In this article, we describe the methods to download, install, and update HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer drivers on Windows 10, and other OS.
HP LaserJet Pro M404n is a great alternative for you if you want a black and white printer. The printer provides a 1200*1200 DPI resolution for all the prints which is sufficient for home and medium office needs. You can set up, connect, and use the printer very easily. But if the printer is not working properly, this article can help you.
Drivers are the key to run any kind of device on your PC. By establishing connections, drivers help devices and software to communicate with each other. If your printer or any other device is causing problems then its root is outdated or missing drivers.
This article addresses and solves all the printer problems by providing effective ways to download, install, and update HP LaserJet Pro M404n drivers on Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and other operating systems.
Ways to Download, Install and Update HP LaserJet Pro M404n Drivers
With the help of the following ways to download, install, and update the HP Printer LaserJet Pro M404n driver, you can get rid of printer problems like not working, not available, not printing, print setup failure, etc.
Use the Official Support Website to Download the HP LaserJet Pro M404n Driver
For all the new users out there. The best and safest way to download the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer driver is through the HP Support website. Follow the steps provided below to download and install the driver.
- Click here to redirect to the HP Support Website.
- Select Support from the top of the website page and then click on Software and Drivers.
- Click on Printer.
- Search for HP LaserJet Pro M404n and click on Submit.
- Select your Operating System from the Choose a different OS option.
- Select Software-Utility.
- In the end, click on the Download button.
After the download is complete, execute the file and install HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer drivers on your PC. You will not face any kind of problems after the installation.
Update the Driver Automatically or Manually
If you had the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer for some time and it stopped working all of a sudden. Then you need to update the printer drivers to resolve this issue. There are two methods to update the HP Printer LaserJet Pro M404n driver, automatic and manual. We recommend that you take the help of the automatic on for ease.
Update the Driver with the help of Device Manager (Manual)
The first manual method to update the printer driver is by using the Device Manager. Take the help of these easy steps to use the Device Manager and update the driver.
- To launch the Device Manager, press Windows+S and search for it.
- Under the Device Manager, double-click on Print Queues and Printers.
- Find the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer and right-click to select the Update Driver option.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
Windows Device Manager will automatically update and install the latest version of the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer drivers. Restart the PC and use your printer freely without any errors.
Update the Driver Through Windows Update (Manual)
The next solution to update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer driver is through the Windows Update utility. Along with Windows updates, you can also update different drivers and other services on the PC. Here are the steps to do that:
- Search for Check for updates in the taskbar search option and press Enter.
- From the Windows Update utility, click on Check for Updates.
- The system will look for updates and download them on your PC.
Once the update is complete, restart the system, and your HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer will work properly on Windows 10, and other OS.
Automatically Update HP LaserJet Pro M404n Printer Drivers Using Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
All the manual methods listed above are quite effort-taking when it comes to updating any driver. If you want to update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer driver automatically, use the Bit Driver Updater.
Download and use the Bit Driver Updater and update all the outdated drivers on your system with a single click. Here are some features of the Bit Driver Updater that will help you make the decision:
- You can schedule the update
- Backup and restore the drivers as and when required.
- Compatible with all the major Windows editions.
- Brings the updates straight from the manufacturer.
- Accelerated download for quick results.
- Supports different languages.
Apart from this, the best driver utility has a lot of other features as well. You can take the help of these steps to update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n printer driver with this best driver updating utility, Bit Driver Updater:
- Download the driver updating utility and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the software and let it scan the Pc for updates.
- Click on the Update All button and get the latest updates for all the drivers.
After the update, you will not face the HP LaserJet Pro M404n Printer not working, unavailable, or any other problems.
Download, Install and Update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n Printer Driver: Successfully
With the help of the above-listed methods, you can easily download, install and update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n Printer drivers on Windows 10 and every other OS. Just take the help of any of these steps and get the job done within a couple of minutes.
Although all of these methods are reliable and working, we recommend that you use the Bit Driver Updater for updates. Why? Because it is one of the quickest and safest methods to update the HP LaserJet Printer as well as every other outdated driver on your PC.
For any queries related to how to download, install, and update the HP LaserJet Pro M404n Printer drivers, we will address all of them in the comment section. Do subscribe to the Innovana Thinklabs Blog and get updated with the latest tech solutions, tutorials, and more.