We all love listening to songs on computers, playing games with electrifying sounds, and streaming movies with fabulous background scores. Imagining a notebook PC or desktop without audio can surely be frustrating. But, your PC may go sound-less if you don’t have the correct sound drivers installed. Therefore, this post discusses the best ways to download audio drivers on Windows 10.
Now, without wasting precious time, let’s move to the methods to get the needed sound drivers on a Windows 10 PC.
Quick & Easy Methods to Download Audio Drivers on Windows 10
Below are the simplest ways to download audio drivers on your desktop or notebook PC.
Method 1: Download audio driver through the official website
One of the best ways to download an audio driver is through the official website of the component manufacturer. Thus, follow the below steps to get the updated drivers installed on your PC.
- Visit the manufacturer’s official website.
- Search for compatible drivers.
- Download the driver installation file.
- Unzip the downloaded file, if required.
- Act in accordance with the instructions that come up on your screen to install the driver.
Method 2: Use Device Manager
There is a tool in all Windows computers called Device Manager to take care of all the device drivers. You can use it to download the audio driver. Below are the simple steps to do it.
- On your keyboard, press Windows and R keys simultaneously to bring up the “Run box”.
- Once the Run box appears, type “devmgmt.msc” and choose “OK”.
- After you get the Device Manager on your screen, locate and expand the category of “Sound, video, and game controllers”.
- Right-click on the device for which you intend to download the audio driver and select “Update driver”.
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Restart the PC after Windows downloads and installs the required audio driver.
Method 3: Update Windows
Updating Windows is another way to get the missing drivers installed and outdated drivers updated. Thus, string along the below steps to update Windows and download audio drivers.
- In the Run box, input “ms-settings:windowsupdate”.
- Once the Windows update settings appear, click on “Check for updates”. If you see the “Download” button, then this shows that Windows has detected an update for your device, in such a case, click on the Download button.
- Wait till OS is updated and the required audio driver is downloaded.
Method 4: Download audio Driver Automatically via Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
It is not an easy task to download the audio driver manually as it requires a considerable amount of patience, time, and effort. Hence, we advise you to download drivers with Bit Driver Updater as this utility makes downloading as well as updating drivers an easy-breezy process. Moreover, this incredible tool also makes your PC better performing and 50% faster. Thus, follow the below steps to use this utility for downloading audio driver on your device.
The short series of steps to download, install and update the audio driver with Bit Driver Updater
- Download, set up, and bring up Bit Driver Updater on your screen.
- Wait for a minute till the automatic driver scan completes.
- Go through the scan results and click on “Update Now” to download, install, and update audio drivers. For downloading the latest version of all the drivers in just a click, choose “Update All”.
Apart from ease of use, a few notable features of Bit Driver Updater includes scan scheduling, the option to exclude drivers from the scan, and easy driver backup and restore. Further, this is a legit tool that downloads only WHQL authenticated drivers on your PC. Thus, without giving a second thought, click on the link given below and get Bit Driver Updater.
Download Audio Drivers: Done Effortlessly
Above we discussed the simplest methods to download audio drivers without any cumbersome efforts. You can download, install, and update the driver in any way you want. However, in our view, getting the latest drivers via Bit Driver Updater is a smarter decision. Lastly, before leaving, don’t forget to follow and subscribe to our blog and drop us a comment about whether you found this post beneficial or not.