This article brings easy and quick solutions for solving the problems if you cannot print PDF.
Portable Document Files or PDFs are one of the safest document types. Hence, most of the crucial documents such as bank statements, official forms, etc. get downloaded as a PDF. Apart from this, it is also quite an easy task to print a PDF file. However, these days, a strange kind of problem is troubling many users that the PDF is not printing. And since you are here with us, we find it safe to presume that you are also one of those users.
However, now you do not have to worry as this article will help you solve the problem in no time. We have got quick and simple fixes to get rid of this issue. But, we believe that first, it is crucial to discuss the causes of this issue. If we know what caused the problem, then solving it is quite simple. Therefore, below we answer one of the questions that most of the users have, i.e., “Why can’t I print my PDF?”
Why is PDF not printing?
There can be a lot of reasons for which you cannot print PDF on your Windows computer. Here are the prominent ones.
- The printer driver is old, corrupted, or missing.
- You have not set the printer as your default printer.
- The PDF file that you are trying to print contains corrupted data.
- In the case of Acrobat Reader, you do not have its latest version.
These were some of the main culprits because of which you are unable to print PDF files. Now, let’s move to the fixes for this problem.
100% Working Solutions to Solve the PDF not Printing Problem
If you cannot print PDF, then try the solutions shared here to fix the issue in no time.
Solution 1: Set the Printer as Default
If you have not set the printer that you are using as your default printer, then it may be the reason for which the PDF is not printing on your computer. Therefore, follow the steps below to set the printer as default.
- In the search box, type “Control Panel” and select it from the results that appear.
- After the Control Panel opens, click on “View by” and select “Large icons.”
- Choose “Devices and Printers” from the Control Panel menu.
- If your printer does not have a green-colored mark, then right-click on it, and select the “ Set as default printer” option.
- Check whether the printer is printing PDF or not.
Solution 2: Use the Image option in Acrobat Reader
If the Adobe print to PDF is not working on Windows 10, then the PDF file may be corrupted or contain incompatible data. To fix this problem, try to use the Image option. Below are the steps to do it.
- Use Acrobat Reader to open the PDF file that you want to print.
- Select the “Print” icon from the toolbar.
- Click on the “Advanced” option and choose “Print As Image.”
- Now, click on “OK” and then choose “Print” to get your PDF printed. If you are still facing PDF printing problems, then try the next solutions.
Solution 3: Create the PDF file Again
Since corrupted and incompatible PDF files is also a reason for which you are not able to print PDF, you can recreate the PDF to fix this problem. Follow the directions shared here to do it.
- Download the PDF file and save it to your hard drive if you have downloaded it previously from a URL or cloud. In case you have created it on your own, then create it again and save it to the hard drive.
- Open the PDF with Acrobat Reader.
- Click on “File” and select “Save as” from the drop-down list. Save the PDF file to the hard drive.
- Double-click the PDF file that you have saved on the hard drive and check whether the issue is resolved or you still cannot print PDF.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Acrobat Reader
In case your Acrobat Reader version is corrupt or outdated, then you cannot print PDF using Adobe. Therefore, you need to uninstall the Acrobat Reader and then reinstall it. Here we share the steps to do it.
- In the search box, type “Apps & features” and click on the first result.
- Locate Acrobat Reader and click on it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
- Once the program is uninstalled, reinstall its latest version from the official website of Adobe.
- Open the file with Adobe and check whether the PDF does not print or the issue is now solved.
Solution 5: Update the Printer Driver (Recommended)
Outdated drivers do not only result in problems like Microsoft print to PDF not working in Windows 7 but all many other printing issues as well. Therefore, to solve the problem, you are required to update the printer driver. You can do it manually through the Device Manager or the printer manufacturer’s website, but the manual process is complicated and takes a lot of time. Therefore, we recommend an automatic method to update drivers. You should update the drivers automatically with Bit Driver Updater. This software updates all the drivers in one-click without you making any tiring effort. Further, it also takes the performance of your PC or laptop a notch up by making it fast and smooth. Moreover, it downloads only those driver updates that are WHQL certified.
Here is how to update the driver for your printer with Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on this link to download and install Bit Driver Updater.
- Let Bit Driver Updater perform an automatic computer scan.
- After two-three seconds, the scan results will appear on the screen. Click on the “Update Now” option present alongside the printer driver to update the same.
You can also make a smart choice by selecting the “Update All” option. A single click on the Update All button updates all the drivers automatically. And provides you a lot of advanced options such as driver backup and restore driver exclusion from the scan and acceleration of the driver’s download speed.
It is this easy to solve the PDF not printing issues with Bit Driver Updater. Hence, click on the link shared here to get this incredible program.
Solution 6: Convert the PDF to a Word document
If the print to PDF is missing or the printer is not showing in PDF, then you can convert the PDF file to a Word document to print it. Follow the instructions given below to do it.
- Open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat.
- Select the “Export to PDF” option from the right pane.
- Select “Microsoft Word” as the export format.
- Choose “Word Document” and then click on “Export.”
- Save the Word document and try printing the same.
Also Read: How to Update Printer Drivers in Windows 10
PDF not Printing: Solved
Through this article, we discussed multiple ways of solving the problems if you cannot print PDF on your computer. In our view, the best solution for the PDF not printing problem is updating the driver with Bit Driver Updater. However, if you know other better fixes for this issue, then kindly enlighten us on the same. And stay tuned with us as we will return soon with another such tech guide.