Read on to learn the best possible ways to download D-Link DWA-131 driver update for free and install it on Windows 10.
Is your D-Link DWA-131 Wireless USB adapter not connecting to the computer, or are you facing other issues with it? Well, you need to download the D-Link DWA-131 driver to fix the problems and make the device work correctly.
Your computer requires a driver to communicate with the USB adapter for the proper execution of your commands.
Without properly installed and updated drivers, the device cannot show the expected performance.
Therefore, this article acquaints you with methods to download, install, and update the D-Link DWA-131 driver for Windows 10.
Methods to download, install, and update D-Link DWA-131 driver
You can follow any of these methods to download and install the updated driver for the D-Link driver for Windows 10.
Method 1: Download D-Link DWA-131 driver via the official website
The official website is considered one of the safest and most reliable sources to obtain updated drivers.
However, before downloading drivers, you must follow the path Settings>System>About to jot down the details about your operating system.
After noting the needed information, follow the steps shared below to download and install the D-Link DWA-131 driver update.
- Head to the official website of D-Link.
- Choose Support from the menu bar.
- Input your USB adapter’s name, i.e., D-Link DWA-131 in the search box and click on Search.
- Click on the DWA-131 USB adapter.
- Select your hardware version. You can find it at the bottom or back of the device. It is also available on the product sticker, like the one shown below present on the device’s box.
In our case, the hardware version is E.
- Make a click on the green-colored Download button to get the installation file of the D-Link DWA-131 driver for Windows 10.
- Make double clicks on the installation file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- Complete the D-Link DWA-131 driver installation.
Method 2: Get the D-Link DWA-131 driver update via Device Manager
Device Manager is a tool in Windows with which you can download and install the updated version of all the peripherals.
Below we share how to employ the Device Manager to download the D-Link DWA-131 driver software for Windows 10.
- Type Device Manager in Windows search and pick it from the suggestion list.
- Click on Network adapters to view them.
- Make a right-click on the D-Link DWA-131 adapter and select the Update driver option.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Give your computer a restart after completing the driver download and install.
Method 3: Get Windows updated to download the D-Link driver update
Updating Windows is another way users prefer to download the D-Link DWA-131 driver for Windows 10 manually.
However, the driver update should not be very recent for Windows to detect it. You can follow these steps to give this method a shot.
- Use the keyboard command Windows+I to call up the Settings panel.
- Pick Update & Security from the options that become available to you.
- Check for updates.
- After you download and install the available update, restart your computer.
Method 4: Download and install the D-Link DWA-131 driver update automatically (Recommended)
Above were various manual ways to download the D-Link DWA-131 driver for free. In our humble opinion, they are a lot technical, tiring, and time-consuming.
Therefore, we suggest you download and install the updated driver automatically with a professional driver updater, like Bit Driver Updater.
This software gets you the needed driver updates with just one click automatically. Moreover, with this software, you can also create driver backups, restore driver backups effortlessly, accelerate the driver download speed, and perform many other functions.
Bit Driver Updater boasts many attractive features. You can give its review a read to learn more about them.
Below is the short and simple process you need to follow to download D-Link driver software for Windows 10.
- Perform a click on the button shared below to download the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Click doubly on the downloaded installer to run it and complete the program installation.
- Wait for two to three seconds till the completion of the scan.
- Update All out-of-date drivers to their newest version.
If you prefer updating just the D-Link DWA-131 driver, use the Update Now option.
However, if you wish to get the best performance from your computer, update all the flagged drivers.
D-Link DWA-131 driver downloaded, installed, and updated
Above were the best-known ways to download, install, and update the D-Link DWA-131 driver on Windows 10. You can pick the one you like depending on your convenience.
However, we prefer updating drivers with Bit Driver Updater. It makes the task a whole lot easier, along with fixing various issues.
If you are aware of any other better methods to get the needed drivers downloaded and installed, please use the comments section to enlighten us. You can also jot down your ideas and suggestions about this blog in the below comment box.