A simple driver update can fix the webcam issues that you are facing. Thus, read on to know how to download the HP camera driver for Windows 10, install and update it effortlessly.
Is the HP camera not working or not available in your Windows 10? Well, we understand that this seems like the most irritating thing that could happen as webcams have become an integral part of our life in this digital era. Instead of getting annoyed or worrying, you need to download and update the HP camera driver for Windows 10 to solve the issue.
Through this post, we discuss the same, i.e., the easiest ways to download HP webcam driver, install, and update it on Windows 10.
Thus, now you know where your go-to place is if the webcam starts behaving erratically, and you need a guide to install the camera driver on your HP computer running Windows 10.
How to Download and Update HP Webcam Drivers on Windows PC
Below are the easiest ways to download the HP camera driver on Windows 10, install, and update it to make it work smoothly again.
Method 1: Download and Install HP Webcam Driver via the Official Website
One way to download the integrated camera driver for Windows 10 on an HP computer is through the official website. Below are the steps to do it.
- Visit the official website of HP.
- Float the mouse pointer on the Support option
- Select Software & Drivers from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the type of device that you are using, i.e., desktop or laptop. Here, we are using an HP laptop.
- Click on “Let HP detect your product.”
- Wait for HP to detect your device and the Windows version.
- Download the appropriate drivers.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Download the HP Webcam Driver (Manual)
This method to update the driver for your webcam requires a whole lot of energy, time, and patience. But, if you are willing to try this way, then comply with the instructions given here.
- Trigger the Quick Access menu using the Windows+X shortcut.
- Select the native tool in Windows to manage drivers, i.e., Device Manager.
- After it shows up on the screen of your device, click “Cameras” to expand it.
- Right-click on your webcam and select “Update driver” from the menu on your screen.
- Click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- At last, you have to wait until the operating system searches for the new driver version and installs it.
If the webcam does not work correctly even after installing the driver, then you may have an incorrect driver that needs to be uninstalled. Therefore, in such a scenario, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it on your computer.
Method 3: Update the HP Webcam Driver Via Windows Update (Manual)
Every Windows 10 update brings a new set of drivers for various peripherals to ensure their smooth operation. Hence, Windows update is also among the best ways to download the HP camera driver’s updated version and install it.
- Click on the Start icon and then choose Settings.
- Pick Update & Security from the on-screen menu.
- After the update window shows up, click on “Check for updates.”
- Wait till the update gets downloaded, and Windows updates the HP camera driver for Windows 10.
- After the completion of these steps, give your PC a reboot.
Method 4: Use Bit Driver Updater to Update HP Webcam Driver (Recommended)
If the above methods seem complicated or you are short on time, then here we’ve got a quick solution. All you have to do is to install and use the Bit Driver Updater software on your PC. With this best tool to update a PC driver, you can download, install, and update all the outdated, missing, and corrupt drivers without doing that much effort. In addition to this, it also boasts many other advantageous features that you can know from its full review.
Below is how you can download the HP webcam driver using this amazing tool.
- Use the setup and install Bit Driver Updater.
- After installing, run the tool on your PC.
- Let it finish the scan.
- Then, choose the Update All option to update the HP camera driver on Windows 10.
Isn’t it quite simple to download the updated HP webcam drivers by using Bit Driver Updater? Just 4 simple steps and you are done. The cherry on top of the cake is, along with updating drivers, the multi-functional tool also makes your PC/laptop work as a brand spanking new model.
Now, let’s address a few questions we received from our readers about HP webcams and their drivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Which is the best HP Webcam?
The definition of the best webcam differs from person to person depending on his/her requirements. However, below are our top webcam choices for HP computers.
- HP w300 Webcam
- HP 5210 HD Webcam
Q2. Does my HP computer have a webcam?
All modern-day computers come with a webcam. Your HP device may also have one. All you need to do is enable the webcam.
Q3. How do I turn on my webcam on my HP desktop?
It is a simple process to turn on the webcam on an HP desktop. Follow these steps to do it.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Click on “Imaging Devices.”
- Right-click on the webcam and select “Enable” to activate it.
Q4. Why is my HP webcam not working?
Outdated, corrupt, or missing drivers can render the webcam dysfunctional. However, you can download and update the HP webcam driver to solve the problem effortlessly.
Q5. How to fix it if the HP Webcam driver is not working?
As said above, drivers are the major culprits behind almost every PC issue, including webcam problems. You can perform a driver download and update to get the webcam fixed on your Windows 10 computer.
Q6. Which is the best method to download the HP Webcam driver and update it?
There are many ways for downloading HP camera drivers. The most popular methods include driver download through the official website of HP, Device Manager, and third-party software like Bit Driver Updater. In our opinion, it is best to download and update the HP webcam driver with Bit Driver Updater as it takes care of all the work automatically with just a click, saving you a lot of time and effort.
Download and Update HP webcam driver: Done in no time
Through this post, we discussed the best ways to download and update HP camera drivers for Windows 10. In our view, not just the webcam but all the Windows drivers need regular upgrading for the smooth functioning of the device. Thus, ensure that the drivers remain updated at all times. Before bidding adieu, do let us know your thoughts about the post and subscribe to Innovana Blog for more such information.