freeware to restore drivers on Windows 10. What made it a part of our list are the amazing features it offers to delight the users. Let’s talk about the prominent ones out of them.
Incredible features of Double Driver
- Boasts the ability to backup drivers from non-booting Windows.
- Encompasses a GUI and command-line interface for easy backup and restore.
- As this is a portable software to create Windows driver backups, there is no need to install it.
- Stores the backups in a standard ZIP or EXE folder and lets you restore them with just a single click.
- Automatically finds and installs missing drivers for better hardware performance.
6. Driver Magician Lite
When the talk is about the best Windows driver backup software, the name of Driver Magician cannot be missed. Like a true magician, it detects all the drivers, creates their backup, and lets you restore them in a blink of an eye. Here we discuss more of its features.
Unique features of Driver Magician Lite
- In addition to creating driver backups, it also creates a backup of your essential documents.
- This free driver backup software is compatible with all the major Windows versions.
- You can also use this as a driver updater software to update all the outdated drivers.
- Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for you to restore the drivers as and when required.
7. Paragon Software
Let’s now talk about any feature-rich and the best Windows driver backup software. Apart from creating driver backups, it also lets you back up the entire operating system for the times when something unfortunate happens to the PC. Below are some other features of this easy-to-use driver backup utility.
Outstanding features of Paragon Software
- This amazing software to restore Windows drivers also supports cloud storage so that you never lose a driver backup.
- Hosts in-built diagnostics, integrity checks, and self-repair functionalities.
- Seamlessly restores disks, partitions, folders, files, and application-specific data.
- It comes with in-built end-to-end encryption and consumes fewer system resources.
8. Win Driver Backup
If you are looking for free software to backup and restore drivers on Windows 10, then this is among the best choices. It creates a driver backup and lets you restore it to prevent system failure or crash. Moreover, its several other features make it one of our topmost picks. Here we talk about the same.
Noteworthy features of Win Driver Backup
- Lets you choose from 3 backup methods, namely selected, recommended, and all drivers.
- Displays the detailed information of the drivers including their name, provider, date, and version.
- In addition to creating driver backup, it also creates backups for browser cookies.
- Hosts many additional and useful tools such as registry and IE favorites backup.
Above were the best Windows driver backup and restore software. A question may still linger in the minds of some users that is it possible to manually create driver backups and restore them. Even though manual backup and restore is a time-consuming and tiring process, still to put your queries to rest, we discuss the same below.
How to manually Back up and Restore Drivers on Windows 10?
As said earlier, it is a tedious process. Still, if you wish to do it, then here are the steps.
Step1: Locate or create a folder to store driver backups.
Step2: In the Windows search box, type cmd and select the first result that comes up.
Step3: Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
Step4: Type “dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers-backup” and hit enter.
Step5: Once you press enter, drivers get backed up automatically.
Below are the steps to manually restore drivers on Windows 10.
Step1: Press the Windows logo and R key together to launch the Run box.
Step2: In the Run box, type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
Step3: Locate and right-click on the device for which you want to restore the drivers.
Step4: Select Update Driver from the menu that comes up.
Step5: On the next screen, select “Browse my computer for driver software.
Step6: Lastly, select the location where you have the driver backup and click on Next.
Save your Time & Efforts: Pick the Best Windows Driver Backup Software
As you can see, how cumbersome the manual backup and restore process is. We would suggest you use the best software to backup and restore drivers on Windows 10 to save your energy, time, and efforts. All the tools listed above have their unique features so it may become difficult for you to choose one. Lastly, before you leave, don’t forget to bookmark and subscribe to Innovana Blogs for more such information and updates.