Download and install the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver to get the best performance from your graphics card. Read this article to know the quick and easy ways to do it.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 is a graphics card delighting gamers, 3D artists, and almost every other professional with incredible performance. However, it may show annoying glitches if the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver is missing or outdated.
It is a driver that helps your computer and graphics card communicate correctly. Without a compatible and updated driver, the computer fails to execute your instructions as expected.
Therefore, this article illustrates the methods to download and update the GeForce GTX 460 driver for free. Without wasting your valuable time, let’s move on to them straight away.
Methods to download, install and update the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver
Below we share different ways to get the latest Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver downloaded, installed on Windows 10/8/7 (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
Method 1: Download the driver via Nvidia’s official website
Downloading drivers from the official website is among the most followed manual ways to get the needed driver.
However, before moving ahead, you must know the operating system you are using. String along with the path Settings>System>About to note that down.
After having the required information, follow these steps to download and install the updated Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver.
- Click here to travel to the website of Nvidia.
- Click on the DRIVERS tab.
- Choose GeForce from the Product Type dropdown menu.
- Select GeForce 400 from the Product Series menu.
- Choose your operating system.
- Select the Driver Type you wish to download.
Note: Choose Game Ready Driver if you are looking for better gaming performance with increased FPS and other game-centric optimizations. For other purposes, such as video editing, photography, animation, etc. select Studio Drivers.
- Choose your language.
- Click on the Search button.
- Click on the Download button.
- Go through the software license agreements and then click on Download to get the driver file downloaded.
- After downloading the driver file, double click on it and then complete the installation.
Method 2: Download and install the updated driver through Device Manager
It is also possible to download the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460’s updated version and install it using Device Manager.
This method is time and effort taking, still you can follow these steps to get the required driver this way.
- Use the key combination Windows and X to open the Quick Access menu.
- From the on-screen menu, choose Device Manager.
- Click on the category called Display adapters to reveal its contents.
- Right-click on the GeForce GTX 460 graphics card and select the Update driver option.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After Windows completes driver download and installation, restart your computer.
Method 3: Update your OS
Updating the operating system is another way to get the graphics driver updated. However, Windows may not be able to find the latest update if it is released only recently. Still, you can follow these steps to try updating your Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver this way.
- Using the shortcut command Windows+I, launch the Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the update recommended for your operating system.
- After the update is complete, restart your computer.
Method 4: Download, install, and update the driver automatically (Recommended)
The manual methods, as you can see, are a lot time-consuming and not beginner-friendly. Therefore, we recommend you update the drivers automatically using software like Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater is one of the top driver update software that downloads and installs all the needed updates with just a click.
Moreover, it also provides several other advantages, such as scan scheduling, driver backup and restores, driver download speed acceleration, etc.
We have done an in-depth analysis and review of Bit Driver Updater in our other article. You can give it a thorough read to know more about this software.
Below is how to update the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver with Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the download link shared below to get Bit Driver Updater’s installer downloaded.
- Double click on the downloaded file and install the software on your computer.
- Allow the software to run a deep scan on your computer for a few seconds.
- Review all the outdated drivers and click on the Update All button to download and install their updated versions automatically.
You can also choose to download the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver individually. To do that, click on the Update Now button present next to it.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver downloaded, installed, and updated
Through this article, we guided you through the methods to download, install, and update Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 driver. You can apply any of them depending on your level of technical knowledge and convenience.
However, to save precious time and energy, we suggest you perform automatic driver downloads, installs, and updates via Bit Driver Updater.
If you know any other appropriate ways to get the required driver, kindly let us know through the comments section.
For more interesting tech guides and updates, feel free to join our list of subscribers and bookmark this blog.