Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 gaming card performs the best when accompanied by compatible drivers. Therefore, read on to learn the ways to download, install, and update its drivers.
Iris Plus Graphics 640 and 655 are power-packed graphic cards from Intel. The former is used for 15-Watt ULV models, whereas the latter is used for 28-Watt Coffee Lake-U models. If you have any of these graphic cards, you can rest assured to have an excellent gaming experience. However, to ensure error-free gaming performance in the long run, you must have the appropriate Intel Iris Plus 655 drivers or 640 drivers.
Intel Iris Plus Graphics is good for gaming, but it may give you a tough time if the drivers become outdated. A driver update fixes the technical issues that may hamper your gaming experience. Therefore, you must also download and install the Intel Iris Plus graphics 640/655 driver update.
This article acquaints you with the methods to download and install the updated Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 driver on Windows 10. Without further ado, let’s walk through them.
Quick and Easy Methods to Download Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 Driver
Below are the different ways you can follow to download the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655/640 driver update and install it on Windows 10.
Method 1: Download the Intel Iris Plus Graphics Driver from the Official Website
You can go to the Intel website and download the required driver updates if you know your computer’s make and model.
First, follow the path Settings>System>About to note the operating system of your computer and then follow the instructions shared below to download the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 driver/640 driver updates.
- Click here to visit Intel’s website.
- Scroll down to the page and click on Download Center.
- Select your product category, i.e., Graphics.
- Select Intel Iris Plus Graphics Family from the “Which type” drop-down menu.
- From the next “Which type” menu, choose Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655/640.
As an example, we are selecting the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 driver.
- Choose Drivers from the “Download Type” menu.
- Click on Operating System and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the latest driver to download its installation file.
- Double click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to complete the driver installation.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Install Iris Plus Graphics 655 Driver
You can also install the driver update for your Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640/655 using Device Manager. Below are the steps to do it.
- Use the Windows+X keyboard shortcut to open the Quick Access menu.
- From the on-screen options, pick Device Manager.
- Click on Display adapters to view Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655/640.
- Right-click the graphics card and choose the Update driver option.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for the updated driver download and installation to complete.
- After completing the process, reboot your computer.
Method 3: Update Windows to the Latest Version
Updating Windows is also one of the ways to download the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 driver update. Thus, you can follow these steps to update your operating system.
- Employ the Windows+I keyboard shortcut to launch Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Choose Windows Update from the left panel and check for updates.
- Download the latest recommended updates and install them.
- Reboot your PC after the process completes.
Method 4: Update Intel Graphics Driver Automatically (Recommended):
Till now, we discussed different manual ways to get the needed Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640/655 driver updates. As you can also judge, they are quite complicated and not suitable for non-experienced users. Even if you are experienced, there is a high risk of downloading the wrong driver manually.
Therefore, to help you avoid such risks, we suggest you download the driver updates for Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655/640 automatically. You can use the best driver update software such as Bit Driver Updater to do it.
Bit Driver Updater makes it possible to update the driver with just a click. And, provides several other benefits, such as driver backup and restore, driver download speed acceleration, etc. Here is a detailed review of this software to help you know it better.
Now, let’s walk you through the quick steps to download, install, and update Intel Graphics driver using Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the link below to download Bit Driver Updater’s setup.
- Double click the downloaded file and complete the software installation.
- Let the software run a scan on your computer for a few seconds.
- Go through the flagged drivers and click on the Update Now option present next to the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 driver.
- To update all the out-of-date drivers with one click, you can select the Update All option.
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 Driver Downloaded, Installed, and Updated
This article walked you through multiple methods to get the required Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 and 655 driver updates downloaded and installed. You can pick any of these ways to perform the task depending on your convenience. However, we suggest you use automatic software such as Bit Driver Updater to make the process a whole lot easier. For more tech how-to guides, stay tuned to our blog.