Managing power on most of the Lenovo laptops is a herculean task, particularly when you are a gamer or heavy computer user. If you are also one of those users who are troubled with frequent battery drains, then it is a smart decision to download Lenovo power management driver Windows 10.
To control power better and avoid related issues, it is also crucial to update the Lenovo power management driver timely. And how to download and update this driver is what we are going to discuss throughout this article. Let’s move to the ways to do it.
How to Download and Update Lenovo Power Management Driver on Windows 10
Below are the ways through which you can download and update the power management driver on your Lenovo computers running Windows 10.
Method #1: Download Lenovo power management driver through the official website
You can download the driver for management of power on both 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions of Windows 10 from the official website of Lenovo. Below are the steps you need to follow to do it.
- Go to the website of Lenovo from this link.
- Float the mouse on the PC block and click on the View PC Support tab.
- In the Search PC Support box, input the name of your device. We are taking the X380 Yoga laptop as an example.
- Select it from the results.
- Choose Drivers & Software from the left pane.
- Click on the Manual Update tab.
- Now, scroll down to the Power Management option and click on it.
- Click on the Lenovo power management driver for Windows 10 that you wish to download.
- Click on the download icon to get the driver file downloaded on your computer.
- Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver to manage power on your Lenovo device.
Method #2: Download, Install and Update the Lenovo Power Management Driver Automatically (recommended)
It may take a lot of time and effort to download the driver to manage power on Windows 10 Lenovo computers. Therefore, downloading, installing, and updating the driver automatically is what we recommend. It saves you a lot of time and energy that you can invest in other more productive work.
You can use software like Bit Driver Updater to accomplish this task easily and effectively. It is among the best driver updaters that let you download and install the latest version of all drivers with just a click. You can read its comprehensive review to know more about it.
Below is the step-by-step process to get the drivers you need for your Lenovo computer in a jiffy with Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the link given below to download the installation file of Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- After the installation completes, wait patiently for a few seconds till the software scans your device.
- Now, click on the Update Now tab present next to the power management driver to download its updated version for your Lenovo Windows 10 computer.
You can also choose to update all the outdated drivers existing on your computer for improved performance by selecting the Update All option.
Above were the two prominent ways to get the latest driver for the management of power on your Windows 10 Lenovo computer. If you have any questions or confusion, you can go through the next section to clear your doubts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the Lenovo power management driver?
To put it simply, it is a small software that helps you manage power better on your Lenovo notebook PCs.
Q2. What does the Lenovo power management driver do?
Now that you know what this driver is, below is what it does.
- It enables your computer to use different features to manage power.
- Adjustment of various power settings.
- It fixes power-related issues.
- Improves the power-saving capabilities.
Q3. How do I update the Lenovo power management driver manually?
Manually updating this driver on a Lenovo device is quite tough for a beginner. Still, if you are willing to do it, then follow these steps.
- Using the Windows+X hotkey call up the Quick Access menu.
- Select Device Manager from the options that come up.
- Now, click on the System Devices category.
- Right-click on the Lenovo Power Manager and choose Update Driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After Windows 10 finds and installs the latest version of the required driver, reboot your computer.
Q4. How do I uninstall the Lenovo power management driver?
You can follow the below steps to uninstall this driver if it creates problems.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Expand the System Devices section.
- Right-click on the Lenovo Power Manager and select Uninstall device.
- Mark the Delete driver software for this device box.
- Click OK/Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation completes, reboot the device.
Lenovo Power Management Driver Downloaded, Installed, and Updated on Windows 10
Above was the simple guide to download, install and update the Lenovo power management driver for both 64 Bit and 32 Bit versions of Windows 10. We suggest you do it automatically using Bit Driver Updater to save your valuable time and fix driver-related issues. And before leaving this page, do let us know if you found this information useful or not through the comments section.