We are living in a digital era, and hence we store all our documents, pictures, and other information digitally. However, despite this, having a hard copy is essential. That’s the reason why printers are still so significant. But as they are also one of the PC devices, hence you require correct drivers to make them function properly. Considering this, today, we are providing you with a guide to download the latest drivers for HP DeskJet 2540 printer. It provides you with multiple helpful ways to download HP DeskJet 2540 driver update on Windows PC.
Along with the proper functionality, updating printer drivers is also a handy way to resolve various printer problems. Hence, without further ado, let’s jump to the HP DeskJet 2540 driver download, update, and installation guide.
Ways to Download HP DeskJet 2540 Driver Updates
HP DeskJet 2540 printer is one of the popular printers of the HP DeskJet series. However, to install it properly on your PC, you require to follow the below methods to download HP DeskJet 2540 driver update on the Windows system.
Download & Install HP Deskjet 2540 Driver through Windows Device Manager
As the name suggests, Windows Device Manager helps you to manage all the hardware devices of Windows PC. Hence, as a device driver is an essential component for all the PC devices, Device Manager also allows you to download, update, and install it. Here are the essential steps that you should take to download and install HP DeskJet 2540 driver on Windows PC.
- Go to the Windows Search utility and search for the Device Manager.
- Open it.
- Click and expand the ‘Print Queues’ or ‘Printers’ category.
- Right-click HP DeskJet 2540 printer.
- Download the latest HP DeskJet 2540 driver update by clicking Update driver option
- Choose a method to search for the driver update. We recommend going with Search automatically for updated driver software.
This will trigger Windows to search for an appropriate driver version for your HP DeskJet 2540 printer device. If the system finds an update, then be assured that the OS will download and install it on your PC. You just have to wait and provide some required permissions to the system.
Download HP DeskJet 2540 Driver from HP Support
To ensure the authenticity of a software, experts recommend to download or get it from its authentic source, i.e., from the official manufacturers. Hence, many people download HP DeskJet 2540 driver updates from the official HP Support. Here is how you can also download and install HP DeskJet 2540 driver update on your PC from HP Support.
- Go to the HP Support webpage.
- Select Software and Drivers.
- As we are discussing about HP DeskJet 2540 printer, hence select Printer.
- After that, type HP DeskJet 2540 in the search box and select the correct HP DeskJet 2540 printer device.
- Choose your operating system.
- Then select the appropriate HP DeskJet 2540 driver and click on Download.
- Once you download the HP DeskJet 2540 driver file on your PC, run it on your system.
- Follow the instructions and guidelines provided by the installation wizard and install HP DeskJet 2540 driver on your PC.
Download & Update HP DeskJet 2540 Driver via Bit Driver Updater
However, the above two ways to download the latest HP DeskJet 2540 driver update are quite effective, but they still have a few shortcomings. Using Device Manager to update and install the newest version of HP DeskJet 2540 driver is quite a lengthy and time-consuming process. On the other hand, it requires a lot of effort to download the driver from HP Support and then installing it manually.
However, apart from the above two methods, we also have an alternative that is easy to use and does not require much of your time as well. We are talking about using the best third-party driver updater and repair software, i.e., Bit Driver Updater. It helps your to update your HP DeskJet 2540 driver with a single click. Along with this, it also saves your time by providing you with a suitable driver version in just a couple of minutes.
The software also offers a plethora of futuristic features in its premium version. If you want to use the complete functionality of Bit Driver Updater, then subscribing to its premium version is a must.
If you are new with this exceptional driver repair and updating software, then you can follow these steps to download and use it on your PC.
- Run the downloaded file on your Windows PC.
- Follow some simple on-screen instructions and install Bit Driver Updater.
- Open the program.
- Choose the Scan Drivers option.
- After the completion of the driver scan, it provides you with a list of faulty drivers and their issues. Go to the driver HP DeskJet 2540 driver.
- Select Update Now.
The rest is upon the Bit Driver Updater. It will download and install the correct driver update on your PC effortlessly.
Best Way to Download HP DeskJet 2540 Driver Update
As we have discussed several ways to download HP DeskJet 2540 driver update, so let’s conclude the guide by evaluating the best one. It is no doubt that all the methods that we have mentioned are effective in downloading and installing driver updates for the HP DeskJet printer. But, some of them have a few cons and due to which we cannot consider them as best. Hence, we recommend every Windows 10, 8, and 7 users to use Bit Driver Updater for downloading and installing device drivers like the HP DeskJet 2540 driver.
Furthermore, if you want to know about updating other printer drivers, then subscribe to the Innovana blog.