Do you want the best performance from your Focusrite Scarlett 18i20? Then, download, install, and update its drivers. This post shows you the easiest and fastest ways to do it.
If you are a musician, songwriter, or anyone who has something to do with music, then you might already know about Focusrite Scarlett. It is the best-in-class audio interface to help you record, play, and mix audio in top-notch quality. Talking about 18i20, it is an affordable but power-packed and versatile interface from the house of Focusrite Scarlett. However, it cannot live up to your expectations if you do not download Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers.
Drivers connect the hardware to the computer so that they can communicate with each other, and you make your space a studio without worrying about annoying PC errors. However, only downloading the driver is never enough for smooth performance. You must also ensure that the drivers are updated timely to make them perform the way you want, i.e., smoothly.
Hence, through this article, we introduce you to the simplest ways to download, install, and update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers (both 1st and 2nd gen) for free.
Methods to Download, Install, and Update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Drivers
Below are the available ways to download the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers, install, and update them.
Method 1: Download Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 driver from Focusrite’s website:
Focusrite Scarlett has all the drivers that you may need, including the much-needed 18i20 driver. Below is how to download and install the updated Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers from there.
- Travel to the website of Focusrite Scarlett from here.
- Hover over the SUPPORT option and choose DOWNLOADS from the drop-down list.
- Pick Focusrite as your brand.
- Now, from the Pick your product by range box, select Scarlett 18i20/Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen/ Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen.
- Choose Software from the Pick your download for product by type box.
- Click on DOWNLOAD to get the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 software downloaded on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded file and install the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers.
- Reboot the PC after completing the driver download and installation.
Method 2: Download and update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers through Device Manager:
Another reliable way to download and install the latest version of Focusrite Scarlett 1st/2nd gen driver on Windows 10 is using Device Manager. Below is how to get the required drivers from this in-built PC tool.
- Use the shortcut command Windows+X to make the Quick Access menu visible.
- Select Device Manager from the menu that appears before you.
- Now, click on the Sound, video, and game controllers to view them.
- Right-click on your Focus Scarlett device and pick Update driver from the contextual menu.
- Click on the option that allows your computer to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for the driver download and installation to complete.
- After the whole process is complete, start your computer again.
Read More: How to Download Driver for Unknown Device in Device Manager
Method 3: Carry out the Operating System Update
Updating the operating system also installs many drivers that you need on your computer, including the ones for Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 device. Hence, below is the step-by-step way to update Windows. It is quite a time-consuming process. Still, you can give it a try.
- Launch the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows and X keys together.
- Select Settings from the visible menu.
- Pick Update & Security from the menu that comes up.
- Now, click on the tab named Check for updates.
- Let Windows detect an update for your computer.
- After Windows finds an update, download and install the same.
- Restart your computer after completing the process.
Method 4: Download, install, and update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers automatically (Recommended):
Above, we looked at all the manual processes to download the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers, install, and update them on Windows 10. As you can see, these ways were quite effort-taking and time-consuming. Therefore, we suggest you accomplish the task automatically using Bit Driver Updater.
This software installs all the needed driver updates automatically with a single click. Moreover, it also provides its users several advantages, such as an option to create driver backups and restore them, increase the driver download speed, create a restore point for the entire system, etc. You can know all about its features and benefits from this detailed review.
Now, let’s acquaint you with the easy process you need to implement to download, install, and update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 1st gen/2nd gen driver on Windows 10.
- Click on the link given below and then download the setup for Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the setup that you have downloaded and complete the software’s installation.
- Let the software perform a scan of your computer.
- After two to three seconds, when the scan results pop up, go to the Focusrite Scarlett drivers and click on Update Now to get their latest version.
For an improved and error-free PC performance, you can also Update All drivers automatically with one click.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers download and updated effortlessly
This article walked you through various methods to download, install and update Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 drivers on Windows 10. You can select any of these approaches to perform the task. However, in our view, the easiest, quickest, and most convenient way to do it is through Bit Driver Updater. You can try it and leave your valuable response in the comments section.