Download and install the Canon E470 IJ scan driver’s updated version to get a smooth scanning experience. Read on to learn the best ways to do it quickly and effectively.
Canon E470 IJ is a highly acclaimed scanner for its scanning quality. However, it may make you face issues like the scanning device not working if its driver is unavailable. Therefore, for a smooth and efficient scan, you must download the Canon E470 IJ scan driver.
Without installing the updated Canon E470 IJ scan driver, your scanner won’t communicate with the PC correctly. Therefore, through this article, we elucidate the best methods to download, install, and update the driver.
Methods to download the Canon E470 IJ scan driver, install, and update it
You can apply any of the below methods to get the updated Canon E470 IJ scan driver downloaded and installed.
Method 1: Download the driver from Device Manager
You can download the needed driver from the in-built Windows tool to get the drivers. Follow the below instructions to install the updated Canon E470 IJ scan driver this way.
- Use the shortcut to open the Quick Access menu, i.e., Windows+X.
- Choose Device Manager from the menu you get.
- Unfold the category of Imaging devices.
- Right-click on the Canon E470 IJ scanner and select Update driver.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to finish the download and installation process.
- After the Canon E470 IJ scan driver is downloaded and installed, restart your computer.
Method 2: Perform OS update
Updating the operating system is also among the popular ways to get the required drivers to download, install, and update manually. However, the Canon E470 IJ scanner driver’s latest version may not be available with this method if it’s released too recently. Still, you can follow these steps to give this method a try.
- Open the Quick Access menu using the timesaver command Windows+X.
- Choose Settings from the menu available to you.
- Select Update & Security from the on-screen Settings menu.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the latest Windows update.
- After completing the update process, reboot your computer.
Method 3: Use dedicated software to download the updated Canon E470 IJ scanner driver (Recommended):
If you do not want to go through a big and tiring series of steps to download the latest Canon E470 IJ driver manually, then we have something for you. There are a plethora of driver updaters available in the marketplace to help you download and install the updated drivers automatically with just a few clicks.
Out of all the said programs, our favorite one is Bit Driver Updater. This software needs only a single click to safely, securely, and quickly perform automatic driver updates. It also solves related problems, such as the Canon E470 IJ scan driver not working.
In addition to this, it also provides quite a lot of benefits, like scan scheduling, driver backup and restores, etc. We have reviewed this software in greater depths. You can read that comprehensive review to know its complete range of features and advantages.
Below is the short series of steps that you need to implement to download, install, and update the Canon E470 IJ scanner driver using Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the link shared below to download the setup of Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the downloaded file and install the software on your computer.
- Let the software complete the automatic PC scan (the scan takes only one or two seconds).
- Go through all the outdated drivers and click on Update All to get them updated automatically.
We recommend updating all flagged drivers for the smooth performance of your computer. However, if you wish to update just the Canon E470 IJ scanner driver, then you can click on the Update Now button visible next to it.
Method 4: Use the official website to download the driver:
If you are willing to download the updated Canon E470 IJ scanner driver and install it manually, you can do it through Canon’s website. Before you proceed with the below steps, first, note down your operating system by going along the path Settings>System>About. After getting this information, implement the steps shared below.
- Click here to go on the Canon website.
- Click on the Support tab.
- Search for your product, i.e., Canon E470.
- Select your Operating system.
- Select Drivers as the Type.
- Choose the Driver Language.
- Click on the Search button.
- Now Click on the latest driver.
- Click on the big red download button to get the driver file on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded driver file and install the driver.
Canon E470 IJ scanner driver downloaded, installed, and updated successfully
This article discussed many methods to download, install, and update the Canon E470 IJ scanner driver. You can apply any of these ways to get the task done. However, if you want to save your time and energy, we recommend you get the driver download, install, and update automatically with Bit Driver Updater. This software fetches you the required driver updates in an instant along with solving the related problems.
If you are aware of any better methods to download the latest drivers and install them, then enlighten us through the comments section. And, for more knowledgeable tech posts, subscribe to Innovana Thinklabs Blog and bookmark it as well.