Here is a guide to download SanDisk SD Card/SSD/USB driver on Windows 10. It also provides ways to install & update the SanDisk drivers on your PC. Read on to know more.
Whenever we think about the storage devices for PC, one of the prominent names that come to mind is SanDisk. It offers a variety of flash memory products, including SD cards, SSD (solid-state drives), USB drives, etc. However, just like the other peripherals of Windows PC, SanDisk devices also require drivers. Hence, here we have come up with SanDisk SD Card/SSD/USB driver Windows 10 download guide.
Before proceeding with the guide, you must understand that most of the SanDisk devices do not require a specific driver as Windows treats them as USB Mass Storage devices. For example, you can resolve the driver problem with your SanDisk SD card or flash USB drive by updating or fixing the pre-installed USB controller driver. Although, sometimes, you may also require some particular SanDisk drivers on your PC. Now, let’s check out the ways to download SanDisk driver on Windows 10.
Methods To Download SanDisk SD Card/SSD/USB Driver On Windows 10
Here we have listed some of the most reliable and helpful ways to download SanDisk drivers for your SD Card, SSD, & USB devices on Windows 10 PC.
Method 1: Download Drivers For SanDisk Devices Via Device Manager
Windows Device Manager utility offers vast functionality when it comes to managing PC devices and peripherals. You can also use it to download the SanDisk SD card driver on Windows 10. Here are the required steps.
- Use your mouse and right-click on the Windows Start icon available at the bottom left corner of your desktop, or we can say the left corner of your Windows taskbar.
- Now, select the Device Manager option from the shown menu.
- Now, go to the Universal Serial Bus controllers category and expand it.
- Then, right-click on the USB Mass Storage device.
- Click on the Update device/driver option.
- At last, choose the Search automatically for updated driver software to download and update SanDisk USB drivers.
It’s not over for you now. You have to keep a check on the system as it may require some permissions to download & install the required driver. Hence, monitor the whole process, and after completion, reboot the PC.
However, if you want to download the SanDisk SSD driver or SD card driver, then you may have to update the Disk drives drivers or chipset controller drivers accordingly by following the same method.
Method 2: Download SanDisk USB/SSD/SD Card Drivers Via SanDisk’s Official Support
Some of the SanDisk devices may require specific drivers. In that case, you may download the drivers from SanDisk’s official support. Do not worry, as it’s pretty simple. Here is all you need to do.
- Go to SanDisk’s official support page.
- In the search box, type the name of the SanDisk USB, SSD, SD Card, or any other device for which you require the driver.
- Click on Search All Answers button.
- Then look for the appropriate result.
- Click on it and then download the SanDisk driver on your Windows 10 PC.
If the SanDisk device is compatible with the pre-installed driver of your Windows system, then you can download & update that driver from its respective manufacturer’s official support page.
Method 3: Download & Update SanDisk SSD & Other Device Driver Via Windows Update
If you do not know the exact driver that you should download or update for your SanDisk SSD or any other device, then this is a great method for you. With this solution, you can get all the required drivers & software updates on your Windows PC altogether. You only need to use the Windows update feature, and it will download and install all the necessary updates on your system. These are the steps that can help you to get the required SanDisk SSD, USB, & SD card drivers.
- Go to the Windows Start icon and right-click on it.
- Choose the Settings option from the shown menu.
- Move the cursor to the Update and Security option and select it.
- After that, check for the available updates by clicking on the ‘Check for updates’ tab.
The system will automatically download the required SanDisk SD card driver or any other device driver on your Windows 10 PC. After getting all the drivers and updates, reboot the PC.
Method 4: Download SanDisk SD Card Driver On Windows 10 By Bit Driver Updater
You might be thinking that after mentioning three helpful methods to download SanDisk SD card driver & other device drivers on Windows 10 PC, what’s the need for this one. But this method holds the most significance in this guide. It eliminates all the drawbacks of the above ways of downloading and installing SanDisk drivers offers a bunch of advanced features. You can see that the above options are either time-consuming, tiresome, or a little ineffective. Hence, we recommend you to use Bit Driver Updater.
It automatically performs all the functions that you have to perform manually in the above methods. From scanning the driver issue or necessity to finding a suitable & authentic driver version, this driver updater tool does everything with a single click. Along with the effortlessness, it also offers several other benefits, which makes it the best option to get, install, & update the SanDisk driver. Here we discuss the major ones.
- The tool can scan all the driver issues and find obsolete, missing, or corrupted drivers by a single click.
- It saves a lot of time by providing WHQL certified drivers and their updates in a couple of minutes, and that too with one click.
- Bit Driver Updater ensures the security of your current drivers by allowing you to create their restore points for future use.
- You can also plan your driver scans with its schedule scanning tool.
In case if you require guidance to use Bit Driver Updater, you can use the below-provided steps.
- Get the software setup file by the download button given below.
- Open the setup and start the installation.
- Complete installation by following the easy provided directions.
- Now, run the Bit Driver Updater app.
- Click the Scan Drivers option and look for the driver issues present on your PC.
- After getting the results, download the provided driver fixes and updates by clicking the Update Now button.
Best Way To Download SanDisk SD Card/SSD/USB Driver On Windows 10 PC
Now, we would like to conclude the post by evaluating the methods mentioned in it and selecting the best one from them. Using Device Manager is an effective way of getting device drivers, but it can be quite confusing in the case of SanDisk device drivers. While on the other hand, the next two methods, i.e., downloading driver from SanDisk support page and Windows Update is not that effective as compared to other ones.
Hence, we consider Bit Driver Updater as the best method to download SanDisk SD Card/SSD/USB driver on Windows 10 PC. The reason is, it doesn’t have any of the above cons and offers many additional advanced features as well. However, if you have some other suggestions, then feel free to share them with us in the below comments section. And if you enjoyed the post, then subscribe to the Innovana blogs.