Download, install and update the AMD GPIO controller driver to make the controller perform effectively. Read on to learn the best ways to do it.
General Purpose Input/Output Controller, i.e., GPIO, is hardware that helps the computer receive your commands. It forms part of the computer’s chipset, and you need the updated AMD GPIO driver to make it function properly.
The AMD GPIO controller driver helps manage all the hardware-related functions of the controller and helps it communicate with the computer.
This article shares the most effective ways to get the latest AMD GPIO controller driver downloaded and installed on Windows 10.
Methods to Download, Install and Update AMD GPIO Controller Driver
Below are the different ways to download the AMD GPIO driver, install, and update it on your computer.
Method 1: Download the Driver via AMD’s Website
You can get the updated AMD GPIO driver downloaded and installed from the official website. Below are the step-by-step instructions to do it.
- Click here to navigate to the website of AMD.
- Click on DRIVERS & SUPPORT.
- Choose Chipsets from the product list and then choose your chipset from the on-screen list. Ours is AMD Socket AM4.
- Then click on SUBMIT.
- Click on your operating system to view the appropriate driver for it.
- Click on the Download button to get the required driver file downloaded.
- Double click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to complete the driver installation.
Method 2: Download the Driver from Device Manager
Windows lets you use Device Manager to download and install required drivers. Below is how to download, install and update AMD GPIO drivers using Device Manager.
- Use the shortcut command Windows+X to open the Quick Access menu.
- Choose Device Manager from the available options.
- Find and click on the category of Processors and Chipset.
- Right-click on your processor and choose Update driver from the context menu.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Let the update be complete.
- After the process completes, give your computer a quick restart.
Method 3: Download, Install and Update the Driver Automatically (Recommended)
Manual methods are always tough to follow, time and energy-consuming. Moreover, a single wrong step taken while following them may result in annoying computer problems.
Therefore, we recommend you use software like Bit Driver Updater to download, install, and update drivers automatically.
Bit Driver Updater downloads and installs the required driver updates automatically with one click. It also provides many benefits like driver backup and restores, driver download speed acceleration, etc.
We have done a full review of Bit Driver Updater. You can read it to get complete knowledge about it.
Below is how to use this software to download the AMD GPIO driver, install, and update it.
- Get Bit Driver Updater downloaded on your computer from the link below.
- Click on the downloaded file and install the software.
- Let Bit Driver Updater perform a thorough scan for a couple of seconds.
- Go through the flagged drivers and click on Update All to get them updated.
You can also update the AMD GPIO controller driver individually by selecting the Update Now option present next to the chipset drivers.
However, for smooth PC performance, we always suggest updating all the drivers.
AMD GPIO Driver Downloaded, Installed, and Updated
Through this article, we learned different methods to download, install, and update the AMD GPIO driver on Windows 10. You can follow any of them to get the latest driver download and install.
However, to save you precious time and effort, we recommend performing the task automatically using Bit Driver Updater. For more tech guides, add this blog to your bookmarks and subscribe to it as well.