Do you want your newly bought HP Envy 5540 printer to perform smoothly always? Then, download HP Envy 5540 printer driver to keep printer performance issues away. Read this article to learn the quick and easy ways to get the needed driver.
When it comes to photo printing, HP is tough to beat competitors for other printer manufacturers. It builds highly astonishing printing machines with exceptional print quality. In its series of image printers, HP Envy 5540 is among the top names. This wireless all-in-one printer gives you beautiful photo prints. However, it cannot deliver its best performance unless you download HP Envy 5540 driver.
A driver helps your HP Envy 5540 printer communicate with the PC, so your instructions get executed properly. If it is unavailable, then many irritating printing problems may appear before you.
The correct and compatible driver is essential for glitch-free printing performance. Therefore, today we are here with a guide to download and install the latest version of the HP Envy 5540 printer driver on your computer.
Methods to download HP Envy 5540 Driver and Install it
Below are the ways to download the driver for your HP Envy 5540 printer and install it.
Method 1: Download the HP Envy 5540 printer driver through HP’s website:
The website of HP is among the most reliable sources to download and install the updated HP Envy 5540 driver. However, before proceeding with this method, you must know the operating system you are using. If you don’t know that, follow the instructions given below to find your OS.
Steps to know your operating system
- Click on This PC desktop icon.
- Select Properties from the top menu.
- Note the operating system details.
After you know the operating system, follow the below instructions to get the required driver.
Steps to download and install the driver for HP Envy 5540 printer
Below are directions to download the HP Envy 5540 driver and install the same via HP’s website.
- Click on this link to land on HP’s website.
- Float the cursor on the Support tab.
- Pick Software & drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down and click on the Printer option.
- Enter your product name, i.e., HP Envy 5540, and click on Submit.
- If the detected operating system is not what your PC runs, then choose the correct OS.
- Scroll down and click on + to view the required driver.
- Click on the Download tab to get the driver set up.
- Click on the downloaded setup and act according to the instructions you get to complete the installation of the HP Envy 5540 printer driver.
Method 2: Get HP Envy 5540 driver from Device Manager
In case you do not know it already, Device Manager is an in-built driver management system in Windows to help you download, install, and update drivers. Below is how you can use it to download the HP Envy 5540 driver and install it.
- Bring up the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows and X keys together.
- From the Quick Access menu, pick Device Manager.
- Now, click on the Printers or Print queues branch.
- Right-click the HP Envy 5540 driver and select Update Driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- After Windows has found and downloaded the required driver, restart the computer to complete the installation.
Method 3: Update Windows to download HP Envy 5540 driver for free
Updating the operating system is another way to download all missing drivers, including the one you need for your printer. However, it may happen that the HP Envy 5540 driver is still unavailable because Windows failed to find it. The operating system may fail to get the driver if it is released only a few moments or hours before the Windows update. Still, you can try your luck by following these steps.
- Employ the shortcut command Windows+I to open Settings.
- From the on-screen panel, choose Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update and then choose to Check for updates.
- Download the available update and install it.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 4: Download the updated HP Envy 5540 driver automatically (Recommended)
Manual methods, as you can see, are time-consuming and effort-taking. Therefore, to save your precious time and energy, we recommend you follow the automatic approach to get the latest version of the HP Envy 5540 printer driver and install it. You can download and install the updated driver, with much less effort, using Bit Driver Updater, i.e., one of the best software to download and install the newest drivers automatically.
This software gets you the updated HP Envy 5540 driver and other drivers with a single click. In addition to this, it also boasts many other features, such as driver backup and restores, acceleration of driver download speed, creation of a restore point, and more. You can find all the details about this software through its in-depth review.
Below is the short series of steps to download the HP Envy 5540 driver’s latest version and install it via Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the download link given below to get started.
- Download the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the file you downloaded to install the software.
- Let the software scan your PC for a couple of seconds.
- After executing the above steps, click on the Update Now button available next to the HP Envy 5540 driver to download its updated version and install the same.
If you want to download the latest version of all problematic drivers and get improved computer performance with one click, choose Update All.
HP Envy 5540 Driver Downloaded Effortlessly
This article highlighted the methods to download the HP Envy 5540 printer driver for the smooth functioning of the printing machine. You can employ any of the above approaches to get the task done. However, we think that the most appropriate way to download and install the updated drivers is through Bit Driver Updater. This software needs only a single click to get the required drivers downloaded and installed on your computer. Moreover, it also fixes driver-related issues. For more such tech how-tos, stay tuned to our blog.