If you are facing issues with your Canon MF244dw printer or have recently brought it, download, install and update its drivers. Read on to learn the best ways to download and install the Canon MF244dw printer driver software’s updated version.
Canon printers are truly one of a kind. You can expect high quality from every printing machine, including Canon imageClass MF244dw wireless, multifunction, duplex, laser printer. However, like every other hardware, it also needs software called a driver to communicate with the computer. Therefore, first, you must download the Canon MF244dw printer before doing anything with it.
If the Canon MF244dw printer is not working despite having a driver installed on your computer, the driver you have is outdated. Out-of-date drivers do more damage than good to the performance of your printer and the PC as a whole.
Therefore, for error-free printing and overall computer performance, you need to update the Canon MF244dw printer driver.
You can download and install the Canon MF244dw printer driver’s latest version effortlessly with the methods shared in the next section.
Methods to Download and Update Canon MF244dw Printer Driver
Below are various ways you can follow to get the Canon MF244dw printer driver downloaded, installed, and updated.
Method 1: Download the Driver from Canon’s Website:
The website of Canon is among the most trusted sources to get the drivers for all its products. However, to apply this method correctly, you must be aware of your computer’s make and model. Follow the path Settings>System>About to note your PC’s model and operating system. After noting the required details, follow these steps to download the Canon MF244dw printer driver’s updated version and install it.
- Go to the Canon website.
- Choose Support from the menu bar.
- Click on Software & Drivers.
- Search for your product, i.e., Canon MF244dw, and select it from the results.
- Click on Drivers & Downloads.
- Select your operating system and language.
- Click on Select to view the details of the latest driver.
- Click on Download to get the driver file on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded file and install the Canon MF244dw printer driver.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Install the Driver
If you do not know the make and model of your computer, have a bit of technical knowledge, and are willing to spend a few hours downloading, installing, and updating the Canon MF244dw driver, then use Device Manager. Below is how to do it.
- Employ the Windows+X shortcut to make the Quick Access menu appear.
- Choose Device Manager from the said menu.
- Click on Printers or Print queues.
- Right-click on the Canon MF244dw printer and select Update driver.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows 10 to download the Canon MF244dw printer driver’s updated version and install it.
- After completing the process, restart the computer.
Method 3: Get your OS Updated
Updating the operating system is another popular way to get the missing drivers downloaded and outdated ones updated manually. However, Canon MF244dw printer driver may not be available with this method if it is released only a while ago. Still, you can take the below steps to try downloading, installing, and updating the drivers this way.
- Employing the Windows+I keyboard command, open Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the update that is recommended for your computer.
- After completing the process, reboot the PC.
Method 4: How to Update the Canon MF244dw Printer Driver Automatically
As you can yourself feel, the above-shared manual ways are time taking, need a lot of patience, and technical knowledge. Therefore, we do not suggest them to people who want fast and hassle-free driver downloads, installs, and updates.
We recommend automatic driver updates through dedicated programs, such as Bit Driver Updater. It makes downloading, installing, and updating the drivers a whole lot simpler. Moreover, this software also offers many outstanding advantages, such as driver backup and restore, accelerating the driver download speed, and much more. You can read more about Bit Driver Updater in its in-depth review.
For now, below is how to use it to download the updated version of the Canon MF244dw printer driver and install it.
- Click on the link shared here to get the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Double click on the downloaded installation file and install the software.
- Let the software perform a detailed computer scan for a few seconds.
- Go through the flagged drivers and click on the Update All button to download and install the updated versions of all drivers automatically.
If you wish, you can also download and install the updated Canon MF244dw printer driver individually, by clicking the Update Now button present next to it.
Canon MF244dw Printer Driver Downloaded, Installed, and Updated
Through this article, we highlighted multiple ways to download, install, and update the Canon MF244dw printer driver. You can implement any of them depending on your technical skills, knowledge, and available time. For those who are short on time and need an automatic way to update drivers effortlessly, we recommend Bit Driver Updater. And for more knowledgeable tech guides, stay tuned to this blog.