Synaptics is highly popular among users for the smooth human interface devices such as touchpads that it builds. The majority of laptops host a Synaptics touchpad. If your notebook PC also has the same and you are looking for the best and simplest methods to download Synaptics touchpad driver to make its performance smooth as butter, then you are at the correct place.
This write-up tutors you about the easiest ways to download, install, reinstall, and update the Synaptics touchpad driver. First, we will have a quick look at the most recommended way to do it, after that, without any dilly dally, we will begin the driver download.
Strongly recommended way to download the Synaptics touchpad driver
In our humble opinion, the best way to download, install, reinstall, and update the Synaptics touchpad driver is through Bit Driver Updater. This software automatically performs all the cumbersome tasks such as finding the drivers, downloading, installing, and updating them. It only requires a single mouse click to do the work. Further, along with automatic driver download, install, reinstall, and update, this program also elevates the laptop performance significantly. Below is the link to get it.
Quick Methods to Download Synaptics Touchpad Driver, Install, Reinstall, and Update it
For downloading Synaptics touchpad driver, installing, reinstalling, and updating it, there is no need to make any tiresome efforts. Implementation of the below methods is the only thing that you are required to do.
Method 1: Download Synaptics Touchpad Driver via the Website
No place on the web is better than the official website to download and install Synaptics touchpad driver on Windows 10. Below is how to get the latest Synaptics glide pad driver via the website.
- Visit the official Synaptics website.
- Find the compatible driver for your laptop’s model and Windows version.
- Download the driver file and click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
Method 2: Install Synaptics Touchpad Driver with Device Manage
Device Manager is the utility in Windows to manage drivers. You can download, install, and reinstall Synaptics touchpad driver through Device Manager by following the below steps.
- On the laptop’s keyboard, hit the “Windows logo” and “R” key.
- In the Run box that pops up, type “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter” or choose “OK”.
- In the “Device Manager” window, locate “Mice and other pointing devices” and expand it.
- Right-click the Synaptics touchpad driver and choose “Update driver” from the small menu that comes on screen.
- From the options that appear next, select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Mention the location where you have kept the driver file, check the box that says “Include subfolders” and choose “Browse”.
- The next step is to select the folder that has the driver file.
- After selecting the folder, click on “OK”.
- Now, follow the instructions that come up on your screen to install, download, and update Synaptics touchpad driver.
Method 3: Check for Windows Update
There is an update utility in Windows to install the latest Windows version. The updated OS also installs the needed drivers on your system. Hence, follow the below steps to check for operating system updates and download Synaptics touchpad driver.
- In the Run box on Windows 10, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate”, and choose “OK”.
- On the next screen, click on “Check for updates”. If Windows has already checked for updates, then you will see a download button, click on it.
Method 4: Reinstall Synaptics Touchpad Driver with Device Manager
Device Manager is a multipurpose utility that can also be used to reinstall and update Synaptics touchpad driver on Windows 10. You need to follow the below steps to get the latest Synaptics drivers using this method.
- Open “Device Manager” on your device.
- Find and expand the category for “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- Right-click your Synaptics touchpad and select “Update driver”.
- Select the option “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Now, sit back and relax till Windows finds, installs, and updates Synaptics touchpad driver.
Method 5: Use Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
To ensure the best laptop/PC performance, it is inevitable to download, install, reinstall, and update drivers in a correct manner. However, in an attempt to manually get the device drivers, users often end up installing the incorrect and incompatible drivers. Therefore, instead of going on a driver hunt on the internet or struggling while trying to implement the manual methods, we recommend you get Bit Driver Updater to download Synaptics touchpad driver smartly and correctly. We found this tool while looking for the top driver updaters and can say without any doubt that it is the most amazing utility that anyone can get. Along with downloading compatible and updating them in the right way, it also solved the irritating bugs that plagued our PC and made it slow. Now, our device works perfectly in all respects.
Do you also want to use it like millions of other users? We know, you do. Simply, follow the steps stated in the next segment to use Bit Driver Updater.
How to use Bit Driver Updater to Update Synaptics Touchpad Driver
The process of using Bit Driver Updater is simple enough even for the computing amateurs. An implementation of the below steps is all that you need to use it.
- Install Bit Driver Updater on your laptop and call it up.
- Sit back and watch it scan your device till a couple of seconds, or do other important tasks and let the scan run in the background.
- Go through the scan results and choose “Update Now” to download and update Synaptics touchpad driver. You can also click on “Update All” to update all drivers in a single click with Bit Driver Updater’s Pro Version.
Now, you must be pondering why get Bit Driver Updater’s Pro version, right? Well, if reasons such as quick and automatic driver updates, resolution of computer errors, and smoother device performance don’t seem enough, below we share more of them.
Why get the Bit Driver Updater Pro version?
Below are the reasons that prompted us to get Bit Driver Updater’s Pro version. Surely, they will prompt you also.
- Lightening fast driver scans
- Instant PC/laptop performance boost
- Facility to backup and restore drivers
- Option to schedule driver scans
- Compatibility with all the Windows versions (except a few older ones)
- Availability of the driver exclusion feature
- Multilingual support
And, many more plus points that you will discover after clicking on the below download link and using the Bit Driver Updater software.
Download Synaptics Touchpad Driver: Completed Successfully
This post taught us how to download Synaptics touchpad driver in the best way and we also learned the ways to install, reinstall, and update it. Hopefully, this write-up answered all your questions and there are no persisting doubts. In case any doubt remains or you want to know more about anything in the tech domain, then share it in the comment box below. We will be pleased to address all your queries.