After the introduction of WiFi technology, people reduced using one of the oldest wireless technology Bluetooth to share data. However, Bluetooth is still one of the most useful technologies to share data among devices such as laptops, mobile phones, computers, etc. Although, just like any other thing, you cannot use Bluetooth as well without proper Bluetooth drivers. Despite having a proper one, you have to update Bluetooth driver on Windows 10 regularly for its appropriate functioning. The updated Bluetooth driver can help you to connect with other Bluetooth devices without any issue. You can even use Bluetooth to play songs on external speakers or wireless headphones.
In this write-up, we’ll guide you through the methods to update Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10, 8, and 7 as well.
Recommended Method to Update Bluetooth Drivers
Updating Bluetooth drivers or any other drivers is quite a hectic task. However, if you use some correct tools, it can become a piece of cake. Hence, we advise you to consider ITL Driver Updater for updating your device drivers. You can try it for free as the software is available to download without any cost. Here is the download link.
Apart from that, First of all, let’s discuss the methods to download Bluetooth driver on Windows 10 if you do not have one.
Methods to Download and Update Bluetooth Driver on Windows 10, 8, and 7
Below we have mentioned multiple methods to download and update Bluetooth driver on Windows 10 and other latest versions of Windows. So, let’s check them.
How to Download Bluetooth driver on Windows PC
Just like any other driver, you can download Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10, 8, and 7 in three ways. First of all, you can download the appropriate Bluetooth from the official manufacturer’s website. The most common manufacturers of Bluetooth drivers are Intel, Broadcom, etc. You just need to visit their website and look for the Bluetooth driver for Windows 8.1 32bit/64bit or Windows 10, 7, and any other versions of Windows.
Similarly, you can also download Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10 from the system support utility of the laptop or PC manufacturers. Some reliable third-party driver provider websites can also be a good source to download Bluetooth drivers.
Once you have downloaded the Bluetooth drivers, just click on the downloaded .exe file to install it.
How to Update Bluetooth Driver Manually
These are the steps you have to follow once you have followed the above method to download Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10 and other latest versions of Windows. Now we have to keep the Bluetooth driver updated. We can do it in two ways, either manually or automatically. However, we do not prefer the first option, but some of you might be interested in it. Hence, here are the steps that you can follow to update the Bluetooth driver on Windows operating system manually.
By using Windows Update
First of all, let’s discuss the Windows Updates method. These are the steps that you need to follow to use Windows Updates to update Bluetooth driver or any other driver as well.
1. You have to open Windows Settings. In Windows 10 and 8, you can do it from the Start Menu.
However, on Windows 7, you can open system settings through Control Panel.
2. Now, click on the Update and Security option.
On Windows 7, you have to click on Windows Update in the Control Panel.
3. At last, in all the versions of Windows, whether 10, 8, or 7, you just need to click on Check for updates. Windows will automatically start updating all your outdated drivers.
However, this method doesn’t allow you to update any specific driver.
By using Device Manager
If you want to update Bluetooth drivers specifically, then you have to use Device Manager. You can follow these steps to do so.
1. Run the Windows Device Manager. You can do it simply by just searching for it in the Windows Search Box.
2. In Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth category.
3. Now you have a list of Bluetooth drivers installed on your device. Select the one you want to update.
4. Right-click on it and select Update driver to update Bluetooth driver on Windows 10.
5. After that, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
6. Once the search gets complete, Windows automatically starts updating the Bluetooth driver installed on your system. You just have to wait for it to get completed and then have to restart the PC.
Update Bluetooth Driver Automatically
The answer to the above question is one and only ITL Driver Updater. You have already seen the above methods, and now you might understand why we do not recommend updating drivers manually. It’s so much hustle to update Bluetooth drivers manually. Hence, to avoid such hustle, we recommend you to use ITL Driver Updater. As we always say, this is the best option to update drivers such as Bluetooth, Graphics, or various other drivers as well. So, let’s have a look at the steps to use ITL Driver Updater to update Bluetooth driver on Windows 10, 8, or 7.
1. Download this compact yet effective driver updater utility from the button below.
2. Install the downloaded file.
3. Now, go to the desktop and double click on the application icon of ITL Driver Updater.
4. It will automatically provide you with a list of outdated drivers in a few moments. So wait for a few seconds until the scan gets completed.
5. Now you are ready to update the Bluetooth driver on Windows 10. Look for it from in that list of outdated drivers and click on ‘Update Now’ to update the driver, and that’s it.
Look how simple it is to use ITL Driver Updater to update the Bluetooth driver on Windows 10. Not just Bluetooth driver, you can use ITL Driver Updater utility to update any driver and fix any issues related to the drivers. So, we hope that you’ll also use ITL Driver Updater to update your drivers.
For more such information and suggestions, you can subscribe to Innovana blogs, and if you subscribe, then bookmark the page as well.