You cannot get the ultimate 8K gaming experience from your GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card unless you download the GeForce 3090 driver and keep it updated. Therefore, read on to known the easiest ways to fix GeForce 3090 driver issue.
8K Games are a new trend in the gaming world. And you need advanced graphic cards to run the 8K games smoothly. Talking about the graphic cards for 8K gaming, GeForce RTX 3090 is the first name that comes to everyone’s mind. It is a powerful beast with TITAN class performance, 2nd gen RTX architecture, improved Ray Tracing and Tensor Cores, and such other impressive specs. But, despite all these specifications, your graphics card may not work if you do not correctly download GeForce RTX 3090 driver.
Moreover, it is also crucial to timely update the GeForce RTX 3090 driver, as if the communication channel between the computer and graphic card, the driver becomes outdated, then you may face annoying gaming glitches. Hence, this article shares the best ways to download, install, update, and uninstall the GeForce RTX 3090 driver whenever you need to do it.
Part I: How to Download GeForce RTX 3090 Driver, Install, and Uninstall it
Below are the quick and simple ways to download GeForce RTX 3090 driver, install, uninstall, and update it.
Way 1: Download GeForce RTX 3090 driver via the NVIDIA website:
The NVIDIA website is a place where you can find all the NVIDIA graphic card drivers. Below is how to download the GeForce RTX 3090 driver from there.
- Visit the driver download page of NVIDIA.
- Once it opens, choose the Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating System, Download Type, and Language.
- Click on the “Search” button that is present on the screen.
- Now, click on the “Download” button that is visible below the driver description.
- Wait for the download to complete. After it completes, click on the downloaded file and tread on the heels of on-screen directions to install the GeForce RTX 3090 driver.
Device Manager is another location from which you can download, install, and update drivers for all the peripherals. Below is how to use it for installing the GeForce RTX 3090 driver.
- Use the Windows + R shortcut to launch the “Run” box.
- After the Run box opens, type “devmgmt.msc” in the given box and click “OK.”
- Wait for the “Device Manager” to launch. After it launches, click on “Display Adapters” to expand them.
- Right-click on GeForce RTX 3090 driver and choose “Update driver” from the menu present on your screen.
- Now, you will see two options under the heading “How do you want to search for drivers”? Choose the first alternative, i.e., “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Wait for a couple of hours till Windows finds a driver update and installs the same on your device.
- Lastly, restart the computer.
Way 3: Uninstall the GeForce RTX 3090 driver to install it again
You can also uninstall the GeForce RTX 3090 driver to install the same again on your computer. Here are the steps for doing it.
- Evoke “Device Manager” on the computer.
- Click on the “Display Adapters” category to expand it.
- Right-click on the GeForce RTX 3090 driver and select “Uninstall device” from the popup menu.
- Now, you will see a dialog box on the screen. Checkmark the “Delete the driver software for this device” option and click on the OK/Uninstall button.
- Wait for a few minutes and after the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer so that Windows can install it again.
Below are the two ways through which you can update the GeForce RTX 3090 driver for error-free 8K gaming.
Way 1: Manually Update GeForce RTX 3090 Driver
If you have the required time, patience, and computer skills, then you can follow the steps shared below to download and update the GeForce RTX 3090 driver manually.
- Use the Windows + I key shortcut to open “Settings” of your computer.
- Once you have the Settings on your screen, choose “Update & Security.”
- After the Update & Security settings come up, go to “Windows Update.”
- Click on the “Check for updates” option.
Now, wait for a few hours so that Windows can update the operating system and install the required driver updates. However, many times, it takes up the entire day, and even then fails to download the updated drivers. It happens especially when the driver update is released only recently.
Way 2: Update GeForce RTX 3090 Driver Automatically (Recommended)
We believe that time is the most precious resource that we all should save. Downloading and updating drivers manually do not only take a whole lot of time but also requires considerable effort and energy. Therefore, we recommend an automatic way to download GeForce RTX 3090 driver and update it. You can use Bit Driver Updater, i.e., a driver updater that is trusted by millions of users over the globe. It automatically downloads WHQL certified driver updates, resolves the PC issues, and elevates the performance of your computer. Moreover, it has an ocean of drivers in its database and supports multiple languages. Furthermore, it is among the easiest to use driver updaters. You only need to follow the quick steps shared below to use it.
- Download and install Bit Driver Updater from here.
- After it installs, it begins scanning your device automatically. If you do not want to run an automatic scan, then you can also run it manually by clicking the “Scan” option.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Once you get the scan results, click on the “Update Now” button present in front of the driver that you need to update. If you want to perform the task of updating drivers even more smartly in a single click, then select “Upgrade to PRO.” If you upgrade to PRO, then you get several other useful options, such as driver backup and restore driver download speed acceleration, and more.
Now, instead of wasting valuable time, click on the below link to get all the drivers updated in a jiffy and have an incredible gaming experience on your computer.
Download and Update GeForce RTX 3090 Driver: Final Words
Through this article, we got enlightened on the best methods to download GeForce RTX 3090 driver, install, and uninstall it. Moreover, we also discussed the easiest way to update the GeForce RTX 3090 driver. We hope that you have now got all the drivers that you needed for an amazing gaming and computing experience. If you have any questions or want more help from us, please do not hesitate to contact us via the comments section. We will soon return with another such tech guide.