Are you facing issues with the Windows 10 touch screen? Then read on to learn the ways to download touch screen drivers on Windows 10 to solve the problems.
If your touch screen is not working as the Windows 10 touch screen driver has gone missing, this article is for you. Without properly downloaded and installed drivers, your HID-compliant touch screen will certainly not function properly.
The only way to make things run smoothly is to download the HID-compliant touch screen driver on Windows 10. And, through this article, we are going to show you how to do it quickly and easily.
Without further ado, let’s begin with the methods to download, install and update the HID-compliant touch screen driver on Windows 10 for various brands, such as HP, Lenovo, etc.
Methods to Download, Install and update HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver
Below is how to get the HID-compliant Windows 10 touch screen driver downloaded, installed, and updated.
Method 1: Download the Driver via the Manufacturer’s Website:
The website of the manufacturer is among the safest places to download and install the updated HID-compliant touch screen driver on Windows 10. However, you must know the model of your PC and the operating system to implement this method effectively. After gathering the required information, follow these steps to get the needed driver.
Note: The steps may slightly differ depending on the manufacturer. However, generally, they remain mostly the same.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Go to the Support segment and select Downloads.
- Search for your device.
- Select the operating system if it is not already recognized.
- Download the required HID-compliant touch screen driver for Windows 10.
- Double click on the file you downloaded in the previous step.
- Follow the instructions to complete the driver installation.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to install the updated driver:
You can also employ the Device Manager to download the HID-compliant touch screen driver for free on Windows 10. Below is the step-by-step way to do it.
- Using the combination of Windows and X keys, activate the Quick Access menu.
- From the visible menu, select Device Manager.
- Click on the Human Interface Devices to make them viewable.
- Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen driver and select Update Driver.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After Windows 10 is done downloading and installing the updated drivers, reboot the PC.
Method 3: Use Microsoft Update Catalog to get the driver:
Here is another option to download, install, and update the HID-compliant touch screen driver HP/Lenovo/other manufacturers on Windows 10. You can do it using Microsoft Update Catalog. Below are the steps you need to follow for the same.
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Input HID-compliant touch screen driver in the start your search here box.
- Click on the Download button to get the CAB file of the required driver.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and implement the instructions to install the driver.
Method 4: Download the optional updates of Windows 10:
You can use the optional updates feature of Windows 10 to download the touch screen driver. Below is the process to do it.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows + I to get the Settings menu.
- Pick Update & Security from the visible panel.
- Choose Windows Update from the left section.
- Click on the link to view optional updates.
Image Source: Microsoft Tech Community
- Choose the HID-compliant touch screen driver from the available list of Windows and driver updates.
- Click on the button to download and install the available update.
- Lastly, allow the process to complete.
Method 5: Download the Windows 10 touch screen driver automatically (Recommended):
Above, we had a look at all the available ways to manually download the HID-compliant touch screen driver on Windows 10. The manual methods are quite time-taking and need a certain level of technical expertise. Therefore, we suggest you use automatic software, such as Bit Driver Updater to perform the necessary driver download, update, and installation.
Bit Driver Updater boasts some of the most amazing features, such as driver backup and restores, that makes it our editor’s choice. You can read this comprehensive review to know about it in detail.
Now, let’s take a look at the quick steps you are required to take to get the HID-compliant touch screen driver downloaded, installed, and updated.
- Click on the link shared here to download Bit Driver Updater’s setup.
- Click on the downloaded setup and follow the directions to install Bit Driver Updater.
- Review the scan results after two to three seconds and click on the Update Now option located alongside the HID-compliant touch screen driver to update it on Windows 10/8/7.
You can also choose to update all the flagged drivers with a single click on the Update All button.
Windows 10 touch screen driver downloaded, installed, and updated
This article guided you through downloading the HID-compliant touch screen driver on Windows 10, installing, and updating it. You can use any of these methods to complete the task. However, in our opinion, the best way to do it is by using Bit Driver Updater. This software makes it easy as pie to perform driver updates and solve related issues simultaneously. If you know any better ways to do it, then enlighten us through the comments section